Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

DTC - U0121....Need a little help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DTC - U0121....Need a little help

Hey guys

I bought an 08 GSR that has was running on an AEM series 2 standalone. The car when I bought it was throwing several codes and I chalked it up to the custom install on the AEM.

I had modern automotive remove the AEM and I am back on the stock ECU now. I also had an alignment done and swift springs installed.

Now I am getting an ABS light and ASC off light and AYC check light.

I went to Oreilly and used their code reader and I got the U0121 code. Seems that this is the ASC-ECU time out code.

Could this be caused by needing to have the steering angle sensor and the yaw rate sensor calibrated. When the car was at MAP they said they were getting codes for those two sensors but I didnt get anything but the u0121 code from the cheap scanner at Oreilly.

I am on the edge of just buying a freaking MUT-3 tool because the closest Mitsu dealer to me is 175 miles one way.

I realize this is a tough one and there may be multiple problems here but I need a shove in the right direction.

Also if anyone could recommend a good dealer in MN or WI that is trustworthy I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2012, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talk about buying someone else's problems with a used car :-/
That totally sucks. I'm really surprised they went to an aftermarket ECU since the OE one is so nice.

Anyhow, sorry I'm of no real help in this case. Good luck!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheBlade
Talk about buying someone else's problems with a used car :-/
That totally sucks. I'm really surprised they went to an aftermarket ECU since the OE one is so nice.

Anyhow, sorry I'm of no real help in this case. Good luck!
The car is heavily modified , I knew what I was getting into but I didnt realize that every Mitsu dealer within 175 miles of me had closed. That is a problem as this car is loaded with tech and you need the tools to work on it.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if so heavily modified the dealership might not be a solid choice either, unless you want to revert a lot of things back over.

Did you buy this as a track car?

Maybe the previous owner can steer you in the right direction. I know when I sold my STi I told the buyer they could contact me any day if they had questions or needed to know specific tuners I had worked with.