Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

almost had a heart attack

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Noize
Wow. That really sucks! I would have not paid my last couple months rent and told them to take it out of the repair bill for destroying the front clip they never paid you for.
That was my *last* night at that complex, we were moving the last 6 boxes. I had bought my house 3 weeks before and had my rent paid until the end of the month. It's also why I never got notified they were re-paving. The office assistant thought we moved out already and didn't put the notice on our door.

To make it worse, the next week they hit us with "Repair Fees" for new carpet, and repaint that they had told us 3 weeks prior wasn't needed verbally because my wife had been in that apartment for 36 months, and with that long of a contract re-carpet and re-paint was included without charge.

They only did this because the complex manager had to meet with corporate about the police report. She was retaliating. I really should have taken them to court, but I was just so happy to have bought my house I just wanted to leave.

(sorry to have taken this . I'm just hoping the OP doesn't get screwed like I did)
Old May 18, 2012, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good news no heart attack today wife says car runs fine. From what I hear if it was damaged I would've known right away.
Old May 18, 2012, 08:44 PM

Usually tow yards have to take pictures of how the vehicle was towed, I'd ask for those
Old May 24, 2012, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GSRxJordans
Usually tow yards have to take pictures of how the vehicle was towed, I'd ask for those
Please name one jurisdiction that requires this. Yes, there are places where towing companies must take a picture to prove that the car was illegally parked, but I've never heard of a requirement to take a picture of the method of towing. Interesting.
Old May 24, 2012, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Please name one jurisdiction that requires this. Yes, there are places where towing companies must take a picture to prove that the car was illegally parked, but I've never heard of a requirement to take a picture of the method of towing. Interesting.
When my car got towed from my apartment complex, they did take pictures. Like you said one to prove I was one space over from marked "visitor" parking, and others to show how they hooked up and towed the car. We have 2 major tow companies that frequent University and campus. I'm assuming the "my car was damaged" claims were too frequent, so they started taking pictures. This was in San Antonio TX.
Old May 24, 2012, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ah. Now I get it. For future reference, there's a huge difference between a towing company taking a picture to protect itself from a suit and a jurisdiction requiring that towing companies take a picture of how they towed the car. For one thing, if the towing company only took the picture to protect itself, it will be much harder to force them to give you a copy.

as always: I am not a lawyer, but I can read