Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

So I'm looking at 3 different Evo X's...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HimynameisWillzyx
Also, my bank told me to wait till my refund is credited to my loan before I trade my car in, and was told today by dealer 45-60 days from when I canceled it, which was february 21 I believe? So hopefully beginning of april but latest mid april, guess makes me have patience to see what comes up for sale
Are you talking about an extended warranty or gap insurance?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended warranty
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Check these out. They look fishy to me. Might have had flood damage. But they are the lowest prices I've seen

http://www.prestmanauto.com/in-stock-inventory.html
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Extended warranty
When I traded in my Outlander for my Evo they gave me an Odometer statement form showing what the mileage was for my trade in. I then took that to the dealership I had bought the Outlander from and will need to wait about 6 weeks for my check. But it didnt effect me trading in and getting my Evo. I didnt have to wait for the check first
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

^so how did you do that if your payoff was higher than when you were credited the warranty? Do dealers pretty much trust you're telling the truth and they write in contract what the future loan value will be? Lol. Right now my loan is around 15700 and will get a credit of 1734.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

^so how did you do that if your payoff was higher than when you were credited the warranty? Do dealers pretty much trust you're telling the truth and they write in contract what the future loan value will be? Lol. Right now my loan is around 15700 and will get a credit of 1734.
I owed $20k on my trade in. They gave me $18k. So I suffered $2k negative equity on my trade in. But I will be getting over $2k back for my extended warranty and gap.

So overall I paid the total price of the Evo plus the $2k negative equity. When my check comes in I can either apply it to the loan (to principle) so I dont pay interest on the negative equity. Or I can throw it in my savings account so I have a little cushion incase **** happens. I still have decided what I want to do yet.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

I just found a 2011 GSR with leather, SSS, etc for $26,900 in Tampa at a cadillac dealer. Dealer is willing to do 25,700 for it. Deals are out there.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Ya, I'm gonna continue to be patient for a few more weeks and keep eyes open, hoping something will pop up in texas
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

and now another evo x 08 mr appeared for sale in san antonio, but with my luck its freaken rally red, don't want red again...if it would of been white/black/gg, I'd be getting that evo today
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

So it looks very possible I can get that white se in houston, my bank is reviewing to bump my loan up to cover the total due for the car, if I get approved for 28.5k loan, I'm planning to pick her up monday! Heres a link to it again:
car

If everything works out, and get her, already have plans on it. First I'd want to take that crap off the roof, anyone know if that's easy?

Second I have my carbon fiber bumper bezel thing to put on the nose, then I would just buy some cf piece to compliment the back, maybe vortex generator or something.

Third I'd see if anyone would want to trade wheels/tires, rather get different wheels and not as wide tires, those are 275, would want just like 255's.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

So I'm in Houston, get to the white evo and it has a sh!tty cheap metal exhaust with 2 in tips with fake bigger tips, no cat, looks like a cheap shop exhaust one solid piece from downpipe to end. I was told it would have the cat. Also had a boost controller on it I wasn't told about, and the car sounds like crap and drives bad. Probably doesn't have a tune with intake filter and a test pipe and boost controller or I it does no warranty. I yelled at the sales guy, and they are working on getting me a cat but I told them I want it inspected at a Mitsubishi service center to make sure the engine isn't messed up and if there's a tune or no tune and make sure it still has its factory warranty. I'm so furious driving out here 300 miles and deal with bs!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

So I'm in Houston, get to the white evo and it has a sh!tty cheap metal exhaust with 2 in tips with fake bigger tips, no cat, looks like a cheap shop exhaust one solid piece from downpipe to end. I was told it would have the cat. Also had a boost controller on it I wasn't told about, and the car sounds like crap and drives bad. Probably doesn't have a tune with intake filter and a test pipe and boost controller or I it does no warranty. I yelled at the sales guy, and they are working on getting me a cat but I told them I want it inspected at a Mitsubishi service center to make sure the engine isn't messed up and if there's a tune or no tune and make sure it still has its factory warranty. I'm so furious driving out here 300 miles and deal with bs!
Dang man, that sucks. You never know what will happen with these cars. Buying a used one is always a gamble. What if you wanted to buy one out of state and then when it is shipped to you, you realize it has issues to it? I would never buy one of these cars out of area sight unseen. I would go with your gut on this one. It's probably not worth buying. Thats a lot of money on a used car that has been modded. You can almost get a brand new local GSR straight off the showroom floor for that amount. Keep us updated bud.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:08 PM

That sucks man hopefully they take care of these things for you or if it's too much to deal with don't buy it.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:14 PM

yea.. you're taking a gamble buying a used evo. Hopefully, they'll have check it out, if not then you should just walk away... after, like others have said, you could always get a new one, maybe not fully loaded but still, its better than that. GL
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Car salesman (not most of them... no offense to anyone here with good business ethics) are not going to give a crap if you drive 900 miles to go see them... they expect you're going to buy the car with whatever defect since you had to travel so far... don't fall for it, and if you can afford new, then buy new... nothing like buying a car you know no one else put their hands on before, ESPECIALLY a Lancer Evolution

Quick Reply: So I'm looking at 3 different Evo X's...