Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

So I'm looking at 3 different Evo X's...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HimynameisWillzyx
Yep I know all that. With one of the Florida ones I sell my car locally first and get loan gone and get my equity. I'll have equity couple G's.
Would you plan on selling your car to a delaership like carmax or would you put it on craigslist and sell private party?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm trying private and gonna try gunn Infiniti to buy. But I'm not wanting to buy a Gsr and ship it since I be buying a new car I couldn't drive at that moment. Different in person to get a Gsr so I could drive it right away
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

I'm trying private and gonna try gunn Infiniti to buy. But I'm not wanting to buy a Gsr and ship it since I be buying a new car I couldn't drive at that moment. Different in person to get a Gsr so I could drive it right away
I get you. Well there's 3 or 4 new GSR's here in SA at the moment. You will probably pay $34k or so for one. But dont forget the money you save from the trade in on taxes. And I'm sure Gillman and Mission Finance managers play golf with SSFCU loan department employees on the weekend so they may be able to get you a good rate.

You will probably find a used one for cheaper eventually but you already know what goes with that. You will have to sale the car first and then you will loose some money on taxes cause you sold it as opposed to trade in. Your interest rate might be higher but its hard to say for sure. And then ofcourse you will have to travel or purchase and ship sight unseen. If you go this rate what possibly could happen as well is you find the perfect Evo for you somewhere and then begin the process of selling your car. But then there's a chance while you are selling your car that they might sell that Evo on you.

You sound like you've done your research. I guess either say screw it and go get you a new GSR today or keep looking for the used SE. You will find a good one eventually. Keep us updated.

Last edited by Kendogg; Mar 14, 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

I know mitsubishi says the tc-sst fluid and filter can be changed not till 60k miles, but a lot of people do it at 30k, is it a big deal if its done between 30-60k? I'm looking at some used mr's and that grey se that are near 30k or a little passed.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

and bc coilovers are considered "cheap" meaning bad?? So far Im getting the best price on the gg one in florida, got a thousand off to 27995. 27k miles ain't bad at all.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Ww!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/ctd/2899534565.html

a local works there lmk and i can get him to talk to you
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
and bc coilovers are considered "cheap" meaning bad?? So far Im getting the best price on the gg one in florida, got a thousand off to 27995. 27k miles ain't bad at all.
Well it really depends on what you consider bad. They aren't as "performance" minded as other coils that cost $1700ish and up. They lower the car as much as you want and are awesome for just the "look" of the car. Still, they are a cheaper end coilover.

If I was buying a used Evo, I would either go for the one that was as close to stock as possible, or get the one that I know has been maintained very well-and usually cheap mods are an indicator, to me Atleast, that a previous owner might not have "sprung" for any expensive maintenance procedures that the Evo calls for.. Expensive mods Atleast shows the previous owner would drop some change on the car. Like I said, just my stupid reasoning.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Ya but I'm aggressive told the dealer there's other used se s with less miles for 28k. I'm gonna offer 27 and see if they will budge to 28

I'm still considering a Gsr just never had a stick b4..
If you're in SA I saw a nice RR GSR at San Antonio Jeep and Chrysler. Looked decent.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:39 PM

If I'd known you were interested in a stock X SE, I would have sold you mine before I put it in storage and moved 2 weeks ago.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo Izzy
If you're in SA I saw a nice RR GSR at San Antonio Jeep and Chrysler. Looked decent.
http://www.sanantoniododgechryslerje...87fbd4030c.htm

Yeah. Its pretty nice. 2008 MR RR with SS and Navi. 21k miles for $29k. I like the rims on it. Also looks stock under the hood but hard to say if they just changed it back or not. Overall not bad. Good find
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

So far I've eliminated the white one in houston, they have it priced too high and are d!cks anyway, never got responses, and the blue one sold, so the gg one is still on my list. Decided to research on 08 MR's too, found this one, would have payments in 450ish after price dropped a little, shipping would be like 1200 tho being on long island but they offered to pay half:
pb 08 in ny

Then there's this pb one with 36k miles in Kansas, quicker and easier to ship and working with payments at 390ish including shipping and all texas tax/fees:
pb 08 in kansas

1 owner on first link, 3 owners on the kansas one. Is 3 owners a bad thing? Also I know mitsubishi says the tranny fluid/filter isn't needed to be changed till 60k for normal use, and this one has past 30k, would it be a good idea to do that service on the car if I got the kansas one? Any way to find online service records on evo's, I know like lexus offers that, does mitsubishi? I tried to find out if it had its 30k service done but those dealers don't know haha
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Looking at another evo x, ? on it

So I'm looking at this 08 MR in kansas, 36k miles, got price at 28500

Asked about tires and got this reply:
Hello Kevin,

Steve Asked me to take some photos of the tires. They all measure
between 9/32nd and 10/32nd . Brand new is 11/32nd for this tire per
www.tirerack.com See the photos for details on each tire.

i'm assuming the tires are pretty new but are all seasons. Do all seasons noticeably affect performance with car in acceleration? Model of the tires are Hankook Ventus V4 ES tires, size 245/40ZR18.

Heres a link to car:
pb mr 08
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

All seasons are quite noticeable in the performance aspects such as acceleration, braking, and handling. I cannot tell you how many cars that I have owned that have gone from performance all seasons to ultra high performance summer tires. The difference is quite noticeable. If you are rolling along and accelerate, I doubt there will be much difference if any in acceleration. If you are talking about drag racing the car from a dig at the track, I would not do it. There are a few good high performance all seasons that might be comparable to the Yokohamas on the Evo. I would chekc out Tire Rack and read the reviews.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I was just curious cause if I got this evo, I would begin saving up to get summer performance tires asap, being in texas. But until I could get new tires on it just curious how it would drive with all seasons once I received it

Quick Reply: So I'm looking at 3 different Evo X's...