Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Exterior Package VS. Aero Kit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exterior Package VS. Aero Kit

Hello everyone,

Quick question, the exterior package offered on 2012 Evo's include the rear corner air dams, and front air dams. I've tried looking at pictures of what in the world front air dams looks like. Every picture I've seen of this package on the car looks like a normal Evo without the Aero Kit front lip (minus the rear corner air dams, those are easy to spot).

Here's a quick reference site:

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catal...ction=601#1697

Towards the bottom it lists the parts for the front side and rear corner air dams.

Is the front air dam just the aero kit front lip? I'm trying to decide which package I would rather go with, Aero or Exterior.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought a 2012 WW GSR w/ SS + LED. They had a 2012 WW GSR with exterior only. I wanted the SS, so I went with that one instead, but I did get to check out the exterior package. To answer your question the lip is the old Aero lip. With the 2012 you cannot pick the Aero package any more, but the exterior package is the same body kit just renamed. Basically the exterior kit is the aero lip, bigger side skirts (they are flatter and a bit wider), and the rear corner pieces as you said.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 03:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see, that makes more sense I guess. I figured they just renamed the package. I just find it interesting that the aero kit option on a 2011 costs much less than the exterior package on a 2012.

Looks like I'll be going for SS and exterior.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just had to figure all this out as well when ordering my 2012...confusing stuff
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpardaVR4
I see, that makes more sense I guess. I figured they just renamed the package. I just find it interesting that the aero kit option on a 2011 costs much less than the exterior package on a 2012.

Looks like I'll be going for SS and exterior.
Haha they always do this. In Canada they have the handling package for the GSR which is the BBS rims, Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs, 2-piece front rotors, and the big spoiler. They charge $3000 extra for that package, but try buying those parts individually from the dealer.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Any pictures of the LED option? Where are the LED's? Rear lights? Front corners? Im intrigued!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by bmxking45
Any pictures of the LED option? Where are the LED's? Rear lights? Front corners? Im intrigued!
I'll take some pictures of the LED package and post them up here later, but essentially it is only the interior LED package. Blue LED's over the pedals and passenger floorboard + white LED's for the mirror and dome lights. (read: not worth the $$ IMO). The GSR I got was on the lot with SS + the LED so I went with it, but you could easily achieve the same for less getting your own LED replacement bulbs. The LED's that they put in are triple LED bars for each location and are very nice don't get me wrong, just not worth the $$ from the dealer I don't think.

Also, I too was hoping they would have at least included LED DRL's (1156) and license plate lights (T10 Wedge LED lights), but they do not. I just picked up those myself from ledlight.com last night to complete the look on my own.