Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Nights like this make me smile in the Evo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nights like this make me smile in the Evo

**there is no street racing of any kind here... Private property/parking lot** before people start losing their minds over that

How people store these away for the winter is beyond me... For that extra $2,000 you can get over the next person who drove theirs all winter, I will gladly take that loss for this fun
Sorry for the excellent iPhone video quality.. It was a spur of the moment video and I don't carry around my good camera. Maybe tonight if there is still snow I will have some fun in the R8 with a better quality camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6gffy2N_eM

Last edited by Freebs; Feb 14, 2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Well I'm sure it was more fun driving than watch the vid.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoStig
Well I'm sure it was more fun driving than watch the vid.
haha I know I know... I guess I could have done it as an exhaust review for people wondering what the Perrin exhaust sounds like???
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

lol what brand calculator did you record it with!?

hehe, looks like you had a blast.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Freebs
**there is no street racing of any kind here... Private property/parking lot** before people start losing their minds over that
I'm not losing my mind over this, but people should be aware that in most states most traffic laws apply to so-called "private" parking lots, as long as they are accessible to the public. For example, if the above was done in a mall's parking lot in Iowa, then it's reckless driving. Be sure to read up on your state's laws before going and doing donuts on "private" property.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
For example, if the above was done in a mall's parking lot in Iowa, then it's reckless driving. Be sure to read up on your state's laws before going and doing donuts on "private" property.
Have you ever pulled into an empty snowy parking lot and became a drift king for a little while? If not, get out and live a little, its fun

"I live my life one snowy parking lot at a time, for those 15 minutes or till the cops show up...I'm free"
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:44 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

For example, if the above was done in a mall's parking lot in Iowa, then it's reckless driving. Be sure to read up on your state's laws before going and doing donuts on "private" property.
So it's best to just stop traffic and do donuts in the middle of an intersection, since it carries the same punishment?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AWD96
Have you ever pulled into an empty snowy parking lot and became a drift king for a little while? If not, get out and live a little, its fun

"I live my life one snowy parking lot at a time, for those 15 minutes or till the cops show up...I'm free"

Originally Posted by AFD
So it's best to just stop traffic and do donuts in the middle of an intersection, since it carries the same punishment?
I don't think thats what he is saying, lol . But to an extent he is correct. It is still illegal to go into a public parking lot and do that.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not losing my mind over this, but people should be aware that in most states most traffic laws apply to so-called "private" parking lots, as long as they are accessible to the public. For example, if the above was done in a mall's parking lot in Iowa, then it's reckless driving. Be sure to read up on your state's laws before going and doing donuts on "private" property.
Well this is done in Canada but I am sure the laws are still the same... But when the parking lot/Private property is owned by the family, it does change things.

hahahahah I love it! I hope you dont mind me using it as my caption on Youtube...

Last edited by Freebs; Feb 14, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Freebs
hahahahah I love it! I hope you dont mind me using it as my caption on Youtube...

Use away sir! I was hoping it'd end up in someones sig or as a caption haha

*BTW..The Perrin sounds great
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Private note to self: don't try to warn people about traffic laws; just buy their cars and sleep with their women while they serve their time.

[damned unfreezing process...]
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the guy whose family owns the parking lot and who owns all of this:

The Garage
- 2010 Audi R8 V10
- 2009 Chevy Tahoe - the work horse
- 2008 Evo MR - 337whp & 305wtq @24psi on 92, COBB Surgeline Tuned
- 2007 Z06 with Lingenfelter 800hp Twin Turbo kit
- 2006 Yamaha R6 - stock
- 2002 WS6 Trans Am - bolt-ons, 400whp
- 2002 Sunfire - TwinCharged (turbo into roots supercharger) 420whp
- 1987 Buick GNX #200 600whp

simply can't understand why anyone would be so silly as to garage their evo for the winter...

here's a clue, genius: most people don't have spare Evos lying around.

Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wjamyers
the guy whose family owns the parking lot and who owns all of this:

The Garage
- 2010 Audi R8 V10
- 2009 Chevy Tahoe - the work horse
- 2008 Evo MR - 337whp & 305wtq @24psi on 92, COBB Surgeline Tuned
- 2007 Z06 with Lingenfelter 800hp Twin Turbo kit
- 2006 Yamaha R6 - stock
- 2002 WS6 Trans Am - bolt-ons, 400whp
- 2002 Sunfire - TwinCharged (turbo into roots supercharger) 420whp
- 1987 Buick GNX #200 600whp

simply can't understand why anyone would be so silly as to garage their evo for the winter...

here's a clue, genius: most people don't have spare Evos lying around.

Spare Evos laying around? I have 1 vehicle? the rest are partens/sisters/girl friends... It just seems dumb to me why you would park an AWD vehicle, with a snow mode!, during the winter... it sure as hell isn't going to go up in value and like I said you might be able to get another $2,000 for it over someone who enjoyed it all year round. It is the same reason my dad drives his R8 all year in the snow, it really is just a car. Yes for some it may be a dream car, but than for some an Evo is dream car too...

I would rather enjoy the Evo while I am making payments on it, rather than driving a crapy car for the winter months while still paying for the Evo....

Private note to self: don't try to warn people about traffic laws; just buy their cars and sleep with their women while they serve their time.

[damned unfreezing process...]
I am not arguing about it, I know it would be against the law if it was in a random parking lot, just saying in this case it is a bit different.

We had this issue when my dads buddy invited a bunch of people over to his parking lot/building for a BBQ and had an area set up for a burn out competition. Cops showed up and tried to give tickets out and it was very short lived when he informed the Cops that he owned that area and there was really nothing they could do. They just said we could not carry on past I think 10:00 or we could get a noise violation.

Last edited by Freebs; Feb 14, 2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Use away sir! I was hoping it'd end up in someones sig or as a caption haha

*BTW..The Perrin sounds great
lol done and done with the sig quote
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to see you had fun... we haven't had much snow in Toronto... but the times we have had snow built up... I definitely went for a drift session myself...

Quick Reply: Nights like this make me smile in the Evo