Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Would you buy this Evo X?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you buy this Evo X?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...23397122&Log=0

Okay i found this car on Autotrader and although it's listed as an MR something tells me this an SE (interior and the GSR grille). I checked the VIN and although according to the mitsubishi site it says it's an MR i can't believe someone would go through all that work to put in a different interior. Maybe it's an error. It's also obvious it's had some work done like the intercooler pipe and the aftermarket blowoff valve along with the wing. So i called the dealer and asked if they had the listing of all the mods/tuning done and they said that the customer took that paperwork with them after he sold it to the dealer. So my question is as a prospective buyer would you buy this and why or why not? The car is in Houston maybe someone on here knows who's car this is?

Last edited by shagjw; Jul 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 01:00 PM

ehhhhhh seams strange to me that they are saying its a MR but it has the GSR interior, I guess someone could have switched it out?! I would keep looking if i was you.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 01:06 PM

GSR interior? MR's came with cloth interior with the 2011 model year. I don't know about the 2010 model year however.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

If you read the free car fax it shows it has had 2 owners.... but if you look at the car fax it was sold on 9/27/10. It was also sold again at auction on 10/11/10 then 10/15/10 it was sold then 3/28/10 it was then sold at auction again and on 5/23/10 it was sold at auction again then 6/6/10 again. then on 7/13/10 sold again. Then the second owner had it since.... dealers really seem to be moving it around 60-90 days is an average turn around for a dealership... i know i work at one. There all under 30 days!? Thats weird! Its been driven by ALOT of people. Id be scared of it let alone the interior change? Just IMO

Edit: We have a dealer here in town with one for sale and its a 2010 with 10,520 miles white GSR and its 33,900... so the price is definitly cheap on that MR if it really is one.

Last edited by 06GraphiteEvoIX; Jul 3, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

It seems as if something is amiss.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 01:42 PM

This doesn't seem like an MR at all and there are a lot of weird things missing. The tail lights aren't the updated ones, the side window molding isn't chrome like on the MR, door panels don't come with the phantom black interior trim that are found on the MR. Looks like an SE with MR wheels...
Old Jul 3, 2012, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

could of been stolen.. Also could of been that an owner of a dealer took all the parts and swapped them for his personal evo.. I dunno it does seem strange.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

do not buy this car.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by efinirx8
This doesn't seem like an MR at all and there are a lot of weird things missing. The tail lights aren't the updated ones, the side window molding isn't chrome like on the MR, door panels don't come with the phantom black interior trim that are found on the MR. Looks like an SE with MR wheels...
^ This.

That's an SE with MR wheels and a very effing ugly-looking cf non-SSS wing slapped on the trunk... I'd stay away... look at the picture with the bbs wheels close-up, the rear rotors look banged up.

2010 Evos all brought black tail-lights (aka RA tail-lights)

Picture two shows no left muffler tip, but picture 9 shows one without oem chrome tip... looks like a custom-made, home depot single pipe exhaust =D

That same picture also shows the trunk has the SSS trunk-release button therefore this car must have Projectors and big spolier... SE didn't have the SSS package option did they? Heck, SE didn't even have FAST key...

Also look at Picture #4, driver-side, by the left of the steering wheel, there's a button for the ASC, next to it that looks like the Projectors level knob, but the car has Halogens...

Looks like this car was put together with random parts lmaooo....

I wouldn't touch it with a 100ft pole

Last edited by jazket; Jul 3, 2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
could of been stolen.. Also could of been that an owner of a dealer took all the parts and swapped them for his personal evo.. I dunno it does seem strange.
actually... THIS ^^^^

Looks like someone got a hold of this car and swapped big spoiler, black tail lights, hid-projector headlamps and God knows what else...
Old Jul 3, 2012, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea keep looking man.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

that car has a brand new ECU and rebuilt motor - the 1st owner trashed it, had a terrible tune (ECU was locked), and took all the MR bells and whistles before trading it in

second owner got screwed over hard as the ECU went to **** (had to buy a whole new one), the motor threw a rod through the block, and the clutches in the SST were slipping like hell (indicating he never tuned it properly or never got a tune at all)

call SSP-TX for more info, but this car was not treated well. It seriously made me want to go hunt down the original owner and shoot him - I've never seen an X treated so poorly...at least it has a built motor though (a beastly one at that)

call or email SSP-TX; just ask about Chris Gibson's car, David will know instantly
1-855-890-4772
sales@ssptx.com
Old Jul 3, 2012, 05:47 PM

So did it ever get tuned properly ... are you saying this car is worth the money now that it has a rebuilt motor or am i going to have the same issues. Thanks for the advice
Old Jul 3, 2012, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shagjw
So did it ever get tuned properly ... are you saying this car is worth the money now that it has a rebuilt motor or am i going to have the same issues. Thanks for the advice
I don't believe the SST was replaced, so that's the only major future issue - the rest that I listed was replaced. it wasn't until it was on the dyno being re-tuned that the SST clutches were found slipping

but the motor that went into it was supposed to be for the owner of SSP-TX (Eric) for a TX Mile build - nearly fully optioned, high budget, high power motor that was waited months for - but after what this owner had went through, we all felt bad for him. I can't describe the rage that I feel towards the original owner's treatment of this "MR"

so there's a lot of value in the build motor (still stock turbo). it's up to you if you're the kind of person who likes that for a project or wants a no-fuss clean X

ssp-tx has all the details. I forgot half-way through what else was done to the car
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:59 PM

Here in asia,that evo that posted on sale above is the same import version from japan,its basically a GSR spec and with a SST transmission,other then the transmission all the parts are same as the GSR,it does cause a bit confusion to me also last time,as i used to tought SST are only available on MR version.