Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

almost had a heart attack

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
almost had a heart attack

So I wake up this morning at 4am cause I have to head to Dallas tx on business and to my surprise the evo was missing. So I immediately enter panic mode but I have a bus to catch so I gotta get going. before I filed a police report and after four long hours of wondering where my baby was I decide to call around to some places and turns out my apartment complex had it towed because my parking sticker was missing so although I was extremely pissed especially considering there are tons of people parking that don't even live there including someone right next to me that was missing a sticker I was still glad it was them and not some car thief looking for a joyride or to strip my car
Old May 18, 2012, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please tell me they towed it on a flatbed
Old May 18, 2012, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ityn
+1 Don't want this to turn into a "Help! Now my evo's making weird noises!" thread.

Glad your car wasn't stolen though
Old May 18, 2012, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

I'm glad u asked cause I was wondering that I'm not home so my wife is going.Is there anything I should look for to find out if they did. I don't want to leave and then have problems and they say it wasn't because of them. I would like to catch it early
Old May 18, 2012, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Think its gonna be bad news Bro cause 90% of the time they just reg tow trucks... I hate these apt complexes who do this predatory towing just to steal scrilla from people...
Old May 18, 2012, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Punctuation marks are your friend, friend.
Old May 18, 2012, 10:55 AM

you might still get that heart attack when you find out your awd system is messed up.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Better hope it was a flatbed, or else your awd system is done
Old May 18, 2012, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

heart attack turned suicide
pray to the gods.....
Old May 18, 2012, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

That is one of the reasons I will never live in a apartment complex. Nowhere to store your vehicles

They just sit out in the open exposed.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

seriously, F*ck apartment complexes. I was parked in my numbered, assigned, covered spot one night. My old complex towed my STi so they could repave. They *NEVER* notified me of the re-asphalting they were planning on doing.

The tow company used a flatbed but they F*cked up my car and did $2100 in damage, including destroyed an unreplacable JDM front lip. I ended up having to pay the deductible and the complex and tow company wouldn't do anything about the filed police report. It was one of the contributing factors that made me decide to sell my STi. I missed my JDM lip and couldn't get it anywhere. I just wanted to not think about it and have something new and shiny.

Hope you don't have to experience that I did. Stupid straps connected to my control arms to pull it on the flatbed, and they drug it onto the flatbed with the ebrake engaged.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:50 AM
Sev
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ityn
That's the first thing that came to mind after I read it too.

Let us know how it was towed.

Last edited by Sev; May 18, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 10evoxgsr
I'm glad u asked cause I was wondering that I'm not home so my wife is going.Is there anything I should look for to find out if they did. I don't want to leave and then have problems and they say it wasn't because of them. I would like to catch it early
Any cameras in the garage, any witnesses of the tow? Ask the person who called to have it towed what kind of bed they usually have on there trucks. Good luck!
Old May 18, 2012, 12:06 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlade
seriously, F*ck apartment complexes. I was parked in my numbered, assigned, covered spot one night. My old complex towed my STi so they could repave. They *NEVER* notified me of the re-asphalting they were planning on doing.

The tow company used a flatbed but they F*cked up my car and did $2100 in damage, including destroyed an unreplacable JDM front lip. I ended up having to pay the deductible and the complex and tow company wouldn't do anything about the filed police report. It was one of the contributing factors that made me decide to sell my STi. I missed my JDM lip and couldn't get it anywhere. I just wanted to not think about it and have something new and shiny.

Hope you don't have to experience that I did. Stupid straps connected to my control arms to pull it on the flatbed, and they drug it onto the flatbed with the ebrake engaged.
Wow. That really sucks! I would have not paid my last couple months rent and told them to take it out of the repair bill for destroying the front clip they never paid you for.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

They damaged my OEM mudflaps but at least they used dollies. 9/10 times they just towed it as is

Quick Reply: almost had a heart attack