Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Tomei catback came in the other day.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ti is known to be more rust and corrosion resistant than stainless steel.
However I understand why you wouldn't want to run it on snowy, salt covered roads during the winter. That's why I saved my stock cat back and it'll go back on when winter hits.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:49 AM

Nice video, I am placing my order for tomei in the next few days, I can't wait to get it installed. Is this with the Tomei Ti test pipe? Also what downpipe are you using?

I'm going for AMS wide mouth, ti test pipe and tomei end can. Just wondering how different it would sound to yours.

Congrats on the pick up! Sounds meSn.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Phenomenalz
Ti is known to be more rust and corrosion resistant than stainless steel.
However I understand why you wouldn't want to run it on snowy, salt covered roads during the winter. That's why I saved my stock cat back and it'll go back on when winter hits.
I guess but thats a lot of work lol. I have a Greddy evo 2 exhaust on my lancer and it been on there for 6+ years and no issues yet i think lol
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
That's a nice exhaust! Monies.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by E\/0 X
Nice video, I am placing my order for tomei in the next few days, I can't wait to get it installed. Is this with the Tomei Ti test pipe? Also what downpipe are you using?

I'm going for AMS wide mouth, ti test pipe and tomei end can. Just wondering how different it would sound to yours.

Congrats on the pick up! Sounds meSn.
In the video it's just the Tomei catback. Now I have an ETS test pipe. I bought the one from ETS because I wanted a wideband bung on it and I don't trust anyone in my town to weld one onto a tomei ti test pipe. I'll post a new video that I'm working on with the ETS test pipe and stock down pipe. It's LOUD.

My suggestion to you is to buy parts one at a time. The X doesn't get much louder than with a Tomei catback. You'll need to decide if you want to make it even louder with a test pipe or go with a HFC.

Originally Posted by BlueX702
That's a nice exhaust! Monies.
Thanks man.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:59 AM

[QUOTE=Phenomenalz;10350023]In the video it's just the Tomei catback. Now I have an ETS test pipe. I bought the one from ETS because I wanted a wideband bung on it and I don't trust anyone in my town to weld one onto a tomei ti test pipe. I'll post a new video that I'm working on with the ETS test pipe and stock down pipe. It's LOUD.

My suggestion to you is to buy parts one at a time. The X doesn't get much louder than with a Tomei catback. You'll need to decide if you want to make it even louder with a test pipe or go with a HFC.

Thanks for the info and suggestion! If I'm not mistaken the AMS wide mouth down pipe comes with an extra location for the wideband to connect up through? I'm no expert so I may be mistaken