Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

So I'm looking at 3 different Evo X's...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Do it! It's just a filter inside the stock box, it won't really affect the tune any.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I'm talking to the dealer now. Guy who is helping me is off today but I'm trying to get the asking price and negotiate from there. Also hope my bank credits my loan soon after I credited 1700 a few weeks ago
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

So was told the price is $33998! I was like wtf, way too high. I'm willing to pay 27-28k on it
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HimynameisWillzyx
So was told the price is $33998! I was like wtf, way too high. I'm willing to pay 27-28k on it
Im in SA also. The used Evo's in TX (especially SA area) are all way over priced. You can get a brand new GSR from the 3 dealerships here for that price and cheaper. Mine was $33,800 (before TTL) off the showroom floor.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Ya but I'm aggressive told the dealer there's other used se s with less miles for 28k. I'm gonna offer 27 and see if they will budge to 28

I'm still considering a Gsr just never had a stick b4..
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Ya but I'm aggressive told the dealer there's other used se s with less miles for 28k. I'm gonna offer 27 and see if they will budge to 28

I'm still considering a Gsr just never had a stick b4..
Get the new local GSR from preferibly Gillman. You want me to teach you how to drive it? Don't let the 5-speed shy you away from it.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Well I've driven my buddy's old s2000 in a parking lot and had no problem never been on a street. Itd be my dd so hope I could get it ASAP ha
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Well I've driven my buddy's old s2000 in a parking lot and had no problem never been on a street. Itd be my dd so hope I could get it ASAP ha
Well I know a good salesperson at Gillman. He really is a good guy and their finance manager is also a good guy. I hate their service department with a passion though.

I wouldnt let the 5speed shy you away. Infact, you might wish in the future you would have got a 5speed. According to Gillman's website they have a GG I believe. I think they had told me right around $34,000 for one.

Mission Mitsu has a black one and a red one. Its always good to shop around and do your homework. And this is just a preference but I would pay a few extra thousand for a new Evo over a used Evo anyday. You usually get a better interest rate buying new vs used. Not always though.

Let me know man. We can do this today. Don't be nervouse over that 5speed. it becomes a second nature over time
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Haha not even sure what my budget could be on a new one. If I could get a really good interest rate maybe. There's a black 2011 for 31 in Dallas. Wonder if any of those could be transferred ha
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Haha not even sure what my budget could be on a new one. If I could get a really good interest rate maybe. There's a black 2011 for 31 in Dallas. Wonder if any of those could be transferred ha
If you buy out of area do you plan on driving and checking it out? Or do you just plan an purchasing it and having it shipped and hoping everything is ok on it?

I know dealerships can get you whatever car you want. But my understanding is it requires them to trade or buy it from that dealership and then transfer it over here. I know it will add on to the price, just not sure by how much. Maybe $500 to $1000.

Hows your credit? I got 3.6% through Security Service. If you buy a new one at around $34k with zero down and 3.6% or so, I think your payment will be around $560 a month.

Are you putting money down? Have you been approved for a loan yet? Are you trading a vehicle in?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Purely on looks the WW is nicest.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

The ww in Houston I'd drive too. The other 2 I was thinking of just shipping. I'd ask for a video of the car running and such. But that's why the Houston one is best option. Hoping they'll wheel and deal with price. And ya I have a trade in and I bank thru ssfcu so that'd be my choice of loan
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

The ww in Houston I'd drive too. The other 2 I was thinking of just shipping. I'd ask for a video of the car running and such. But that's why the Houston one is best option. Hoping they'll wheel and deal with price. And ya I have a trade in and I bank thru ssfcu so that'd be my choice of loan
You should start the approval process through SSFCU now. When you buy local usually you dont need to do this. But if you are not buying local you might have to get approved first anyways. If you bought the one in Florida, Im not sure if they have SSFCU there. They will have good communications with the local banks in that area. not so much with the banks in our area.

Will you have negative equity on the trade in? Also keep in mind, most dealerships out of the state will not take trade-ins for you. So if you were to go with the Florida Evo, you will have to sell your car here. You might have to sale it before you buy the Evo depending on your situation because the bank might not approve you for another car loan if you are still paying on a car loan. Just depends on your credit and income.

Also when you trade-in during the purchase, you will pay less in taxes because you wont pay taxes on the amount of your trade in.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Yep I know all that. With one of the Florida ones I sell my car locally first and get loan gone and get my equity. I'll have equity couple G's.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Have you talked to SouthCoast Mitsu in California? They have 27 2011 Evo's in stock and are advertising them as $31,000 on their website:

http://www.southcoastmitsubishi.com/...&SBprice=clear

Ofcourse dealerships tend to advertise cheaper than they really sale for. Doesnt hurt to try. Maybe around $500 to $1000 to ship.

Quick Reply: So I'm looking at 3 different Evo X's...