Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

strange issue with the x.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
strange issue with the x.

Hey guys, getting to work and trying to figure out what happened to her tomorrow,

a few weeks ago when i started the car, rpm would drop and pick back up to around 1000 in idle around 12 times, after a few seconds it would idle perfectly no matter if car was cold or hot, very rare would this happen.

with time it started happening more often, today once i started it up after having lunch, car was already warm, it started doing the same thing, so i figured let me move since im in a lot and it'll be alright, well car died and i kept starting it and moving it, it would drive 10 ft and die, then i stopped and let it settle. drove and drove, then all of a sudden on a normal drive home, driving at around 75 mph the car started misfiring and i noticed that when i stepped on the gas, it had nothing, so i threw it in neutral and it died, got it towed and its now home, popped gas hose off under hood and seems like fuel pump is sending fuel. anyone have any idea as to what this might be before i start checking it all?

im thinking of checking the injectors, IC pipes, fuses,

while i crank it almost seems like the car is in lazy mode, cranks very slowly and does not start up at all..

Thanks guys and any help is highly appreciated..
Old Apr 1, 2012, 10:35 PM

I remember reading up on something about a vacuum line right next to the dip stick and that being an area prone to problem. The line may pop out under hard driving. If you haven't checked that, give it a shot, it's very easy to see. The rough idle is the reported symptom.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 03:21 AM
Evolving Member

great will give that a go as soon as im off work, thanks =)
Old Apr 2, 2012, 03:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
also just check all the intercooler piping if you're losing air that was already measured by the maf it will go uber rich and not want to run... This may sound simple but you checked your battery/alternator and the connections correct?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 03:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's not a ton of information regarding the car, mods, miles, other changes.. so these are just wild guesses and places to start.

Check your vacuum lines and IC hoses. Have you swapped your fuel relay?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

Yes its got the green relay, mods are fp green, map dp, test pipe megan exhaust, fic 900, blaq ops w/ walbrO 255, exedy twin, afe intake, cobb thi, and a few others, ill be checking all your ideas later on today, , just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, i was thinking it had something to do with fuel since it started misfiring and it died, when i crank it cranks very very slowly so it might be that its not injecting fuel? Ill be checking ohms on all of them today, hope its something simple, once again thanks guys