Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Who's running their Evo X nearly stock and loving it?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had my Evo 8 for 7+ years completely stock and it's been incredibly reliable and i'll keep it until it can't run no more. I bought Evo X about a year ago and will keep this one stock as well, for as long as it runs. I drive them both daily and between the 2 of them, the mileage will accrue veeery slowly. The only "mods" on them are RA flaps.

I have too many other expensive hobbies and just don't feel like opening the modding money pit haha. I like the idea of doing the most with stock performance.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:58 PM

I'm keeping mine stock down to the badges (no debadge). lol Since everyone is modding their Evo, it will be rare to see a 100% stock Evo. This is so I can sell at top dollar.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

I have a evo 9 thats somewhat extreme. Larger turbo, wheels, titanium exhaust...

For my Evo X, I am doing simple cheap mods. Normally 1-2 mods per month.

Just installed a Podi D gauge (dual guage, afr and boost), next step is tractix cable for tuning.

For some reason my Evo X doesn't feel under powered at all. I remember my Evo 9 when using stock turbo, always felt under powered .
Old Jan 25, 2012, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I plan on keeping mine bone stock if my dealer can get me the Aero kit.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

stock evo here as long as I can.

had 4 different modded cars and I am getting tired of wrenching.

although the only mod I would love on this car is a taller 5th gear or 6th gear for long cruises.. Although its kept me out of trouble since i cruise around at 65-70mph since the audible is similar to my old MSP3 lol
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm more of mod the driver type of guy but i do need some power mods to keep up with those E92 M3's at the track, thats all i want in terms of power, 300WHP should do. And i want 100% reliably at the track as well.

-Cobb AP
-Samco turbo inlet
-Works drop in
-Single exit exhaust
-UICP
-Protune

Thats it and ill be a happy camper!!!!!
-
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:46 AM

I've had my '08 GSR for over 2 years now and all it has is RA flaps, a catback, and cosworth filter. I like it but it is only stock because i can't afford to do anything to it. When i have the money i would like to do a turbo back, intake and get it tuned. I will be happy with that.

I just moved from Nevada to Florida and once we got into Texas where they have 93 (91 in Nv) we were getting 30mpg at 80 mph. It got 3 mpg better on 93! The power difference is noticable which is crazy to me. 91 sucks!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Welcome to Florida! What city?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:04 AM
Sev
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kiteboarder
Haha> Excluding aesthetics? Nah man, get over it. I wouldn't even be considering an Evo if the X didn't exist. I'd think I was driving my very first Mirage. O.o You've got the best looking Evo there is so far.

No offense to pre X Evo owners. I respect the car, just prefer the X looks.
I didn't mean it like that, haha. I meant stock minus my cosmetic mods.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:13 AM

I'm pretty stock with just a shift knob, k&n panel filter and RA mudflaps and all season tires. I enjoy it as it is for now.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 04:19 PM

Pretty much stock here as well! Minus the exhaust, coils, wheels, tune, and filter. Lovin' it. Oh and no tints ftw
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:51 PM

I don't know if you consider bolt-ons near stock but I'm really happy so far. Trying to stay on the stock turbo for awhile...
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by stubs179
I've had my '08 GSR for over 2 years now and all it has is RA flaps, a catback, and cosworth filter. I like it but it is only stock because i can't afford to do anything to it. When i have the money i would like to do a turbo back, intake and get it tuned. I will be happy with that.

I just moved from Nevada to Florida and once we got into Texas where they have 93 (91 in Nv) we were getting 30mpg at 80 mph. It got 3 mpg better on 93! The power difference is noticable which is crazy to me. 91 sucks!
Damn, 30mpg is pretty good. I have only managed to get 22mpg on 93 (all highway). Probably because of the SST transmission?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stubs179

maybe because my car is new..

I am barely getting 24mpg driving at 70mph
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FastAttack
maybe because my car is new..

I am barely getting 24mpg driving at 70mph

That shouldn't really make a difference....

It is because the 10'+ have a leaned out tune stock, where the 08's had a pig rich tune, which is the reason behind their poor mileage.

If I drive normal, I can get like 22-23mpg on the highway. I usually average like 17-18, with pretty aggressive driving.

Quick Reply: Who's running their Evo X nearly stock and loving it?