Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

picking up evo or 370z.... any suggestion

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by way2low01
wife's 370z . my evo.
took out a couple word but that should answer your question
Old May 18, 2012, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had them both. 2010 Nismo 370 in pearl white, bought brand new December 2009 and my 2011 EVO X MR bought last fall brand new. Well, I sold the Z because I have an expanding family and wanted a back seat.

I love my evo. But I do miss the Z. The Nismo was my baby, always kept it super clean and waxed. The Evo likes to be dirty.

As far as a comparison, well driving wise, both are a blast to drive. The Z rear wheel drive fun and the EVO has great grip. The Z corners flat and stiff, the Evo feels soft and rolls more in comparison. The Z is a basic sports car, big motor up front, power to the rear wheels. The EVO has a lot of tech in the diffs and what not. Maintenance is going to be higher with the EVO, AWD turbo car versus NA coupe.

A BIG difference is the attention you got in the Z, lots of compliments/thumbs ups/smiles/females in the Z. The EVO only gets thumbs up from dudes in other Evo's. I don't really care about that, but, it's something I've noticed.

MPG- Z wins. I could get 30 mpg in the Z on the freeway. Only about 25 for the Evo, and that's crawling down I5.

Two different cars for people that want different things. You want something flashy and fun that will get the ditzy blondes attention? Get the Z. You want something practical that hauls ***** with four doors that you could actually sleep with that ditzy blonde in? get the Evo.

Last edited by TheOne123; May 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old May 19, 2012, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheOne123
I've had them both. 2010 Nismo 370 in pearl white, bought brand new December 2009 and my 2011 EVO X MR bought last fall brand new. Well, I sold the Z because I have an expanding family and wanted a back seat.

I love my evo. But I do miss the Z. The Nismo was my baby, always kept it super clean and waxed. The Evo likes to be dirty.

As far as a comparison, well driving wise, both are a blast to drive. The Z rear wheel drive fun and the EVO has great grip. The Z corners flat and stiff, the Evo feels soft and rolls more in comparison. The Z is a basic sports car, big motor up front, power to the rear wheels. The EVO has a lot of tech in the diffs and what not. Maintenance is going to be higher with the EVO, AWD turbo car versus NA coupe.

A BIG difference is the attention you got in the Z, lots of compliments/thumbs ups/smiles/females in the Z. The EVO only gets thumbs up from dudes in other Evo's. I don't really care about that, but, it's something I've noticed.

MPG- Z wins. I could get 30 mpg in the Z on the freeway. Only about 25 for the Evo, and that's crawling down I5.

Two different cars for people that want different things. You want something flashy and fun that will get the ditzy blondes attention? Get the Z. You want something practical that hauls ***** with four doors that you could actually sleep with that ditzy blonde in? get the Evo.
You just said that you kept you z clean and you keep your Evo dirty as hell of coarse no girls give you attention in the Evo. I keep mine clean as the board of health and every time I drive it men n women compliment me on it. Its not what you drive it's how you keep it, remember that. I'm also lowered with a do luck, my Evo breaks necks.
Old May 19, 2012, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

I'd have to mention that if you're 6' tall or more, you won't fit well in a 370z. A buddy of mine has a Nismo 370z and I always felt like I was climbing in and out of it.
Old May 19, 2012, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

370z... then i'll buy your te37sl and ARC intercooler. lol
Old May 19, 2012, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Although I like the design of these new Zs, they are not so good for track use and I think it's little awkward to pay $40k for a performance car that can't perform

New Z's brakes will fail on you at track..this is a known fact, these cars are not great track cars even the Nismo version fails after a few hard brakes
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...-lightning-lap

and their engine design is also not so good for keeping the temps low as a result you get very very high oil temps, which also makes this car unbearable at the track..google it and you will see zillions of threads and magazine articles

http://goo.gl/Dd2UG
Old May 19, 2012, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

This was my 370z when i had it....the Evo looks and performance alot better... /thread