Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Owning an EVO has changed my perspective of Mitsubishi totally

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by T6
Mitsu is a POS. Evo isnt
Originally Posted by jazket
I wish the 1st part of your statement wasn't somewhat true lol

How can ONE car be so distant from the entire Company's line up
Originally Posted by kyoo
what? i still think all mitsus are junk apart from the evos
all true. i would never purchase a mitsu if it isnt an evo, plain and simple. An evo with bolts ons and a tune is a dream, once you get into some major mods, of course you run into a few hiccups but with that being said, i really love my X
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by T6
Mitsu is a POS. Evo isnt

Definitly not true when you compare trucks, IDK about othe Mitsu Cars but my Experience with Mitsu trucks is as follows. At the company i work at we USED to have all international Havester trucks, but we found that they brake down on the daily. Well we have switched now to the mitsu Family of trucks and honestly have never been happier we have 12 Mitsu trucks now and only 2 internationals left..Needless to say the internationals still break down on the reg while the mitsu Fuso Trucks only need brakes and oil changes, and while the international @88k miles needed to have turbos rebuild.... And thats not to mention the Actual prices for the parts for the international Trucks!!! We have a FM600 that has a $800 YES 800 BUCK Alternator!!! Oh wait they also updated it, so youll need the $120 buck harness too! Mitsu Fuso trucks are FAR Supreme to international trucks...

Funny thing about the Mitsu Fuso Truck Is the Turning radius, everytime i do a U-turn in my evo im like WTF why cant this do a turn around like the truck can...

Last edited by blowngasket; Mar 27, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blowngasket
Definitly not true when you compare trucks, IDK about othe Mitsu Cars but my Experience with Mitsu trucks is as follows. At the company i work at we USED to have all international Havester trucks, but we found that they brake down on the daily. Well we have switched now to the mitsu Family of trucks and honestly have never been happier we have 12 Mitsu trucks now and only 2 internationals left..Needless to say the internationals still break down on the reg while the mitsu Fuso Trucks only need brakes and oil changes, and while the international @88k miles needed to have turbos rebuild.... And thats not to mention the Actual prices for the parts for the international Trucks!!! We have a FM600 that has a $800 YES 800 BUCK Alternator!!! Oh wait they also updated it, so youll need the $120 buck harness too! Mitsu Fuso trucks are FAR Supreme to international trucks...

Funny thing about the Mitsu Fuso Truck Is the Turning radius, everytime i do a U-turn in my evo im like WTF why cant this do a turn around like the truck can...
interesting
Old Jul 1, 2012, 05:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Alien Visitor
I've seen a Delorean near that hospital several times. Welcome to the Evo family!
Yes, the DeLorean owner lives on Sunset rd just a few blocks from me, although I havent seen it lately...not sure if they sold it or w/e....dont see too many Deloreans around.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by formerRX8owner
I told myself i wouldnt mod my car....in my opinion it is plenty quick enough already, I dont track so i see no need to mod. Also I would like to keep it for a long time if possible so I want it as reliable as can be. Also can you imagine how much a stock pristine GSR would be worth in say 5-10 years....it would hold its value very well.

It's a win/win whether you descide to mod or not. As you said an unmodded/unabused evo will be still fun to drive and will have great resale value if that time comes. However these cars respond to mods in a way that most do not. Congrats on your purchase.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Between myself and my immediate family members we have had:
-3 or 4 1988-89 Starions/Conquests
-1991 Galant VR4
-1994 Galant GS (two of these)
-1995 Galant ES
-1996 Diamante
-2000 Eclipse GTS
-2001 Galant ES
-2002 Galant ES
-2003 Galant GTZ
-2007 Outlander
-2012 Evolution GSR

I think we like Mitsubishi's

Last edited by SpardaVR4; Jul 1, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 07:55 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I saw an outlander sport while test driving the evo x gsr recently and it is a pretty neat vehicle. nav is like the on the mr.