Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Just got a 2011 GSR!! Help out please :)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got a 2011 GSR!! Help out please :)

Hey guys I just bought the graphite grey evo x from oak lawn mazda, had 900 miles on it and was wondering if anyone knows the story behind this car? Previous owner had it for a month.
They told me that he came and traded it in for a 2011 white m3 his dad paid it for him but I don't know how realistic of a story that is, but they did show me the white m3 he got they still had it in their website inventory.

So I got the car, and the car had HID's put in, other than that it was bone stock. Second I pulled off the lot the left hid flickered and went out so I went right back and they said they'd order a brand new HID kit for me so that was cool.Later that night I noticed my headlights both were kind of fogged up, but today it went away..that seems like an issue that could re-appear though so I will bring it up to them when they change my hid's.

Also today I looked back and noticed the C-pillars werent clipped in all the way, both of them were sort of unclipped but I just pushed them right back in, that simply just seemed like the guys who detailed the car went really thoroughly and cleaned it lol because I didn't see those C-pillars unclipped when I test drove it.

Other than that car drives and runs like its new just those little issues and I just wanted to know if anyone knows why the guy actually got rid of it, tried to find his phone number off of carfax report but they didnt have it there :/

This is the car:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

UPDATE: They changed the HID's and put in the stock lights and the headlights work perfect now and no longer fog on the inside either! I guess the HID was ****ty and didn't create a good seal between the bulb and headlight!

Also for those wondering I got the car for 32k wihtout tax title or registration and the car had 900 miles, good deal?

Thanks guys

-Pat
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
you're not gonna like hearing this, but you could have gotten a brand new one for that much... I paid 35k out the door for mine (including tax, title, etc.)
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Quite true, though in my area (chicago) evos are quite rare at dealerships like mitsubishi they need to ship them in therefore they never want to negotiate the price much for a brand new car that you clearly want since you are ordering it usually they'll give you like 500 or so off IF that. New evo X's here go for 35k just a base model gsr it was one of my options so yea I do understand what you mean.

-Pat
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Also guys, my car is completely stock and I still hear the car spooling and the turbo is quite loud kind of is this common?

Thanks so much for the help guys! You're all like my home away from home now! (NASIOC)

-Pat
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
If you have the stock intake the spool sound should be near silent... I had a cosworth drop in on mine and even then you still really have to listen for it
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

With my radio on I barely can hear it, but radio off I can definitely pick up the sound right at about 3k right away.

-Pat
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2011 and don't really hear the turbo spooling. My MR2 is another story since the motor sits behind me. You might have an aftermarket intake.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ademarco
I have a 2011 and don't really hear the turbo spooling. My MR2 is another story since the motor sits behind me. You might have an aftermarket intake.
+1

Post a pic of the engine bay so we can see if you have a modified intake.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

kk ill try to make a video for you guys tomorrow too!

-Pat
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:01 AM

I would post pictures as well. Could very well be some type of aftermarket set up.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Cool. Im planning on going to IL too find some evos too since MN doesnt have any new ones.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys sorry for the long wait, been workin.

Anyway now Im becoming more and more disappointed with this thing and feelin' like i shouldn't have sold the subaru...

-Windows rolled down and radio off this "hiss" is very noticable
-1st gear to 2nd gear and 2nd gear to 3rd gear is a nightmare when im driving normally, all notchy and grindy.

I tried to get as good a video as I could and here are some pictures of the engine bay:

Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...127_161343.mp4

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...127_155455.mp4
Old Jan 31, 2012, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
looks all stock to me
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

i just got in touch with the previous owner who traded it to the dealership! He said the only thing he ever did to the car was hid's and tints, the reason why he traded it in was that he really wanted an m3 but settled for an evo x, then an m3 popped up so he traded it for that!

And apparently i guess that stockish spool noise is supposed to happen, went in to the dealer today and they said all good!

The transmission is really pissing me off though...something needs to change with this damn tranny..

Quick Reply: Just got a 2011 GSR!! Help out please :)