Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

So I'm looking at 3 different Evo X's...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I'm looking at 3 different Evo X's...

So I'm looking at 3 different X's for sale, 2 are in florida, and 1 kinda near me in Texas.

They are all SE's 2010s, gg, ob, and ww.

Here's links to the 3 cars:
wwintexas
ob
gg

Questions I have is the ww in texas is stock minus looks like springs, wheels, an exhaust and an intake. I'm nervous about that one cause it looks like the owner could of driven it with intake but no tune, or if a tune not sure what tune. Would want my powertrain warranty to keep the tcsst warrantied.

the gg one in florida has bc coilovers, rota torques, "new" general extreme summer tires 255s, exhaust and believe thats it.

the ob one in florida looks to be 100% stock.

I'm emailing all 3 of the dealers currently on price now, the ob is $28990 with 7k miles, the gg has 27k miles for same price, and not sure on the ww one.

Opinions? I'd be shipping if I took one of the florida ones, or drive for the texas one.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the white one...looks cleaner. You can get some excellent deals on evos in texas....I bought my 2010 evo x SSS with navi and a whole bunch of goodies in Dallas tx for 24,000 after texas and everything
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tribal
I like the white one...looks cleaner. You can get some excellent deals on evos in texas....I bought my 2010 evo x SSS with navi and a whole bunch of goodies in Dallas tx for 24,000 after texas and everything
What kind of mileage? That's a damn good price!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I'd would rather get the blue one, mainly because it is stock. I wouldn't buy a used Evo with Rotas, not because they are knockoffs, but because they may have missed maintenance or something or used other cheap mods.. As seen with the BC coils.

I vote OB stock one. For the record, I don't think there is anything "wrong" with cheaper wheels.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Are you sure the blue one is stock? I would ask for an engine bay picture. If it's stock I'd go for the blue one.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

I would go for stock if possible. Did you check out the So cal dealership. You might be able to get a new GSR for just a couple thousand more. The Evo is just one of those cars that would make me nervous buying used. I love being the OG owner of mine. I know exactly how the car has been taken care of and driven. Used Evo's can still be a really good car. Like any used car it will be a risk.

I do not like the black roof on the WW in texas. Other than that the WW one is pretty clean looking. It also doesnt have many more miles than the OB. The only downside to me with the WW besides the black roof is here in SA all I see is the WW or the OB. But then again the WW is an awesome color in the X. Does it have to be a SE? You dont like the 5 speed GSR's?

Last edited by Kendogg; Mar 14, 2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kendogg
I would go for stock if possible. Did you check out the So cal dealership. You might be able to get a new GSR for just a couple thousand more. The Evo is just one of those cars that would make me nervous buying used. I love being the OG owner of mine. I know exactly how the car has been taken car of and driven. Used Evo's can still be a really good car. Like any used car it will be a risk.
I'm one of the only people I know personally that bought their Evo brand new. Almost none of them have had problems that they, themselves, did not cause. Out of the many Evos I've had, I also have not really had an issue that was not caused by me. I only purchased 1 brand new, and honestly with depreciation and being the original owner, that was the car I had the least amount of fun with. Buying a used Evo with more miles, not in perfect condition, for cheaper not only puts an Evo in your garage, but you won't be flipping out the first time you see that some random dbag put a small dent in your car (happened to me the second week of owning my brand new Evo. Have never had a dent in any of my used Evos that wasn't there already.)

Also, if you read up on have knowledge on what modifications do what, inspect the car thoroughly, run a compressions test, leak down, etc...buying a used car is not that much different than buying a new car.

Just my $0.02 though.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

I would never buy a modded Evo, that's just my rule. But who knows, you might get lucky and those look like some sweet deals. Best way to decide is to go see all three in person and drive them. Good luck!

-Izzy
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

I'd go with the blue one only because it looks closest to stock. and the cleanest.the white one looks likes it had work done as far as mods. the grey one doesn't look bad, and don't be turnt away just because of rotas. Some people have since to not buy extremely expensive wheels. But i'd go octane blue.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
I'm one of the only people I know personally that bought their Evo brand new. Almost none of them have had problems that they, themselves, did not cause. Out of the many Evos I've had, I also have not really had an issue that was not caused by me. I only purchased 1 brand new, and honestly with depreciation and being the original owner, that was the car I had the least amount of fun with. Buying a used Evo with more miles, not in perfect condition, for cheaper not only puts an Evo in your garage, but you won't be flipping out the first time you see that some random dbag put a small dent in your car (happened to me the second week of owning my brand new Evo. Have never had a dent in any of my used Evos that wasn't there already.)

Also, if you read up on have knowledge on what modifications do what, inspect the car thoroughly, run a compressions test, leak down, etc...buying a used car is not that much different than buying a new car.

Just my $0.02 though.
Financially it will always be smarter to buy used cause of depreciation. But my Evo purchase was my 4th new car purchase. All Mitsu. If there is one thing I am used to it is Mitsu's depreciation. I watched my spyder go from $30k new to $14k in a matter of 3 years. It is known when you buy a Mitsu you either intend to hold on to it or expect to loose money. Atleast the Evo holds value the best compared to Mitsu's other models.

I can speak for the SA TX area also. There is very few used Evo's in this area and the used ones are way over priced. If in SA you have to either buy new or get ready to purchase used out of area.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
What kind of mileage? That's a damn good price!
it had 27,000 miles on it, keep looking its out there. I saw one in dallas on craigslist a 2008 with 48,000 for 22,000
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i'd buy the white one. the mods aren't bad. it has rotas and something to lower it and i'm taking a wild guess that the exhaust is either ultimate racing or ETS.....hard to tell.

those are things you'll probably end up buying anyway.....go price some exhausts and see that you'll actually be saving.

i wouldn't fret too much about the intake. if you're really worried get a compression test before buying it. it has low miles and will likely be half way decent.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Evo Izzy
I would never buy a modded Evo, that's just my rule. But who knows, you might get lucky and those look like some sweet deals. Best way to decide is to go see all three in person and drive them. Good luck!

-Izzy
Its a funny irony... EVERYONE wants to mod the Evo once they buy it, yet no one wants to buy a modded one... and yet everyone expects to be able to eventually sell theirs

I guess lots of people "returning to stock" and essentially frauding future buyers. That or being hypocrites.

Personally, Id rather buy a well represented, modded car, than a car that was "stock" but was actually just *put back to stock* by someone who is savvy to the "dont buy modded!" mantra
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

I'd get the OB X

Looks the cleanest of the 3 and the price is good.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Well I'm mainly leaning at the white one because it's in Texas and I can drive to see it and use my g35 to trade in, would save tax and shipping and inspect car in person. As long as the intake on it is not a big deal on the engine and all that's the one I want. Probably buy a stock intake to put on it till I'd do a tune cause I still have a cobb intake I'd use anyway

Quick Reply: So I'm looking at 3 different Evo X's...