Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Owning an EVO has changed my perspective of Mitsubishi totally

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats man! I see a 2009 MX5 on your list there. That would make it an NC2. I recently bought a 2011 MX5 and I'm loving it.

Not driving an Evo, but still a big fan. Cheers.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kiteboarder
Congrats man! I see a 2009 MX5 on your list there. That would make it an NC2. I recently bought a 2011 MX5 and I'm loving it.

Not driving an Evo, but still a big fan. Cheers.
Yes I miss the lil Mx5 sometimes....was a great car...just a little bit small and bad in the snow. Sometimes i wish I could have one as a toy along with my EVO though.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

This is what I said when I first test drove the Evo. But I disliked all Japanese cars. Not because I thought they were POS but they seemed like cars to get you from A to B with no charisma or soul. Then there were the lowered Hondas that made me think even less of the Japanse cars. "a car for kids with little money to buy a nice car but enough money to buy rims, slam it and put a horrible sounding exhaust." I had that thought for years. I decided to trade my Range Rover in because while it was a blast off road, I was on road more and wanted to have a blast on the way to work everyday. I knew for sure my next car would be a BMW M3. Since I didn't want to blow the money on a new one I was looking at an 05. Somehow I came across the Evo in my search for the BMW and I recall hearing them a long time ago with what at the time I thought was a cool hissing sound between shift. Turns out it was the Subaru I heard but it did get me reading the reviews on the Evo. I didn't believe them at first so I took a test drive and I was sold. I'm glad I got the Evo. I'm done buying cars to impress others. I mean I love the BMW and Rovers and got them because I loved them but there was a little part of me that did it for show. Living where I live you can't blame me. Kinda engrained in you.

I don't care if people at work or around me think I'm crazy. Or going through midlife crises with that wing on the back. Or call me "Fast and the the Furious" or think I drive a slow 4 banger econobox. I know what I drive and that's all that matters.

Damn what a rant. Sorry.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

^^holy crap peter griffin...

now we know what grinds your gears.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:20 PM

Congrats on the purchase! Where in PA are you located? I'm not too far from Steven Moyer....
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

I live in West Reading Pa, near the Reading Hospital...yea I will never buy a car at Steve Moyer, not only were they overpriced, but they seemed snobbish....which worked out well for me in the end. Got a great deal and a great car at Masano Mitsubishi and didnt even have to get off of route 61 since they are both on the same road...
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:16 PM

Owned an evo 9 mr and paid off now own an evo x gsr,evo all the way.
Superb handling and acceleration this mitsu evos are
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still miss my EVO at times but my wife has owned her 2007 Outlander since new and it's hauled around the family problem free for years and it's still going strong. Mitsubishi makes cars just as good as anyone else out there they just have an image problem and a lack of proper offerings as they really have the Lancer and Outlander.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by formerRX8owner
I live in West Reading Pa, near the Reading Hospital...yea I will never buy a car at Steve Moyer, not only were they overpriced, but they seemed snobbish....which worked out well for me in the end. Got a great deal and a great car at Masano Mitsubishi and didnt even have to get off of route 61 since they are both on the same road...
I've seen a Delorean near that hospital several times. Welcome to the Evo family!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

The Evo really is a great car. I'm really confused why I never/rarely see Mitsu feature the Evo in any of their TV commercials. It's the best thing they've got going for them.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 08:16 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I'm on my fourth Evo, but I've had a high opinion of Mitsubishi for over 20 years. They make OEM parts for a lot of other auto manufacturers. I also really like BMW. I used to like Honda as well, but they've done such a great job of trying to suck the life out of the brand in recent years.

In contrast to the OP, Mazda and Ford are brands I've never liked. Mazdas are opposite of Mitsu in that they're under engineered, outshined, confusing (RX-8) and/or marginal.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 09:12 PM

I just picked up a 2012 EVO MR (my wife may drive it also) myself...and am coming from a supercharged 99 MX-5. The little MX-5 was a blast to drive w/ the SC, but I never thought that I could have as much fun in a "4-door sedan" as I am having w/ the EVO.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:41 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Mitsu is a POS. Evo isnt
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by T6
Mitsu is a POS. Evo isnt
I wish the 1st part of your statement wasn't somewhat true lol

How can ONE car be so distant from the entire Company's line up