Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Power Goals for my 11' GSR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think im going to do the ETS intake and ETS v2 exhaust with an ams widemouth downpipe what do you guys think? I don't want the extreme version of the ets exhaust though because I don't see the logic in paying 900 dollars for realistically just a straight pipe.

-Pat
Old Feb 5, 2012, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got a 2008 GSR, thanks for all the good info
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:49 AM
T6
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Buguy
looks like billy may's setup is ideal for what im looking for! however, something like that wont be happening until my warranty goes out so i guess back to the question about best bang for the buck for simple bolt ons and what type of power gain can i expect :/

-Pat
Anything you add as an aftermarket can void out your warranty. Well, there is no "void warranty" its more of a denying warranty work. I really am not going to be talking about the possible situations of what could happen as no matter the result it will be a giant PITA in case the dealer or MMNA say that we will not cover this with warranty.

The simplest thing you can do is get yourself an Accessport and do Stage 1. Meaning you wont even touch any part but the tune of the car. If you want a little more kick than that do:

Intake - TBE (downpipe, testpipe and catback), boost controller (grimmspeed 3 port) and then a tune. On dynojet this will give you between 300-320whp on 93. On mustang it will give you about 290-310 whp.

In all honesty, if you want to hit 400 you will need to get yourself a turbo and mods that will support that turbo.

Last edited by T6; Feb 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Buguy
I think im going to do the ETS intake and ETS v2 exhaust with an ams widemouth downpipe what do you guys think? I don't want the extreme version of the ets exhaust though because I don't see the logic in paying 900 dollars for realistically just a straight pipe.

-Pat
Call Michael @ ETS and ask him to work with you on pricing. He'll give you a great deal, no sense mixing vendors, just go for the ETS down pipe as well. I would also suggest either a high flow cat, or the test pipe as well, that's where I got most of my gains. You should compare vendors on these just so you can see what I mean here; ETS uses a superb design that actually has good clearance around the driveshaft. Others just use a cheap straight pipe with very little clearance.

I went full ETS because Michael and Chris will bend over backwards to take care of you.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

linkbeat is giving good advice. ETS has a great rep with customer service and steering people in a good direction.

I 100% disagree with T6 though.
Originally Posted by T6
Anything you add as an aftermarket can void out your warranty. Well, there is no "void warranty" its more of a denying warranty work.
I agree that MMNA and their dealers are a pain in the *** to deal with and most will step over the line on what they can and can't legally do, but most customers won't spend the additional money to lawyer up and fight them.

But, if you put a drop in filter in your car, they CAN NOT void your powertrain warranty, or Deny warranty work unless it can be shown that the different filter actually caused the problem.

If you have the AEM intake, with it's C.A.R.B. sticker on it, they CAN NOT void your warranty. If you have a Cat-Back exhaust, they CAN NOT void your warranty. They can refuse to cover those aftermarket parts during your warranty period. They also can suspect abuse of the vehicle or Driver Mod idiocracy based on seeing those parts...but if you do a tune or a ditch your cat-converter, those WILL definitely void warranty coverages.

You can do bolt-ons without a tune, it's not the best idea, but with how rich the X's are it's relatively safe, and you can get a little bit of power out of it. The best thing you can do (bolt-ons or even just stock) is a tune, but that's a warranty voider. Pay to play.

I still stand by my previous post to keep the possibility of staying warranty friendly, yet getting something out of your time is a drop-in filter, intercooler pipes, and a cat-back. I would suggest a tune even though that's the point were you are definitely crossing a line, with the little mods you're well under the levels the 4B11 has been tested to hold together quite well unless you're doing something stupid. Yet, you'll probably put yourself around 320awhp (dynojet)
Old Feb 6, 2012, 08:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by T6
Had to be 100 octane or e85 to get that high with just an ef2 and thats still iffy. and a big maybe with a dynojet.
I made 467whp Dynojet on E85 in my personal car sir
Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by linkbeat
Call Michael @ ETS and ask him to work with you on pricing. He'll give you a great deal, no sense mixing vendors, just go for the ETS down pipe as well. I would also suggest either a high flow cat, or the test pipe as well, that's where I got most of my gains. You should compare vendors on these just so you can see what I mean here; ETS uses a superb design that actually has good clearance around the driveshaft. Others just use a cheap straight pipe with very little clearance.

I went full ETS because Michael and Chris will bend over backwards to take care of you.
Thanks Larry!

If you need anything or a price quote just let me know. We can also help you with a bolt on turbo upgrade if needed. We sell the MAP performance turbochargers and ETS offers a complete line of bolt on parts for your Evo X.

Stock turbo, it's common to see around 380-390 on a dynojet using all of our bolt ons.

Thanks!

Michael
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Michael! Literally just got off the phone with you, looks like ETS will be my choice of parts!

-Pat
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
No problem! Thanks for calling in
Old Feb 6, 2012, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Reading Michael's sig, I read "Pho:" ...and I'm hungry, and now I want Pho :-/
Old Feb 6, 2012, 01:53 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
I made 467whp Dynojet on E85 in my personal car sir
E85 and Dynojet! I dont feel so stupid now that I guessed it lol.

ps: I love my ef2
Old Feb 6, 2012, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Karr1008
Nice numbers. Was it on 92 octane?

Yes sir pump gas from my local 7-11

I am also aiming to make at least 450 awhp with whatever mods are needed to achieve this but, I want to look and sound stock. In other words, I want my exhaust to be quiet as possible... A sleeper X

Subscribed.
Originally Posted by tehSteve
logs?
My car the single ets exhaust so a little buzzy and loud. I did have the ETS quiet exhaust system and it sounded just a little loader than stock but not much. I wanted loader so went single.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by T6
EF2 can produce up to 450 Whp. (e85/race gas)
Are u referring to on crank or on wheel power
Old Feb 7, 2012, 08:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wheel horsepower