Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

So I'm looking at 3 different Evo X's...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Of course you can run all seasons if the 4 tires all have the same tread depth. Run them until you can get the summer tires. It is not like your car will be undriveable. It is just that the absolute performance of the handling and braking will be slightly diminished on the track. If you are just driving on the street, you should be fine.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on more evo's I'm looking at

Still trying to find the right evo, if you saw my previous threads theres a white se near me in houston texas that I'm considering but just hate the price.

So looking at more, found this one and talking to sales manager. It's a white 08 mr with 41k miles. Has a "crease" on the drivers side body, here's a link to car and pics of the "crease". Car is on the lower of the price ranges I've seen, right out at $28,404. Is it just best to avoid this one with the crease in the doors?

ww mr

Here's a pic the sales lady sent me of the doors:
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

it looks good
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

^those 2 creases on the door are obvious tho, would that be easy/cheap to fix or not worth it?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

What happened with that Red 08 MR local in San Antonio? $29k for a MR with 21k miles and SS and Navi and local seemed pretty good.

http://www.sanantoniododgechryslerje...87fbd4030c.htm

Was it already sold cause its still on their website
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

pass. if you end up getting a new door, you gotta worry about painting, blending, matching imo.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

For an 08 that's quite a lot. Lie I said in your other thread, I got my 2011 right out the door for 30,500 with 7k miles. The creases are personal preference... I mean if you want your car like that then that's all you but I know it would **** me off. Plus it would be a pretty penny to fix I think. I say pass
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Pass dude. Stay patient. I agree with the color match comment. Look for a 2010 if possible.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Minot Syndicate
For an 08 that's quite a lot. Lie I said in your other thread, I got my 2011 right out the door for 30,500 with 7k miles. The creases are personal preference... I mean if you want your car like that then that's all you but I know it would **** me off. Plus it would be a pretty penny to fix I think. I say pass
Yours is a MR or GSR?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

thats why I'm still considering this one cause its within "driving" distance to do a trade in of my car, just hate how expensive it is for an se, and not sure if I want it with blue rotas, dropped, vinyled roof and exhaust:
ww se in houston tx
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HimynameisWillzyx
thats why I'm still considering this one cause its within "driving" distance to do a trade in of my car, just hate how expensive it is for an se, and not sure if I want it with blue rotas, dropped, vinyled roof and exhaust:
ww se in houston tx
For a 2010 SE with 11,600 miles:

Retail KBB value:
$32,900

Retail NADA value:
$32,200

Trade in value is roughly $29k.

I think they have some negotiating room. I would think around $31 to $32 would be fair. They would still make some money and you would pay below blue book. But I think they have it way overpriced and it is only that high because of the lack of selection in the Texas area.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kendogg
Yours is a MR or GSR?
Mine is a GSR. I went with the stock one with no factory packages considering I had quite a few items before I bought the car/ones that I had from previous one.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Minot Syndicate
Mine is a GSR. I went with the stock one with no factory packages considering I had quite a few items before I bought the car/ones that I had from previous one.
Mine is a stock GSR with no additional options as well. The OP is looking for a MR or SE so thats why the pricing is coming in a little high. If he was willing to get a GSR he could get a brand new 2012 for cheaper than that used SE in Houston. But you got to get what you want. If you only want a MR or SE then the selection will be smaller and the price will be higher but you know what will ultimately make you happy.

I love my GSR. Especially after driving slow automatics for so many years. But my first car was a standard. Its second nature to me. I would take a new GSR over a used MR/SE anyday
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Ahh I dont remember seeing that in OP's original thread. If that is the case, then it'll be harder to find what they are looking for. I know a dealer near me had a white one with like 49k miles and it was like 25k (plus taxes, etc) which shouldn't come out to that much but yeah... SE will be even harder. Doing a quick search, I found a few MR's for about 27-28k... But the one in question has the damage which would be quite a bit to fix.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Also the one he linked above is a SE in Houston which is a couple of hours from us. Its a 2010 SE with 11,6k miles but they are asking almost $34k for it.

I looked around for used Evo's at first. I didnt care if it was a GSR though but there is not much selection in the Texas area. But that is also one of the reason why I like the Evo. They are hard to find and they also hold value well. Especially when compared to other Mitsu models. The subarus here in San Antonio sale as quick as they come in. Used WRX's (not even sti) sale for the same price as they are new. And then they sale as quick as they are posted. I was shocked when I was looking for Evo's and subies. I'm glad i just gave in and went with my GSR. I know it doesnt have the add ons like SS and leather, but I really dont care. I knew I wanted a new Evo if possible and I dont mind it being stripped down. I also didnt have to waste time messing around with potential dealerships. Went in to the dealership and drove away a couple of hours later with an Evo.

Quick Reply: So I'm looking at 3 different Evo X's...