Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Sold the Evo X..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only downtime I've had with my X is when I'm filling it with gas. Sorry to hear you didn't have any luck with yours.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 08:11 AM

i own a stage 2 09 wrx and am looking to get into an older evo to have no car payment but i can tell you that out of all the people i've met and hang around with that drive any platform of the wrx and the sti have yet to see any ringland issues. i think it was more a case of 2 or 3 happening in a short occurence of eachother so everyone jumped the gun. some stuff with forums and word of mouth is just here say. i love my subi but i like the evos a lot too.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Noize
Leave that Subie closer to stock or just do tune + exhaust. If you upgrade the snail, you'll be pining for your old Evo's problems. EJ257s aren't made to go fast without tons of money invested and breakage along the way. Not a good FI engine at all.
Suspension and tune at most...I've just lost so much money in mods over years...not worth it.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Finest
The only downtime I've had with my X is when I'm filling it with gas. Sorry to hear you didn't have any luck with yours.
Definitely more with the X than the VIII I had...never would thought that.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

I've had my X for about 6mos. now, thank God I have has no issues. The only down time has been the installation of mods. Sorry to hear about the bad luck.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

The local shop bluepear likes to go to is a great shop, and the owner is a subaru fanatic (twin turbo + super charged STi).

He'll love the hatchback for his needs (bigger trunk, because we all know the X is a joke on trunk space), and his wife will love the Forester too I'm sure.

Grats!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:54 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bluepeartype-s
Seems after every mod...there was more and more expenses involved and I got tired of them. One problem lead to another and the bills kept climbing.

And it was because I was modifing. Not just the habit or addiction to it.

Dont get me wrong I'll always love the EVO...
WRX is going to give you the same problems if you go modding it
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
50k, small mods, DD and not one issue.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by tommelleo22
i own a stage 2 09 wrx and am looking to get into an older evo to have no car payment but i can tell you that out of all the people i've met and hang around with that drive any platform of the wrx and the sti have yet to see any ringland issues. i think it was more a case of 2 or 3 happening in a short occurence of eachother so everyone jumped the gun. some stuff with forums and word of mouth is just here say. i love my subi but i like the evos a lot too.
That's weird. Because the majority of the +07 STi I know have blown motors. Granted they were auto-x & track cars.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Be careful, check your oil frequently. STi's burn oil like a rotary haha

We have a 2012 STi in the shop right now... rod knock :
Old Jan 13, 2012, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by TheBlade
The local shop bluepear likes to go to is a great shop, and the owner is a subaru fanatic (twin turbo + super charged STi).

He'll love the hatchback for his needs (bigger trunk, because we all know the X is a joke on trunk space), and his wife will love the Forester too I'm sure.

Grats!
Please don't get me wrong..I'm not knocking the X or EVO in any way...
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluepeartype-s
Please don't get me wrong..I'm not knocking the X or EVO in any way...
I totally get ya, read the longer thread on the local forum too. I've known Rob from FAT since he worked in the garage at his mom's house in Prescott. Guy knows his stuff, you'll be fine modding a subie with him.

My last car was an 05 STi. I really miss the fit and finish of the interior, the lack of rattles, the harder pull (well still comparing to my X stock, I know the X has more raw potential). Just like people mentioned though, stage 2 mods and and a flash from FAT, Wingz or UMS and you'll be fine.

I'm jealous your wife went for the Forester too. I would jump for joy if I could convince my fiancé to get a wrx premium to replace her focus. She hates my evo, but loved my STi, and would never mod more than exhaust on a car, so I'm thinking the wrx premium would be perfect for her.

Bring the new wrx out to the marina or the pavs sometime soon!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by TheBlade
I totally get ya, read the longer thread on the local forum too. I've known Rob from FAT since he worked in the garage at his mom's house in Prescott. Guy knows his stuff, you'll be fine modding a subie with him.

My last car was an 05 STi. I really miss the fit and finish of the interior, the lack of rattles, the harder pull (well still comparing to my X stock, I know the X has more raw potential). Just like people mentioned though, stage 2 mods and and a flash from FAT, Wingz or UMS and you'll be fine.

I'm jealous your wife went for the Forester too. I would jump for joy if I could convince my fiancé to get a wrx premium to replace her focus. She hates my evo, but loved my STi, and would never mod more than exhaust on a car, so I'm thinking the wrx premium would be perfect for her.

Bring the new wrx out to the marina or the pavs sometime soon!
Thanks..Rob and Taylor have done good things to my Evo when it was there at FAT. i'm looking forward to what I can do with WRX too.

I'll definitely bring it out as soon as it comes in..still be pretty stock..

-B
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:23 AM

sorry to hear about your problems with the Evo.
if you ever have the time, it might be helpful for the forum to describe the problems you were having, especially because it sounds like you had a good shop do the work, so that was not the issue.
enjoy the WRX
Old Jan 14, 2012, 07:19 AM

Another one bites the dust, see you on nasioc

Quick Reply: Sold the Evo X..