Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

cost to install interior

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cost to install interior

I know this may sound like a crazy idea but I was wondering if anyone has a ballpark guess as to how much it would cost to purchase and install a full interior in a track evo x? I understand there would be a significant difference in cost between buying someone else's part-out pieces and ordering them new from mitsubishi, so if you have guesses for either, I'd appreciate it.

I know this plan is a bit crazy so let me give a bit of background info. There's a local guy on craig's list selling his show car with a stripped interior and it's been on the market for quite a while. I'm looking to upgrade from my s2000 to an evo x but I need a DD, not a track/show car so I rulled it out months ago. However, since it's been on the market for a long time, I've been wondering how much I would have to negotiate the price down with him to make it a worthwhile purchase for me.

I'm guessing that unless I can find someone who's stripping an evo for track duty who I can just buy the whole interior from, it will probably not be worth the trouble (which is fine) but I thought I'd ask around in case the cost was going to be somewhat reasonable (maybe in the under $5k range).

The car still has a full dash and steering wheel (not sure about passenger side airbag). What are the other major cost items? Back seat, passenger seat, maybe driver's seat, door panels/hardware... Everything doesn't have to be oem so if it's cheaper to get new carpet installed rather than ordering/buying OEM carpet, that's fine. If an aftermarket stereo and speakers is just as easy to put in and wire, also ok.

Has anyone on the boards done this before? I did a some of searching but didn't see anything that looked promising. How difficult an undertaking would this be to do the installation? How much would it add to the cost to get a local shop to help? Thanks in advance for the guesses, advice, speculation, etc. and try to keep the hating to a minimum, I'm not actually planning on doing this right now, just something in the back of my mind.

Mods, this was supposed to be in Evo X General (or show and shine or motorsports?), can you move it please?

Last edited by solitaire; Jun 8, 2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: supposed to be in Evo X General
Old Jun 8, 2012, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

probably going to take a ton of research on your part, or a call to your dealership, but here's a head start for your search:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...arts-list.html

no prices, but part #'s for your reference.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

There are member's that have been selling their interior in the classifieds section. If I was dealing with a stripped interior I would go with everything custom. That's just me, though. What front seats does the one have that you're looking at? If they're Bride GIAS seats I'd be willing to trade...
Old Jun 8, 2012, 04:45 PM

Thanks for the parts list.

I'm not sure what the driver's seat is, I haven't asked the guy. They don't have bride stitching on them but I don't know my seats. I'm not sure from the pictures but it doesn't look like there's a passenger's seat. You can take a look at the posting and take a guess.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3055552527.html

Honestly it's probably too expensive and a pita to do. I'll probably just keep looking for a low mileage evo with light mods. It does have some pretty sweet seibon cf parts though.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 05:07 PM

I called San Rafel Mitsubishi and talked to their parts department. Sounds like it would cost somewhere around $18k+ to buy a full interior at retail. Seats and airbags add up in cost pretty quickly. Sounds like the only way to do it would be to find someone stripping a car for track duty and buy their full interior in one shot.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

Stock X seat.