Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X Recaros not too good?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012 | 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Lift instead of Slide works, seats look good and my *** gets a nice work-out. Plus chicks dig dudes with nice asses.
Old Feb 2, 2012 | 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

hmmm. I'm at 30k, no major issues, actually one of my favorite things about the car is the seats. I love them. The leather seats in the MR are even nicer. The only issue that I had heard of folks complaining about was the cloth pulling away from the inserts on the upper portion of the seat, I haven't had any issues with this either. knock on wood.
Old Feb 2, 2012 | 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the lift vs slide trick! Leather Recaros are one of my favorite parts of my Evo (wife loves they are heated, too). We have a wedding 2.5 hours away next weekend and we will see how comfy it is on the roadtrip.
Old Feb 2, 2012 | 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Go back I the dealer! They should replace
Old Feb 3, 2012 | 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1BAD4DR
Only problem i have with my recaros is I fell like my nuts get squished. Serious though and i only weigh 168. Anyone else have this problem?
hahaha you're not the only one. i have to adjust my nuts lift em up so im not sitting on em with my legs smashing em. I'm standard size, 6' 200 lb.

I've also noticed that a lot of my passengers struggle i'm lucky and have the steering wheel to grab, rotate my legs over the bolster and pull my self over the bolster out of the seat after both legs are out the car... passenger not so lucky...I've also got a brand new scratch right through the paint due to a SHORT attractive *blonde*getting out of the car and not getting her heel past the ground effects, put a scratch right down it as she got out
Old Feb 3, 2012 | 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

What should I tell the dealer? The seats just wore out too quick?

-Pat
Old Feb 3, 2012 | 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

The seats bugged me the first couple of times in the car but now I know to adjust the sack as I am getting in.
Originally Posted by SavageGSR
..I've also got a brand new scratch right through the paint due to a SHORT attractive *blonde*getting out of the car and not getting her heel past the ground effects, put a scratch right down it as she got out
at least she was attractive! I am looking for something to protect that area as well, it looks very vulnerable.
Old Feb 3, 2012 | 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SavageGSR
I've also got a brand new scratch right through the paint due to a SHORT attractive *blonde*getting out of the car and not getting her heel past the ground effects, put a scratch right down it as she got out

i feel you man. that's why i never go out with a girl on my evo. and besides, they think it's just a regular car. you know girls, they only recognize bimmers and benzes. but me, i use my hybrid when going out on a date. LAME.
Old Feb 3, 2012 | 04:25 PM

its probably the way you get into and out of the car and the way you sit. some people push the floor mats all the way up to the gas pedal. like wtf?
Old Feb 3, 2012 | 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

The tighter a seat hugs you the more friction there is going to be; friction leads to wear. 31k miles here and you can tell the seats have been sat in, but they still look good.
Old Feb 3, 2012 | 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

My seats are looking good still. I do plan on getting aftermarket leather through Mitsubishi
Old Feb 4, 2012 | 10:57 AM

I'm at 20K and it's still all good :-)
Old Feb 4, 2012 | 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
The tighter a seat hugs you the more friction there is going to be; friction leads to wear. 31k miles here and you can tell the seats have been sat in, but they still look good.
If you move around less how are you creating more friction, I understand they have more grip but that will not cause more wear. Sliding around would cause more wear to the seats than being planted in the same spot.
Old Feb 4, 2012 | 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvilRob
If you move around less how are you creating more friction, I understand they have more grip but that will not cause more wear. Sliding around would cause more wear to the seats than being planted in the same spot.
Originally Posted by Kracka
You're both right. Friction is what holds you still. When you don't move it means there was more friction (greater static friction). It means the seat has a higher coefficient of friction and when you do move, it's going to cause more damage to the seat.
Old Feb 4, 2012 | 10:20 PM

Had my evo for 10k miles and not much on mine

Quick Reply: Evo X Recaros not too good?