Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X MR Mitsubishi Buy Back

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X MR Mitsubishi Buy Back

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Recently found this car at autotrader.

I called the dealer and I guess that Mitsubishi decided to warranty buy back this car because they had decided to replace the transmission and apparently they took a long time getting it from Japan so the original owner *****ed and moaned enough to get it bought back. I don't know any Evo owners who would just sell their car back to Mitsu without a good reason and doing further research it comes up as a lemon title due to the fact that the company bought the car back. Is this worth looking into or not? Has anyone had any experience in dealing with this kind of situation and had a good/bad experience with the car. The only thing i'm worried about is that it wasnt' the transmission that caused the failures so it might continue to have problems.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

2008 was the year with the most problems for the SST (first production run), be careful.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Spend the extra dough and get a new one. That is a base MR with a branded title. Unless it was priced 50% below wholesale kelly blue book, I would not buy that car.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:23 PM

I saw this car too, it's local to me and at a reputable Evo dealer but that deal doesn't sound too hot. The car will have a lemon record on the title which cuts the value by a good amount. Plus the miles are high. I wouldn't pay more than 20-21 for this car.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

There's a sucker born every minute. Don't be that sucker. Wouldn't take much more to get a used one in known great condition, or just step up and get a new one.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Wow that MR is a hair away from 60k miles! Yikes!

I sold my Ralliart with 38k miles and the stock TC-SST but it took the dealership I sold it to about 7 months to get rid of it letting it go below 20k...

That price is very attractive though... but like others said, 2011s are brand new and have A BUNCH of little updates that Mitsu added through the years that the '08 won't have...

See if u can find a local dealer who can let go their '11 MRs for this much:

http://www.rchillmitsubishi.com/new-...&SBprice=clear
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:56 PM

I offered 21k and the dealer said they had a buyer coming in at 5 to give them the 23,995 i said good luck
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:59 PM

They probably don't understand it's a lemon then. I walked on a deal in Austin a few weeks ago. 08 RR with SSS 15K miles for 25.5. They told me it was stock, when I got there it was modded and had a tune of unknown origin so I passed. 24 for this car is a joke.

There's also a guy in Lubbock trying to dump his 08 GSR with SSS. Has 36K miles, one minor fender bender (repaired) and some scratches on the interior plastics. He said he'd let it go for 22.5.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by jazket
Wow that MR is a hair away from 60k miles! Yikes!

I sold my Ralliart with 38k miles and the stock TC-SST but it took the dealership I sold it to about 7 months to get rid of it letting it go below 20k...

That price is very attractive though... but like others said, 2011s are brand new and have A BUNCH of little updates that Mitsu added through the years that the '08 won't have...

See if u can find a local dealer who can let go their '11 MRs for this much:

http://www.rchillmitsubishi.com/new-...&SBprice=clear
That is a pretty good deal, I would almost be tempted to buy a new one. Is there a "catch" at that dealer?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Dont do it.... If the trans has been replaced you don't know what condition the car is in. Stay away from it if i were you.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
That is a pretty good deal, I would almost be tempted to buy a new one. Is there a "catch" at that dealer?
Nope no catch as far as I know... I did not buy from them though (instead bought local) cause they're nearly 300 miles away from me (in central Orlando, I'm in Homestead) and because they wouldn't approve me for a 2.9% APR through Mitsubishi Motors Credit of America...

So I went back to my local dealership where I've made some friends already, and they hooked it up! I did pay 1.5k more cause my friend wouldn't believe these people could do that price...

But they do give you that price cause I had the deal almost closed with RC Hill

I think their "Internet Price" is simply the MSRP plus all the discounts, including Mitsu loyalty which is $500 bucks... so if u dont have a previous Mitsu that means it's $500 more expensive than the price u see in that page if im not mistaken

Their '11 GSRs are even cheaper lol:

http://www.rchillmitsubishi.com/new/...b7f366f8de.htm

$35k for a Loaded one... same I paid for mine local minus the leather, sunroof, heated seats, cubby console upgrade... lol

Last edited by jazket; Jan 6, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by jazket
Nope no catch as far as I know... I did not buy from them though (instead bought local) cause they're nearly 300 miles away from me (in central Orlando, I'm in Homestead) and because they wouldn't approve me for a 2.9% APR through Mitsubishi Motors Credit of America...

So I went back to my local dealership where I've made some friends already, and they hooked it up! I did pay 1.5k more cause my friend wouldn't believe these people could do that price...

But they do give you that price cause I had the deal almost closed with RC Hill

I think their "Internet Price" is simply the MSRP plus all the discounts, including Mitsu loyalty which is $500 bucks... so if u dont have a previous Mitsu that means it's $500 more expensive than the price u see in that page if im not mistaken

Their '11 GSRs are even cheaper lol:

http://www.rchillmitsubishi.com/new/...b7f366f8de.htm

$35k for a Loaded one... same I paid for mine local minus the leather, sunroof, heated seats, cubby console upgrade... lol
You can get 1.99 through penfed I think. I wonder if there's still any wiggle room on those prices. I'm considering it and I'm halfway across the country in TX.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
You can get 1.99 through penfed I think. I wonder if there's still any wiggle room on those prices. I'm considering it and I'm halfway across the country in TX.
Isn't Penfed for Goverment or Military only though? I think I did try Penfed but didn't even finish my application because of something like that...

But do call 'em up and give it a try... I remember speaking with either Eddie or.. hmmm forgot the other salesman's name lol

I have no ties to these dudes lol, I have friends at my local dealership and I rarely recommend them to people cause they're prices can't be matched to RC Hill's... and I've tried getting an Evo from RC more than once... first time I had brand new credit (back in 08) so they told me to turn around and never come back lol... the last time I tried they didn't want to give me the loan terms I wanted but the price was their online price

I went by their dealership not too long ago that day after the boost for ***** event... What I know for sure is that while I was looking for a good deal on an Evo I always saw these people bring in Evos, put them in their online inventory, ready up pictures within a week, and have them all gone by end of month... that was month by month, they'd bring in 5/6 Evos and they'd all be gone within a month or two, no lie
Old Jan 6, 2012, 05:57 PM

I just bought my used evo thru penfed with 1.99%
In my case i called asking them the same thing. If i had to be military or be family? And all they told me was that i just needed to become a member of some club or group for $25 and that was it. I did and right after that we started filling out the application.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 06:00 PM

Penfed is govt but you can just donate 25 bucks to a veterans fund to become a member

Quick Reply: Evo X MR Mitsubishi Buy Back