Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Who's running their Evo X nearly stock and loving it?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't plan on doing a single mod besides wheels in the future. I have my race car/headache sitting in my drive way next to the evo
Old Jan 30, 2012, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by lilEvoX
I got a drop in K&N. That's it. Love my car. Would love love to do stuff to the car, but the germans restrict performance parts on cars worse than california. Everything has to be approved through them. Then they have to test it for HP, decibels, and emissions. You fail any of it and you are screwed. You can't go over an added 25% hp gain. Decibels can't be more than 2 decibels higher than stock. You have to stay at same emissions level as the car is at stock performance. /sigh Sometimes I hate living over here, But I got the Ring and the Autobahn.
Very interesting on German regulations... I have spent more than a 3rd of my time working in Cologne/Kerpen over the last 3 years or so, and never realized that they were so restrictive on modding.

Assume you can still tune the ECU and swap back for inspections... or use a Cobb AP?

BTW... very jealous of your access to the Nordschleife. I have taken a rental car out on the track (Audi A4 Avant) for a couple of laps. It was a good time, but could only imagine running my Evo out there.

Do you ever get over to Shumacher's Kart Center?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by bravo-x
Very interesting on German regulations... I have spent more than a 3rd of my time working in Cologne/Kerpen over the last 3 years or so, and never realized that they were so restrictive on modding.

Assume you can still tune the ECU and swap back for inspections... or use a Cobb AP?

BTW... very jealous of your access to the Nordschleife. I have taken a rental car out on the track (Audi A4 Avant) for a couple of laps. It was a good time, but could only imagine running my Evo out there.

Do you ever get over to Shumacher's Kart Center?
I've been karting over here (big difference from the states), but never been to Shumacher"s. They take karting over here very serious. It's a stepping stone to the big leagues.

I could run an accessport or ECU tune and no one would ever know. It's the one thing they don't check. I could also build up the motor, and unless they had 2 sitting side by side they would never know I did anything.

My brother-in-law's R34 was sitting at around 700hp when he bought it in the UK and imported it to germany. It didn't pass TUV and is now sitting at 450hp. It's still a fun car, but it was sooooooooo much more fun when it first got driven off the ship in bremerhaven.

I do plan on modding eventually. Just wanna save some money and get everything done at once since I have to pay for the approval process and the testing they do.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 01:52 AM

WHEN I get an Evo, I will keep it stock and I will Love it!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:23 AM

Mine is stock, though I would love to modify it (hard to justify modifications to my wife). It's my daily driver and due to the nature of my work I travel all over the joint for work. I have had no mechanical issues at all; just need to keep it clean and the fluids changed.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Scary109
I don't plan on doing a single mod besides wheels in the future. I have my race car/headache sitting in my drive way next to the evo
Same here. Buuut, I'm getting the itch to tweak it. Nothing crazy. Turbo back exhaust, intake, springs/shocks. I am starting to put her on a diet.
The race car gets all the goodies first.

Last edited by kadunkadunk; Mar 15, 2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: race car add
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:23 PM

My evo X is stock except for the Cobb AP tune, rally armor mud flaps and weather tech floor mats.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:18 AM

Mine is stock down to the nasty pleather shift boot. Not even debadged. Only thing changed is gas, oil, & relay.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:08 AM

Just got a brand new WW GSR few weeks ago and will stay stock (at least for a while since it is a DD and don't want to mess with the warranty). Not a big fan of big wing in a back though (perhaps I'm getting old) so that might be the only mod I'll do in the first year... Other than that, loving the car.

Kris
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iLuveKetchup
Mine is stock down to the nasty pleather shift boot. Not even debadged. Only thing changed is gas, oil, & relay.
Your sig says your X is for sale?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Was contemplating keeping mine stock as well...just got my gsr 2 weeks ago and I just switched out the wheels...Prob everything is going to be cosmetic (mebe new hu, tints, and springs...but I guess I'll ride it out...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:31 PM

2 weeks stock, 1100 miles, I'm content for now.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:19 PM

When I get my MR it's going to stay stock, only thing that is calling out to me for a change is the front...seems like Do Luck and other people make nice add-ons to the face of the car...
Old Mar 31, 2012, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock for a while. Only thing I have in mind is a new shift boot, a K&N drop in filter, and replacing the center console area with the piano black cubbies.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Said I was going to keep it stock to "maintain the warranty". 2 weeks later had a cat-back, ETS intake and ETS UICP lol. Getting tuned soon. These cars are just way too much more fun with bolt-ons.

Quick Reply: Who's running their Evo X nearly stock and loving it?