Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Sliding Armrest for Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sliding Armrest for Evo X

First thing I noticed when I test drove an Evo X was the lack of elbow support for the front seats, since the center console armrest does not slide forward. What options are available to replace stock armrest unit with one that has more functionality and slides forward?

I found this one which looks nice: http://evosoulselect.com/review/archives/tag/arm-rest
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:13 PM

I would be interested in this too!
Had this in my Acura TL and I kind of miss it
I wonder if it'll get in the way of shifting for GSR though...
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

I have it in my Evo X, the quality is nice and it slides forward just enough to be comfortable and not get in the way of shifting.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HudsonFalcon
I have it in my Evo X, the quality is nice and it slides forward just enough to be comfortable and not get in the way of shifting.
How many inches does the armrest slide forward? I can't believe Mitsu did not account for such a basic amenity found in most modern cars. I can see where you could get elbow fatigue on long trips.

Anyways, I got a reply from Rick Chong who said his armrest unit costs about $170.00.

Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:51 AM

That armrest looks like the exact one that is in my 2010 Outlander. I wonder if they are interchangeable?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

I'd buy it...

someone research this cross-platform armrest, that'd be a bit cheaper than $170 i'd imagine.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so you lose majority of the storage space inside?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by m0nkie
so you lose majority of the storage space inside?

no, you just have an upper and lower compartment, very handy for smaller things.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats funny is there are alot of similarities with the EVO and Outlander Sport. Obviously not in the performance department. But there are alot similarities cosmetically. My understanding is Mitsu used a number of Evo parts for the Outlander Sport and it was built in the same plant (?). I wish they would have used the same arm rest. I liked the center console in the Outlander Sport.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by netjoy
How many inches does the armrest slide forward? I can't believe Mitsu did not account for such a basic amenity found in most modern cars. I can see where you could get elbow fatigue on long trips.

Anyways, I got a reply from Rick Chong who said his armrest unit costs about $170.00.

It slides forward about 3" and is really nice for resting your elbow on even cruising to the grocery store. I bought mine from Rainbow Pen Canada but everything ships from Malaysia so factor in shipping times. They only do business through Facebook and Paypal so you'll need a FB account if you don't already have one. There's also a Rainbow Pen US that's located in Puerto Rico. I've used them both and had better communication from their Canadian Distributor. I paid $100 shipped for mine.

Last edited by HudsonFalcon; Jul 20, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:07 AM
Evolving Member

It slides forward about 3" and is really nice for resting your elbow on even cruising to the grocery store. I bought mine from Rainbow Pen Canada but everything ships from Malaysia so factor in shipping times. They only do business through Facebook and Paypal so you'll need a FB account if you don't already have one. There's also a Rainbow Pen US that's located in Puerto Rico. I've used them both and had better communication from their Canadian Distributor. I paid $100 shipped for mine.
Is yours pretty much like this one with the extra compartment on top?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vastevo
Is yours pretty much like this one with the extra compartment on top?
Yes, It's exactly the same as what is pictured above.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, It's exactly the same as what is pictured above.
sold, but i looked on the fb page and couldn't figure out how to order...any tips?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vastevo
sold, but i looked on the fb page and couldn't figure out how to order...any tips?
Browse their photos and send them a PM/email of the item you want. I always gave them the photo number and category to avoid confusion.

He will give you his Pay Pal address, you make payment and in a few days he will post pics of your package and the shipping label.

Fairly simple and he's got good communication.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

Browse their photos and send them a PM/email of the item you want. I always gave them the photo number and category to avoid confusion.

He will give you his Pay Pal address, you make payment and in a few days he will post pics of your package and the shipping label.

Fairly simple and he's got good communication.
Thanks, I sent him a message for prices on the armrest and the center console with lid.

Quick Reply: Sliding Armrest for Evo X