Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Sold the Evo X..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2012, 06:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sold the Evo X..

I sold the EVO X. I will miss it..but will not miss the constant down times. After having my car for more than 2 and half years an no warranty later. The expenses are getting to be more than the car is worth to me. I'll still remain apart of an AWD community just not Mitsubishi.

I always learned alot here at evom and got great advice!

Thanks,

B
Old Jan 8, 2012, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to hear it was causing you issues. have you gotten/decided on the replacement?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 06:42 AM

what kind of problems did it give you?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another Evo driver gone

Can you tell us what kinds of problems you were having and what car are you gonna get now?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Alpha X
Another Evo driver gone

Can you tell us what kinds of problems you were having and what car are you gonna get now?
Seems after every mod...there was more and more expenses involved and I got tired of them. One problem lead to another and the bills kept climbing.

And it was because I was modifing. Not just the habit or addiction to it.

I am getting a 2012 WRX Limited wagon/hatch..with a few additional options added.

Dont get me wrong I'll always love the EVO...
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to see you sell your Evo. Will you be modding the Subi? I know that Subis have their own issues when modding. In any event, the WRX is a nice car and has lots of potential. Best wishes on your new ride!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 01:36 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

Sucks to read this, but I guess you had to do it. If you're going to mod the WRX be careful because the 2012's still have the piston ringland issues I believe.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 240 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Sev
Sucks to read this, but I guess you had to do it. If you're going to mod the WRX be careful because the 2012's still have the piston ringland issues I believe.
true, i might've wanted to see how the next gen wrx/sti would have performed
Old Jan 8, 2012, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

I actually was going to buy a Subbie until my friend had the ringland issue...now my X has the chain stretch issue, but is being repaired under warranty. Kind of miss my bullet proof Honda lol
Old Jan 8, 2012, 02:32 PM

funny I went a similar (failed route). Had an 05 Mitsu RS 330whp and sold it for an 08 STI, worst mistake in cars I made. I wanted a smoother ride and rather then putting the stock springs back on my EVO, I traded it in for a Slowbaru which I knew rode smoother, its did but getting power out of it was a head ache and expensive. If you can be ok with how they run stock, then you'll like them, very nice cars but modding them is going to boggle your mind.

Owning both I honestly think the STI is a better driving car: Smoother hitting power, softer ride, less motor noise ect but you want power, not even close and I now bought an Evo X, still stock and a much improved car over my 05 RS when it was stock.

another report as I start modding, TBE next week for a start
Old Jan 8, 2012, 02:34 PM

Ringland issue is mostly a STi only problem. Shouldn't have to worry about it with your WRX.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by MaximumYin
Ringland issue is mostly a STi only problem. Shouldn't have to worry about it with your WRX.
This. I traded in my '11 STi sedan for an Evo X because of the possible ringland failure. For my intents & purposes with the car (street car not modding), I think I was better off in getting a WRX wagon. WRX is definitely a better buy than the GR STi. Good luck!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 240 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by MaximumYin
it might just be that you hear of it more from sti's, since they're the ones pushing the motor more. my friend with a wrx had the issue.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
Sorry to see you sell your Evo. Will you be modding the Subi? I know that Subis have their own issues when modding. In any event, the WRX is a nice car and has lots of potential. Best wishes on your new ride!

No real plans yet fo modding but I was close to buying the STI till guy at subaru told me it wasn't worth it...even if you get extra HP... thats why I choose to order the limited..now just have to wait 4-6 weeks.

-B

We also traded the BMW 325i in that had 82,000 and go this:

Last edited by bluepeartype-s; Jan 9, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 07:37 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Leave that Subie closer to stock or just do tune + exhaust. If you upgrade the snail, you'll be pining for your old Evo's problems. EJ257s aren't made to go fast without tons of money invested and breakage along the way. Not a good FI engine at all.

Quick Reply: Sold the Evo X..