Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

370z to Evo X, anyone make that move?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 06:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
370z to Evo X, anyone make that move?

I currently own a 09 silver M6 370z touring model. Checking in to see if anybody has made the switch from a 370z to an Evo X, and if so why?
Preciate any feedback!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are a couple of guys on here recently that made the jump...I dont remember who tho :x Here is one just from a quick search..
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...highlight=370z
Old Aug 3, 2012, 06:26 AM

Preciate the link, i will read it over. Trying to get to 15 posts right now so i cant talk to some people in the for sale market
Old Aug 3, 2012, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Too....
Old Aug 3, 2012, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
You won't regret the move; faster, better handling, and more practical
Old Aug 3, 2012, 06:53 AM

Sounds like i cant go wrong lol. Before i purchased my 370z i was looks at the new 12 sti sedan and the evo x. I had heard a saying that you will see more evos in the mechanics shop getting fixed than out on the road. How reliable are they if you dont do much other than bolt ons?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
You won't regret the move; faster, better handling, and more practical

+1

370z is nice, but having a better performing sports car with 2 extra doors/seats speaks volumes.

Also thought about a Sti, but the Evo outperforms that as well.

I have bolt on's, drive my car spiritedly, and never had a single issue. Anyone saying that Evo's are in the mechanics more than on the road are just jealous that they purchased the wrong car.

Last edited by Mikey6273; Aug 3, 2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LMAO I just peed a little...

Originally Posted by TheBlade

Too....
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mikey6273
+1

370z is nice, but having a better performing sports car with 2 extra doors/seats speaks volumes.

Also thought about a Sti, but the Evo outperforms that as well.

I have bolt on's, drive my car spiritedly, and never had a single issue. Anyone saying that Evo's are in the mechanics more than on the road are just jealous that they purchased the wrong car.
Thanks for the respone on that. I am a college student and the two seater isnt really practical for a dd, plus i cant get my road bike anywhere with the Z.
Sounds like i have no reason not to swap to the Evo hmmmm....
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Nothing holding you back brother. Make the move if you can, you won't regret it.

but beware of the dreaded rock chips!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by tward
Sounds like i cant go wrong lol. Before i purchased my 370z i was looks at the new 12 sti sedan and the evo x. I had heard a saying that you will see more evos in the mechanics shop getting fixed than out on the road. How reliable are they if you dont do much other than bolt ons?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume whoever said that either owns a Subaru or just isn't a big fan of Evo's in general. However, you are on an EVO forum so of course we're going to tell you to buy one . I've had mine for a little over a year and absolutely love the car. Even if you don't mod, it's a great vehicle and for very little cash you can get into the 320+ WHP range. My uncle is an engineer for Nissan and obviously loves his nissan cars, but was almost as excited as I was when I got my Evo. Wish you the best of luck and post some pics when you get the car
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

LOL more mitsu's in getting fixed :-)

1) Evo's don't go into dealerships to get fixed, because Mitsu forgets what the term warranty means.

2) You don't see subaru's in the shop, because they are pushed out into the lot while their engines are at a builder because of the ringlands cracking :-)

I'm totally exaggerating. All cars have stuff go wrong, however, it's all in the driver knowing what is changing and addressing stuff quickly before it breaks stuff. But most Evo owners don't baby their cars. The Evo generally stands-up hard to the abuse too.

I owned an 05' STi. I loved it too. I'm happy with my X, and I feel the X makes more power on a lower budget than the STi with maintenance being way less of a PITA. But, if someone gave me a smokin' deal on a new STi (sedan, hate the HB) I would take it. I loved the scooby 6spd MT that's for sure. Scooby sounds better at idle too :-)

I do have a pretty good impression of the 370Z too. A friend has an anniversary edition. I really loved it. I would totally own one, i've just heard that once you do intake and exhaust and a tune, there really isn't a thing you can do to get more power out of them. Even long-tube headers are really expensive for such little gain.

I really don't think you can make a bad decision whether it's stay with the Z, go to a X or even an STi. But if you make a change, remember the X is a sexier looking car
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by tward
I had heard a saying that you will see more evos in the mechanics shop getting fixed than out on the road. How reliable are they if you dont do much other than bolt ons?
44k miles, daily-driven, 416whp; that speaks volumes if you ask me. Another local is around 55k miles and another around 65k and they're both in the same boat

Like any other car, it will treat you how you treat it. Keep it properly maintained, have it professionally tuned, modify it with quality parts, and you'll be fine. If you choose to leave it stock then you'll really have absolutely nothing to worry about considering the 5/60 powertrain warranty.

Last edited by Kracka; Aug 3, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:32 AM

While this isn't 100% on topic, I made a very similar move last year. I had a 2008 350z, and hated how impractical that it was. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice car, but the 2 seats thing killed me. I ended up trading my Z in for a 2005 Evo 8, and I haven't looked back since. The Evo has been absolutely fantastic! You definitely won't regret the move.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:42 AM

Let's not forget the fact that upon purchasing an Evo, your ***** grows 1.4 inches over 3 weeks. That put's me at 2.5 and what a difference. All joking aside, buy one!

Quick Reply: 370z to Evo X, anyone make that move?