Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Most attractive package for resale

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most attractive package for resale

Hi all,

I am currently in the market for my first EVO. I'm specifically looking at an MR w/ a Touring package (it was a compromise w/ my wife since she does not like driving a manual). I am currently looking for an MR in Octane Blue w/ Touring package. A couple of sales people have told me that the Octane Blue is rare and was not suppose to be used for the MR until the movie Haywire came out? Is this true? Also, more importantly, if I was ever to sale this car, do you guys think a fully loaded one would have more appeal to a broader range of consumers than one w/ just the Touring package? I tried searching for "resale package", "resale attractiveness", etc, but no luck. Any inputs would be appreciated.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can order a car in the blue if you want. they have offered it for a while as far as i know, so they lied. Some people will be into the fully loaded, some will have other wishes, it goes by the person.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:12 AM

I think resale will really come down to mods and mileage. At least for me personally I wouldn't car so much if something was fully loaded vs not but more so if it was stock.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

First thing to do here:

Look for another Dealership. If that salesman told you that Octane blue was first sold after the movie haywire came out, hes lying to you right then in there. Also, most people that get
Evo X's get them with the SSS package, i believe on the 2012 they have changed it to only Sight and Sound which includes:

HID headlights with manual leveling
710-Watt (max.), Rockford Fosgate® punch premium sound system w/ 9-speakers including 10" subwooferr
6CD/MP3 in-Dash audio head unit
SiriusXM™ satellite radio w/ 3 Month service provided by SiriusXM™ from date of sale
Fast-Key entry system.

Getting an Evolution x fully loaded will most likely not raise the re-sale value. I suggest if you are getting an MR to get it with the SS package and no Nav - you can get a superior one for half the price.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Wildcat Birdie
you can order a car in the blue if you want. they have offered it for a while as far as i know, so they lied. Some people will be into the fully loaded, some will have other wishes, it goes by the person.
yeah, I was trying to be patient and getting the one that I liked...and I, also, could have sworn that Octane Blue was out before the Haywire movie.

Originally Posted by lbaron
I think resale will really come down to mods and mileage. At least for me personally I wouldn't car so much if something was fully loaded vs not but more so if it was stock.
I agree. From my perspective, a stock car would be more attractive just because I wouldn't have to worry about someone doing a "hack job" w/ their mods, being driven hard, etc.

Originally Posted by Evostare
First thing to do here:

Look for another Dealership. If that salesman told you that Octane blue was first sold after the movie haywire came out, hes lying to you right then in there. Also, most people that get
Evo X's get them with the SSS package, i believe on the 2012 they have changed it to only Sight and Sound which includes:

HID headlights with manual leveling
710-Watt (max.), Rockford Fosgate® punch premium sound system w/ 9-speakers including 10" subwooferr
6CD/MP3 in-Dash audio head unit
SiriusXM™ satellite radio w/ 3 Month service provided by SiriusXM™ from date of sale
Fast-Key entry system.

Getting an Evolution x fully loaded will most likely not raise the re-sale value. I suggest if you are getting an MR to get it with the SS package and no Nav - you can get a superior one for half the price.
I was just planning on getting the MR w/ Touring (don't really need a navi for the car). From what I could tell, most would worry more about how and if the car was modded as a selling point, but every little advantage does help nowadays.

Thanks for the inputs guys.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

one thing to remember though, a lot of the times, salesmen dont know crap about the cars they are selling
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:22 AM

Packages don't matter much to people, but for resale having a stock Evo will sell the fastest for the most money usually. Go stock for as long as possible if you can, these cars are itching to be modded so good luck! I don't know how much longer I can go stock!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:30 AM

I would say if you are planning on selling it, to just buy a used EVO. I bought an MR and I am planning on never, ever,ever getting rid of it. It's decently family friendly because of the 4 doors, gas mileage is manageable as long as you don't race from traffic light to light. If I was about to pay +40k for a vehicle I wouldnt get rid of it. I pay 35k with taxes for a PB MR 08 w/navi. This is the car I want to be buried in.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:41 AM

Thanks for the replies. I don't plan on selling it, but just in case....you never know what comes up in life and it's always good to have your options open. I plan on TRYING to keep it stock, but not too sure on how successful that will be since the potential is just sooooo much more w/ just a few mods. It does make sense though that a stock car would be the most desirable, regardless of package/options.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 06:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
These cars have been known over the years to hold there value, AS LONG AS THEY ARE TAKEN CARE OF!!!. I've been in Japan for 2 years now and the Evo 6 prices are still in the $8-12K range, which I think is pretty good for a 14 year old car. AT the same time the cars are rediculously cheaper her; you go to Canada you're gna pay close to 18k for them.