Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Deal or no deal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2012, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deal or no deal

Should I get it or is this a bad deal?

http://www.billjacobsauto.com/vehicl...-il-id-1657362
Old Apr 6, 2012, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
N0 - you can get a '12 at this price
Old Apr 6, 2012, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^second that
Old Apr 6, 2012, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

but this comes with aero, leather, sound. Still not good?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

hey buddy, go to the websites i mentioned before in the price thread, and see what invoice is for the packages it has. It is actually a decent deal comparing to invoice pricing and MSRP, but then it comes to can you actually afford that much or do you have enough to put down to make it in a place you can afford?

Check it compared to Invoice pricing, can you afford it... those are the two main things. You will not get something with those options for that cheap, but you also have to be careful with those Illinois dealers... they tend to try and screw you over.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Its not a bad deal for having all those options
Old Apr 6, 2012, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wildcat Birdie
hey buddy, go to the websites i mentioned before in the price thread, and see what invoice is for the packages it has. It is actually a decent deal comparing to invoice pricing and MSRP, but then it comes to can you actually afford that much or do you have enough to put down to make it in a place you can afford?

Check it compared to Invoice pricing, can you afford it... those are the two main things. You will not get something with those options for that cheap, but you also have to be careful with those Illinois dealers... they tend to try and screw you over.
Sup man. You talking about this one? victorylaneimports.com
So do you think this is a good deal with all that package? I can also get a 2012 cheaper that this.
What do IL dealers do?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Dude, I have told you before, just go to White Bear Lake Mitsubishi. They have had 7 or 8 new Evos in different colors. They are $33,995 for a base GSR and the same price for ones with the sight and sound package. Plus, you would have to go out of state. Don't even think about avoiding sales tax on an out of state car. I bought my Evo in Houston, but had to pay the Minnesota sales tax which was about $2,200! Factor that into the price as well.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
Dude, I have told you before, just go to White Bear Lake Mitsubishi. They have had 7 or 8 new Evos in different colors. They are $33,995 for a base GSR and the same price for ones with the sight and sound package. Plus, you would have to go out of state. Don't even think about avoiding sales tax on an out of state car. I bought my Evo in Houston, but had to pay the Minnesota sales tax which was about $2,200! Factor that into the price as well.
Yea ill check it out. I usually use car.com so it never shows up in my search. The dealer in IL was telling me he didnt collect MN tax and I would have to pay that when I get to MN. Damn that is a lot, did you have to pay it in Houston or when you got back to MN?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try truecar.com for local deals
Old Apr 6, 2012, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks man
Old Apr 6, 2012, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

For my area that is a good price.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by khmerguyx
Yea ill check it out. I usually use car.com so it never shows up in my search. The dealer in IL was telling me he didnt collect MN tax and I would have to pay that when I get to MN. Damn that is a lot, did you have to pay it in Houston or when you got back to MN?
Out of state dealers do not collect Minnesota sales tax. That little gem comes when you go to register the car with the State of Minnesota to get your license plates. The dealer in Texas said my Texas temporary paperwork was good for 3 months. So, I drove around with Texas stickers in the windows and the Texas dealer info where the license plates go. Finally, I bit the bullet and paid up my money. It is a big bite here as you know. The only good thing is that you can claim that on your Federal taxes next year. For your search, just go to White Bear Lake Mitsubishi.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Good price for my area. I paid $30k for my 2010 with 11k on it in march.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by khmerguyx
Sup man. You talking about this one? victorylaneimports.com
So do you think this is a good deal with all that package? I can also get a 2012 cheaper that this.
What do IL dealers do?
IL dealers, like Bill Jacobs, tend to add quite a bit of dealer fees and all...

I think with everything in it, its a good deal all in all. If they keep it at that plus TTL, then its decent.

Quick Reply: Deal or no deal