Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Owning an EVO has changed my perspective of Mitsubishi totally

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owning an EVO has changed my perspective of Mitsubishi totally

The Mitsubishi bug has surely bitten me...I cant believe how good a car this GSR is....1 year ago I would have NEVER EVER considered a Mitsu product....I was a HUGE Mazda and Ford fan. I have owned so many cars, so many different makes, but Mitsubishi cars are some of the best. I am so thankful that Steve Moyer Subaru in Reading, PA was not willing to treat me well. I was bent on an STi or WRX before knowing how great the EVOs were. THANKYOU STEVE MOYER SUBARU for not wanting to give me a testdrive at 20 minutes to closing time, and for not being willing to discount your car much at all, I was saved from owning something inferior to this Apex Silver GSR! Ive been looking at Outlanders as well....wow what great products! Too bad more people dont realize what top notch cars/SUVs these are....Mitsubishi....good times!!!!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

glad youve seen the light

pics?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

How do I post a pic, it says enter the URL...what is that all about....the small pic to the left is my 2011 GSR.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:41 PM
Account Disabled

I'm in canada.. and honestly mitsu hasn't represented well in this country untill recently.. back in the day the only mitsu's that we could get our hands on were dsm's Mirage = colts, dodge 2000gtx = galant eagle talon = eclips etc etc.. my family owned two dodge 2000 gtx's both sohc 2L engine models one was an auto the other was a manual. both were great.. they both went over 200km/hr they both would run the socks off most cars with similar engine size... They also handled amazingly! when i was 19(just got my licence) and driving wayyy to fast on to an on ramp i'd never been on before. with basicly a chicane to get people to slow down before the on ramp. I had like 0 sport driving experiance besides maybe a video game.. either way.. i didn't die and didn't even screech the tires. I'm sure if i had stomped on the breaks id have crashed.. but i just took the striaghtest line through and came out unscathed. hearth feeling like it should be blowing up all over the winshield.. but i made it through. After that point i wanted a mitsu.. however being in a family involved in the auto industry i started learning early on about cars and how they tick.. i always knew i wanted an EVO it didn't happen untill last year.. after nearly 15 years. If i could find a mirage turbo/colt turbo id buy it for my daily driver. untill then i'll daily drive my car.

PS the first mitsu dealer i went to gave me the cold sholder. ended up buying a volvo V70R (Amazing car!!! serioulsy loved it.. but my heart just wasn't in it.) drove it 6 months then realized i still really wanted an evo. Went to the other dealership in town and bought my car sight unseen. it was delievered 2 weeks late had two chips on the paint but only had like 4km's on it. I'ts name is "Michio" (road of life)
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ive been there myself. A self-proclaimed Mazdaholic, bought an STi, then an Evo and now in my second one.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:06 PM

I was really skeptical about Mitsubishi motors too. I had 3 hondas and a bmw.. When I was thinking about purchasing a new car last month, it was 335. I went to this European car dealer and while I was walking to the 335 I asked for... BOOM, there it was.. 2010 GG Evo X someone traded in...fell in love at first sight.. Test drove it went home and closed the 2 days after . Didnt even see the 335 i went there for... I LOVE THIS CAR!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I saw the light last year and bought a new 2011 GSR. I too agree that they have some great products. I really like the Outlander Sport. Imagine if Mitsu put the Ralliart drivetrain into it. And, like the OP, I was sold on Subaru's and really wanted an STi until the Evo bug bit.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by formerRX8owner
How do I post a pic, it says enter the URL...what is that all about....the small pic to the left is my 2011 GSR.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...k-warning.html
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Glad you all seen the light, but wait till you try to warranty something. The light will get dimmer. They are good cars if you take care of them and don't do stupid **** to them like done do.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Andy, that seems like alot of work...oh well, suffice to say my 2011 AS GSR is hot...!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

I'm on my fourth different gen of Evo, you just can't get a better all around car for the price.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:06 PM

Welcome to the family! You should love Mitsu for the evo but I don't think there's much else to love about them once u start modding lol.. unless you plan to buy an outlander too.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

I told myself i wouldnt mod my car....in my opinion it is plenty quick enough already, I dont track so i see no need to mod. Also I would like to keep it for a long time if possible so I want it as reliable as can be. Also can you imagine how much a stock pristine GSR would be worth in say 5-10 years....it would hold its value very well.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

first car an 05 RA' and my RA' want to EVOLVE to you know the rest of the story... ... Mitsubishi 4-LIFE... is not about having an awesome car, its all about having an awesome car that you enjoy and love to drive in every condition...
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Evos are awesome cars, I bought an VIII and now with my X words cannot describe how happy I am with this car, pure work of genius.

Quick Reply: Owning an EVO has changed my perspective of Mitsubishi totally