Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

My new 2008 Evo X MR - Graphite Grey (GG)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yoshe200
get it tuned!
What he said ^^^ A good tune makes the best bang for your buck!
Old May 21, 2012, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SSPhantom
What he said ^^^ A good tune makes the best bang for your buck!
^Yea, i don't think i'm going to be putting mods on it anytime soon...but i'd like to get it professionally tuned.

What all with a dyne tune do for my car, given the fact that it's stock?
Old May 21, 2012, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UgoogaLizeR
^ Clifford:Viper
Lexus:Toyota
Which Clifford Alarm should i get if it is better than Viper?
Old May 21, 2012, 03:35 PM

congrats!! hid kit and hid fog your good to go!!
Old May 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CU125
^Yea, i don't think i'm going to be putting mods on it anytime soon...but i'd like to get it professionally tuned.

What all with a dyne tune do for my car, given the fact that it's stock?
Get a Cobb AP if you don't want to void the warranty, but tune is the first thing to do on 08 evos since factory tune is crap. Congrats on the car, I love GG
Old May 21, 2012, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dj_rock101
Get a Cobb AP if you don't want to void the warranty, but tune is the first thing to do on 08 evos since factory tune is crap. Congrats on the car, I love GG
What is a "Cobb AP?"

What's the usual rate for a tune?
Old May 21, 2012, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by g35couture
congrats!! hid kit and hid fog your good to go!!
Which specific kit do you suggest? Would you provide the link. Thanks.
Old May 21, 2012, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by CU125
What is a "Cobb AP?"

What's the usual rate for a tune?
Cobb access port. It's a tuner for your car. Google it. Lol
Old May 21, 2012, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats on the purchase from a fellow Philly guy!

I really hope you don't have to park that on the streets of Center City. I'd say that crime is higher outside of downtown (i.e. North, West and Southwest Philly) but an alarm is a good idea.

Also, if the warranty is still intact I'd shy away from "getting a tune" as many are suggesting. You've got 20,000 more miles where if the TC-SST fails or malfunctions, you are covered by Mitsu. Seems to be a bigger concern for the 08 owners since that was the first production year. I'd enjoy it for what it is then go big after the clock rolls over 60K.

Last edited by TheRedBaron; May 21, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old May 21, 2012, 07:58 PM
Account Disabled

since it's an 08.. might want to take it to a dealer and get all the TSB's Technical service bullitens delt with.. their free service just like a recall. you'll more than likely need new a new fuel relay anyways if you havent gotten on yet.

Deal with all the recalls and tsb's then find out from that dealer what they will warrany and what they dont.

the two dealers in my city will void the warrany if an ecu flashing product is used IE ECU Flash or COBB AP .. they also void the warrany if you take off the stock cat.

anyways i have a 2011 Evo MR with ZERO warrany stage 2 and tunned. feels great runs the pants off anything in it's price range.. only prob is the "Transmission Service required" light comes on Alll the time.. tired changing the trans fluid and filter , hasn't fixed it.. but still works fine it seems. funny how the light only comes on when i'm like rolling off the gas in 2nd gear. but at the track when it's obvioulsy hot hot hot.. no lights not even an over heat.

My point is... the Transmission is Kinda fickle.. technically great but has limits. just wish when the lights would come on it would give me a code that i could read via cobb ap . instead of just flashing on for a second then disipeering.

Take care of the new car and it will give you a Grin every time you take it out on the road.

Cheers
Old May 21, 2012, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats...plan on spending a week or two navigating through here to gain knowledge on your new ride...it'll be worth it...
Old May 21, 2012, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

2008 REPRESENT!!!!!!

Mod the hell out of it
Old May 22, 2012, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheRedBaron
Congrats on the purchase from a fellow Philly guy!

I really hope you don't have to park that on the streets of Center City. I'd say that crime is higher outside of downtown (i.e. North, West and Southwest Philly) but an alarm is a good idea.

Also, if the warranty is still intact I'd shy away from "getting a tune" as many are suggesting. You've got 20,000 more miles where if the TC-SST fails or malfunctions, you are covered by Mitsu. Seems to be a bigger concern for the 08 owners since that was the first production year. I'd enjoy it for what it is then go big after the clock rolls over 60K.
Thanks Man! I have a neighborhood parking permit Center City, so that's where I will be parking it. I'm in Old City, so there aren't to many hooligans running wild other than the Thursday/Friday/Saturday drunk people....which is why I park on side streets instead of on the main roads.

I really want to get garage parking but it's $225/mth...that's more than my insurance.

I purchased this from an Audi dealership as a trade-in...I am not aware of any Mitusishi warranties that my car is under. The dealer said it wasn't. My car has 39,500 miles on it.

I am taking it to RT Tuning in Lansdale, PA to have the drivetrain fluids, oil change, & oil filter replenished just to be safe.
Old May 22, 2012, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akemi27
Congrats...plan on spending a week or two navigating through here to gain knowledge on your new ride...it'll be worth it...
Yes, I have been on here for a week or two trying to gain as much knowledge as possible about the Evo culture. I am so excited to have my car. I feel like a kid on Christmas with his knew shiny toy!
Old May 22, 2012, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bowrepublik
since it's an 08.. might want to take it to a dealer and get all the TSB's Technical service bullitens delt with.. their free service just like a recall. you'll more than likely need new a new fuel relay anyways if you havent gotten on yet.

Deal with all the recalls and tsb's then find out from that dealer what they will warrany and what they dont.

the two dealers in my city will void the warrany if an ecu flashing product is used IE ECU Flash or COBB AP .. they also void the warrany if you take off the stock cat.

anyways i have a 2011 Evo MR with ZERO warrany stage 2 and tunned. feels great runs the pants off anything in it's price range.. only prob is the "Transmission Service required" light comes on Alll the time.. tired changing the trans fluid and filter , hasn't fixed it.. but still works fine it seems. funny how the light only comes on when i'm like rolling off the gas in 2nd gear. but at the track when it's obvioulsy hot hot hot.. no lights not even an over heat.

My point is... the Transmission is Kinda fickle.. technically great but has limits. just wish when the lights would come on it would give me a code that i could read via cobb ap . instead of just flashing on for a second then disipeering.

Take care of the new car and it will give you a Grin every time you take it out on the road.

Cheers
Any idea's on which dealer I should bring it to in the Philly area? What are the TSB's on an 08 MR...any idea's?

Like I said, I am going to have the drivetrain fluids & oil change with filter done at RT Tuning in Lansdale, PA for piece of mind. I want to make sure all of that is taken care of. They also said they will run a check to make sure everything else is looking good on the car.

Quick Reply: My new 2008 Evo X MR - Graphite Grey (GG)