Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Who's running their Evo X nearly stock and loving it?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:14 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
My car runs and drives like nearly stock but has 600hp....I love it!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think my stock evo x is boring very reliable though.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey all you guys with 2011 stock gsr's, my car is fully stock and when i hit it or start to spool the turbo, starting around 3k rpm if i have my radio off i can hear it spooling. Is this normal? Do you guys also hear it when you have the radio off? Its not crazy loud but the spool noise is there, just want to make sure its normal and not anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks,

-PAt
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:57 AM

my X is basically stock except, for a cb (just needed that little growl) and dropped springs and i dont mind. The show mod bug bit me 1st few months i bought the car gud thing i was able to shake it off. but i am starting to get curious of what it feels like to have at least 400 whp dd...
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by jestoy7
Welcome to Florida! What city?
Gainesville. We are liking it a lot so far.

Originally Posted by HAHAV8
That shouldn't really make a difference....

It is because the 10'+ have a leaned out tune stock, where the 08's had a pig rich tune, which is the reason behind their poor mileage.

If I drive normal, I can get like 22-23mpg on the highway. I usually average like 17-18, with pretty aggressive driving.
?

I have an '08. I gained 2 to 3 mph on the highway with the Cosworth filter. I can not say enough about how great the filter is. It is expensive for a one time use filter but what isn't expensive on these cars?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stubs179

?

I have an '08. I gained 2 to 3 mph on the highway with the Cosworth filter. I can not say enough about how great the filter is. It is expensive for a one time use filter but what isn't expensive on these cars?
Yes, because you may have leaned out your AFR with the filter, causing better gas mileage.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

I got a 2010 SE and its pretty much stock besides the Works Drop-In air filter . I love it! Thinking about getting a access port soon.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

2011 bone stock GSR.

In spring, I plan on doing a custom axle back (slightly more sound) and a drop in. No big plans, the whole reason I sold my VIII for the X was to get into a reliable car with a warranty.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Buguy
hey all you guys with 2011 stock gsr's, my car is fully stock and when i hit it or start to spool the turbo, starting around 3k rpm if i have my radio off i can hear it spooling. Is this normal? Do you guys also hear it when you have the radio off? Its not crazy loud but the spool noise is there, just want to make sure its normal and not anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks,

-PAt

Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:22 PM

100% bone-stock SE with 25k miles on it and plan on keeping it that way. Just bought a bike and figure the amount of fun I will have with the bike will be WAY more fun than $9k in mods to the X. Plus the X is my first car, so it's more than enough for me. I shared a Grand Prix with my mom before, so anything is going to be quicker than that lol.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:43 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by stubs179

?

I use a washable HKS panel intake, $50 bucks, works fine
I'm tuned to E85 and get 22mpg :bowdown:
Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Buguy

Thanks,

-PAt
Wait till you get an intake.. that sound gets MUCH louder
Old Jan 29, 2012, 04:01 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I kept my EVO 8 stock for 4 years, she was the most dependable car I ever owned before the mods. Also she was fun as hell always looked forward to driving her.
After the mods started she would get sick often, now sometimes months go by, over 11 months before too. Ways worried now like what the hell was that noise, or why did she just act strange all that ****.
But I'm glad I own her and proud of her like hell!!!
My two other 2010 EVO MR's are 100% stock, one has 43k miles the other 32k miles.
Never had a service issue with the MR's too!

Last edited by MR. EVO MR; Jan 29, 2012 at 04:04 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 08:33 AM

I have only the Cobb AP and love it. It's enough because I need reliability, to pass inspections, etc

I don't consider even stage 1 Cobb "stock" though. That's a real stretch imo.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 03:07 PM

I got a drop in K&N. That's it. Love my car. Would love love to do stuff to the car, but the germans restrict performance parts on cars worse than california. Everything has to be approved through them. Then they have to test it for HP, decibels, and emissions. You fail any of it and you are screwed. You can't go over an added 25% hp gain. Decibels can't be more than 2 decibels higher than stock. You have to stay at same emissions level as the car is at stock performance. /sigh Sometimes I hate living over here, But I got the Ring and the Autobahn.

Quick Reply: Who's running their Evo X nearly stock and loving it?