Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Went EVO shopping yesterday....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Minot Syndicate
Why does everyone care if they run your credit history?
Excessive inquiries can look bad and ding your score. I've worked hard to keep my scores of 800+ and do not let my credit get run unless I absolutely need to.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kracka
Excessive inquiries can look bad and ding your score. I've worked hard to keep my scores of 800+ and do not let my credit get run unless I absolutely need to.
I do agree that to many inquires can bring down your score. But if you buying $250,000 exotic cars, would you really care if your credit is 830 or a 825? If you don't want your credit run, just tell them to call your bank and verify your capable of buying the car out right
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:08 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neither of the two dealers in my city would let you test drive "NEW" evo or ralliart. they wanted me to drive a lancer and "imagine" what the evo would feel like. They However did get a used GSR instock and called me back to test drive it. the first time i was there i said i was only interested in the sst. but i drove the gsr found that it was a pretty fun car. When i ordered my WW MR it came with 4km on it. after my test drive it had 20.. after buying it.. I'm not sure id want to Buy a car with much more than 20 km's on it.. I think this is why the dealers dont let you test drive them..
I think that All Mitsu dealers should be required that if they sell any ralliarts and evo's they should be "REQUIRED" to have at least one of each vehical in their stock for test drives. obviously they wouldn't like that because they'd have wear and tear on a rather expensive service vehicle. But in the end i think they would sell more in the long run. they also may end up knowing how to "SERVICE" these cars too! since they have their own in the shop lol..

anyways that's my rant.. ps i don't take my car to the dealer. i deal with a rally service shop that deals with subaru's and evo's on a regular basis.

Originally Posted by What's Next?
So i've been kicking around the idea of getting a EVO. My buddy just bought a STI and I am going to get a EVO to prove a point to him. It would be a 4rd car for me that I would Mod to make it a fun track/weekend toy. I pull up to the dealer in my Range Rover and sales person comes out asking if they could help. I told them I was interested in the EVO MR. The sales person takes me in the back they have a bunch of MR's and GSR's. I find a MR that I like that has the options I was looking for. He asks if I was interested and if he should go get the keys to open it up? I told him yes i'd like to open it up and go for a test drive. The sales guy looks at me a says he can open it but we can not go on a test drive with out running my credit. At first I thought he was kidding, I told him i'm a all cash buyer and I dont want my credit ran. He said sorry but with out running my credit I could not test drive the car.
I was pretty taken back by this. He then explained that this was standard policy that ALL dealers do this. That if they let people test drive them than the cars would have to many miles on them. I'm 34 years old, I have owned exotic cars in the past and not even when I went to purchase one of those did they want to run my credit to test drive a 250k+ car!
I'm not a dick by all means but this just rubbed me the wrong way. After telling them how I felt about their policy I walked away. I am a impulse buyer and if I liked the car I would have bought it.
Did everyone here have to have their credit checked to buy their EVO?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

^ This.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bowrepublik
I think that All Mitsu dealers should be required that if they sell any ralliarts and evo's they should be "REQUIRED" to have at least one of each vehical in their stock for test drives. obviously they wouldn't like that because they'd have wear and tear on a rather expensive service vehicle. But in the end i think they would sell more in the long run. they also may end up knowing how to "SERVICE" these cars too! since they have their own in the shop lol..

anyways that's my rant.. ps i don't take my car to the dealer. i deal with a rally service shop that deals with subaru's and evo's on a regular basis.
Not all dealerships are large enough to have this as an option. The other two Mitsu dealers in the state of Minnesota don't have either on their lots. Forcing them to have them in stock, and/or keeping one they do have reserved for a demo would force them to be paying extra money for a car they aren't likely to sell.

Insider note - Dealers actually have the cars at the lot on loan from the manufacturer. So we actually pay more interest the longer they sit on our lots. If you go to a store that negotiates (not a "best price" type store) you can use this information to get them to come down on the price. That works both ways too lol. You can tell them, "Look I know that car's been sitting here for X months." Or you could say, "I'm going to be taking delivery right off the truck, that saves you guys money right?"

Sorry, tangent aside, not all dealerships are tied for 1st in the nation like mine is (shameless plug and bragging). Even if a small dealership has one, they couldn't necessarily afford to do this.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:53 PM

Ding ding!! My score is a hair above 800 and if I dont intend on financing it I really don't want my credit pulled. Also, some dealers will sell your info.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by what's next?
also, some dealers will sell your info.
+1
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Only thing I was ever asked for when I test drove my '11 GSR was my license... :\

They should at least have an Evo in the showrooms to test drive... and what's a 2 mile test drive anyway?

How sales persons lose a sale with this kind of arrogance is beyond me :|