Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fast Key Change?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast Key Change?

So I have 2011 GSR but I was used to the 2008's and 2010's. If you haven't experienced both then you probably wouldn't have noticed the difference, but in the 2011+ models it seems that the fast key option will let you open the doors only by pressing the button. But in the earlier models it was some kind of bioelectric handle, so when you simply went to grab the door it would unlock so it looked seamless. Now, I want to go back to that style instead of pressing this button, has anyone done it or does this bother just me?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 03:13 AM
Evolving Member

curious to know as well
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by air4orce1z
So I have 2011 GSR but I was used to the 2008's and 2010's. If you haven't experienced both then you probably wouldn't have noticed the difference, but in the 2011+ models it seems that the fast key option will let you open the doors only by pressing the button. But in the earlier models it was some kind of bioelectric handle, so when you simply went to grab the door it would unlock so it looked seamless. Now, I want to go back to that style instead of pressing this button, has anyone done it or does this bother just me?
That's news to me! I though the 2010 and earlier version you could only lock it with the fast key. My understanding was that the 2011 was the first model you could open it with fast key in.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to the OP you are correct, on my 2010 all I simply have to do is be within range and the door will open, whats nice is you can change the setting of some of the elements of the fast key for example if you have a Mitsubishi Navigation System, you can change the settings so that all the doors unlock: Go to SET > Equipment > Power Door Locks > Unlock Operation. If you don't have a Navigation System, you can still change the settings by using the buttons on your FAST-key fob:

■Step 1: Press and hold Lock #1 button.
■Step 2: While holding down the Lock #1 button, wait four seconds and then Press and hold Unlock #2 button (do not allow more than ten seconds to pass). Step 3: Keep holding down both buttons and then release Lock #1 button first.
■Step 4: Release Unlock #2 button second.
Repeat the above procedure to return the settings back to the default.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:52 PM

I love that feature about the evo. All I do is walk up and grab the Handle and the door unlocks. like a boss.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tribal
to the OP you are correct, on my 2010 all I simply have to do is be within range and the door will open, whats nice is you can change the setting of some of the elements of the fast key for example if you have a Mitsubishi Navigation System, you can change the settings so that all the doors unlock: Go to SET > Equipment > Power Door Locks > Unlock Operation. If you don't have a Navigation System, you can still change the settings by using the buttons on your FAST-key fob:

■Step 1: Press and hold Lock #1 button.
■Step 2: While holding down the Lock #1 button, wait four seconds and then Press and hold Unlock #2 button (do not allow more than ten seconds to pass). Step 3: Keep holding down both buttons and then release Lock #1 button first.
■Step 4: Release Unlock #2 button second.
Repeat the above procedure to return the settings back to the default.
I have tried this a couple of times on my 08 gsr with no luck. Do I have put the ignition to on or something?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ionion
I have tried this a couple of times on my 08 gsr with no luck. Do I have put the ignition to on or something?
did you hold for the amount of seconds described? I have tried on my 2010 evo x and it works.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

-Disregard- i'm an idiot, I don't have the fast key option, just the regular keyless fob, my bad...

tried it twice on my GSR (no Navi) twice no luck... Tried it out of range of the car and within range of the car...what does the car need to be doing (ie. does it need to be unlocked, locked door, door open, anything else i could be missing)

Last edited by SavageGSR; Mar 27, 2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Yup, Mitsu made the change for 2011+. I also prefer the 2008/2010 style.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:45 AM

Yes, I had an '08 and now have a '12 and it only unlocks by pushing that button. Although I had some issues in the winter with gloves on where the sensor wouldn't sense my hand which was a pain, so I guess the button is better in that regard.

Maybe it's just the lazy american in me but not having to push that button was sooo much better lol...

Still better than reaching for the keyfob though.