Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Shifter bushings

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shifter bushings

I am looking into changing my shifter bushings. I was looking at the ams store which sells 3 different bushings kit... First, i am curious to know which of the 3 sets i need, if not all? Also, how is the installation process... Seems to be more complex than anything else that ive seen

Tips and tricks needed, thanks
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recommend going with the works bushing sense they are made of a hard rubber and not metal. The metal bushings are harsher on the transmission since they will no absorb impact and vibrations as the stiffer rubber bushings. Install is stupid easy and if anything you only need the under hood & gate selector bushings. If you are going to install a short shifter then get the base bushings as well since you will have the entire thing open anyway.

Also try doing a search next time. This was discussed no less than a week ago here.

Last edited by Get Rad; Feb 29, 2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply, this helps a lot... I was going for the ams bushings but i guess I see the advantage of going rubber and not metal

also thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I am not used to these forums, been on and active for maybe a week!