Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

KW's, Multi Pro R1's or Stance Pro Comp????

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnr352
The boxer is a dog, right?
We drive Evos, not STis. You gotta think outside the boxer around here.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha yes she my beast of a boxer..115 pounds lol..
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok so going in on mon to have my kw's put in! already im looking toward the next mod which will be exhaust. i keep going back and forth about going single tip or double. i like the look of the dual but hear u lose performance with it. if thats true just how much? as for going with dual tip i like the looks of the Agency Power Ti Tip Dual Catback Exhaust and saw a clip of it on a dyno. sounds pretty mean, looks good and they claim descent whp increase. but it has a Y config for the piping underneath which i have read somewhere u want to stay away from...and the dyno they ran it on was using a test pipe which i know i should stay away from since my evo is a DD and dont wanna sound like a buzz bomb going down the road and gas myself out as well as the cop sitting behind me. ok so flip side i was looking at the tomei set up which i get a nice warm and fuzzy feeling about. good reviews, light weight and they claim excellant whp gains but also using a test pipe. if i went this way i would sub out the test pipe with a high flow. which i think i can do with the AP as well. besides cosmetic differences between the 2 aka single/dual tips, whats the pros vs cons between the 2 set ups? looking for some presonal experience here.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not a good person to ask regarding exhausts. We run two. One normal - a 3" straight pipe off the the DP, no cat, no resonator, no mufflers of any kind. It weighs maybe 9 lbs, the whole thing, and is loud, wildly so. A full tilt though, it screams and makes young men salivate and women go weak at the knees.

Number 2 is a twin tip with two small mufflers and a resonator, it weighs about 30 lbs. The tips point downward to deflect the noise. We use this exhaust for races at Lime Rock Park. The track is restricted on many days to 86 db at 50 feet. We have a dedicated tune map for the exhaust, otherwise we would lose about 15 hp.