Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

370z to Evo X, anyone make that move?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlade
LOL more mitsu's in getting fixed :-)

1) Evo's don't go into dealerships to get fixed, because Mitsu forgets what the term warranty means.

2) You don't see subaru's in the shop, because they are pushed out into the lot while their engines are at a builder because of the ringlands cracking :-)

I'm totally exaggerating. All cars have stuff go wrong, however, it's all in the driver knowing what is changing and addressing stuff quickly before it breaks stuff. But most Evo owners don't baby their cars. The Evo generally stands-up hard to the abuse too.

I owned an 05' STi. I loved it too. I'm happy with my X, and I feel the X makes more power on a lower budget than the STi with maintenance being way less of a PITA. But, if someone gave me a smokin' deal on a new STi (sedan, hate the HB) I would take it. I loved the scooby 6spd MT that's for sure. Scooby sounds better at idle too :-)

I do have a pretty good impression of the 370Z too. A friend has an anniversary edition. I really loved it. I would totally own one, i've just heard that once you do intake and exhaust and a tune, there really isn't a thing you can do to get more power out of them. Even long-tube headers are really expensive for such little gain.

I really don't think you can make a bad decision whether it's stay with the Z, go to a X or even an STi. But if you make a change, remember the X is a sexier looking car

+1
I Agree with blade, After a couple of performance parts you are stuck unless you turbo..which in X you have endless possibility. Even if you don't go into mod, snow is your best friend LOL ..
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Mocoman
Let's not forget the fact that upon purchasing an Evo, your ***** grows 1.4 inches over 3 weeks. That put's me at 2.5 and what a difference. All joking aside, buy one!

Evos are very reliable. Who ever said that is really misinformed. If you get one you will love it. It might not feel quite as fast just straight line speed, but once you get a tune it is a completely different animal.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tward
I currently own a 09 silver M6 370z touring model. Checking in to see if anybody has made the switch from a 370z to an Evo X, and if so why?
Preciate any feedback!
I did the jump from 350z to evo x. It's great! Though I still have the 350z

About the fact where evo is in the shop...it's not because it's getting fixed, but because it's getting built up to be a monster.

Last edited by Panda_stunter; Aug 3, 2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a 09 370 MT. I traded it that for a SRT-10 Ram and then traded that for the EvoX. Not saying the SRT-10 was bad, but i wish i would have went from the Cobalt that i had before the Z, to the Evo. I personally hated the Z. It was a impulse buy and i regretted getting it after a few months. The EvoX so so much better then the Z in every aspect.

I traded this...

for this...

then traded that, for this...

after paying $150 every 3 days in gas. I traded that for this...

And now it sits....without this....

Last edited by Snakes709; Aug 3, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 08:21 AM

I went from an 04 350z and loved the car it was alot of fun! It just wasnt practical to drive around all the time, it wasnt practical to mod because of the price of twin turbos, it didnt do well in snow so i changed over to a 11 evo X and havent looked back yet. I havnt driven the 370z but im more than posotive i would still be happy with the evo.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 08:35 AM

Lot of useful information, thanks guys. Now i just have to get it past my father that its in his and my best interest to trade out the Z for the Evo X, hopefully he understands where i am coming from.

About the Z not gaining much power after exhaust and intake is very true. Since i am a college student, even a single turbo is out of the question for me due to cost.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 08:38 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ean-title.html

I have really been looking at this evo x for sale on the forum. Looks really clean and love the marroon red with black accents. What do you guys think?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what exactly are you looking for in the car??
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:53 AM

M6 tran, leather seating, probably black white or red in color.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
For as much as people hate on Mitsu's warranty coverage, I've had great experiences when it comes to warranty repairs, stock and modified, with both my IX and X.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:11 PM

I went from an 05 350z to an 06 IX. A little different than your situation, yet some what similar. I bought the Z brand new and sold it January for the Evo. Both had mods. The only things I miss about my Z is it's shape and response, but that's a given when comparing an n/a car to a turbo car. The evo isn't ugly IMO, but as far as shape goes I give it to the Z.

The evo on the other hand has far more advantages. AWD, more room, easier and cheaper to make power, better seats etc.

my Z 371hp 391tq on a dynapak 100 shot n2o
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
by M6 u mean manual 6 speed?? and idk about what others would say but I would maybe stay away from 2008 model year due to the timing chain problem...few and far between but was solved in later years...just my 2 cents

Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Wait, by "M6 tran" you mean 6sp Manual Trans?

You can not get the Evo with that.

MR: has SST twin-clutch type 6sp. It's more like an auto with no clutch pedal, but it uses paddle shifters and drives more like an auto (but it's way nicer than the a crappy CVT that comes with most automatic cars now a days)

GSR: 5sp MT. IMO the 5sp is geared too short, but it has rally roots and rally cars tend to be short geared for need. It's not bad, just a little notchy (which there are some fixes for) but it's definitely not as friendly as an aggressive-overdrive 6spd MT like the STi, Vette, VW, or Z.

EDIT:
LOL someone beat me to it
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
For as much as people hate on Mitsu's warranty coverage, I've had great experiences when it comes to warranty repairs, stock and modified, with both my IX and X.
I agree. I took my Evo IX in for a few minor things (alignment at <1,000 miles, fuel door clip at ~45,000 miles) without any real hassles.

Most people who have bad experiences are either dealing with completely horrible and/or mod-unfriendly dealerships or did something that was their fault, meaning that the warranty claim was made out of poor judgment or extreme modifications, or they just didn't have paperwork to show that they had done the mandatory services. The lady I spoke with who had to deny the claim said that their requests were simple, and they would have accepted receipts showing the purchase of whichever parts and fluids since they claimed to have done the services on their own, but they couldn't prove anything but gave bogus hand-written receipts.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Had an 09 370 a few years ago. X is hands down a better all around car

Quick Reply: 370z to Evo X, anyone make that move?