Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

KW's, Multi Pro R1's or Stance Pro Comp????

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KW's, Multi Pro R1's or Stance Pro Comp????

I have a 2012 evo x gsr and looking to do a 2 to 2.5 inch drop. Been researching coilovers now for the last month. Based on my research and talking to people ive narrowed my search down to KW variant 3's, stance pro comps or eibach multi pro r1's. Although ive found that there arent really any reviews for the eibachs...i like that they r made and tested in the usa and have seen pics of the factory where they r made. Plus at roughly 1800 for them seems more appealing to me then the 2400 KW variant 3's. I dont track my car and not sure if i ever will. But everything i plan on doing to my car i plan to do quality. But i dont see the point in wasting my money to reach my goals if i dont need to. I feel the Kw's might be a little over kill. As for the stance pro comps, i hear they r being discontinued....I still need to call them and find out. If anyone has feed back or personal experience please let me know as im ready to get this done and tired of going back and forth about which ones to get.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I might suggest, as part of your analysis,you consider resale as well. Pick a manufacturer and configuration that is well known and if you decide to upgrade the sale process will be simpler and more successful. Like you said, the Eibach is not too well known (though of course the springs are). The others have a better track record. And, of course, as is the case with most things, you get what you pay for.

You might look at the JRZ model options as well.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:51 AM

thanks for the input. i think im going to just spend the money and go with the KW's. they r warrantied for life, have a good rep and from everything ive read seem to be a pretty good product. usuallly cant go wrong with german engineering haha. one of the thing i did look at was the amount of drop u get with them and depending on who u buy them from, claims a different lowering range then what the KW site says...first time ive lowered any vehicle so not sure what to expect but im lookin to drop 2 to 2.5 inches. basically as low as i can go without having to roll my finders. i saw a pic on here of a guy with a white gsr with the kw's and it looked perfect. so now just a matter of who im going to buy them from and hopefully they got em in stock. any suggestions?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Good choice. We. Ue their V3 Race version for the racecar and they work well. Not sure where you are located but maybe order them from the shop that will do he install. They'll love you all the more and will likely price them competitively as they'll get the labor too.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

I just bought Fortune Auto 510s. Street valving, swift springs (8/9k), and rear helpers. let me tell you- worth every penny. you can slam the car as low as you want (not kidding), or lift it in the winter.

the comfort is second-to-none. its honestly unexplainable how awesome they are. theyre also rebuildable. the ultra-double-digressive piston is such a good design, also, theyre monotube.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolution Z
I just bought Fortune Auto 510s. Street valving, swift springs (8/9k), and rear helpers. let me tell you- worth every penny. you can slam the car as low as you want (not kidding), or lift it in the winter.

the comfort is second-to-none. its honestly unexplainable how awesome they are. theyre also rebuildable. the ultra-double-digressive piston is such a good design, also, theyre monotube.
But do you like them?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

i was speechless on my first drive with them. i was so nervous. i was comletely blown away by them. so do i like them? no. i LOVE them. worth every cent

-Great user comfort
-Awesome valving adjustability
-the UDDP characteristics are so unique, they make for a perfect DD and track car
-Height adjustability range is ridiculously big
-great performance in the corners after an alignment was done
-easy install
-easy maintenance
-I can have them rebuilt in the future if I want to
-and the car looks sick

Last edited by Evolution Z; Aug 6, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

i cant upload pics (im at work right now), pm me and ill gve u my fb name, i have pics of the install, before, and after on there

ps- Fortune Auto has great customer service, tech help, and a great rep

pps- the ONLY thing, idk if youre concerned with, is pricing... i did pay less than $2k for the set though, so its not bad

Last edited by Evolution Z; Aug 6, 2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

I know you mentioned you don't plan to track the car but you might want to at some point and so you might stick with a name and set up that is track worthy. The KWs are certainly in that camp, Ohlins, JRZ, a bunch of good options. You are doing the right research though I know there's a reflex to just pull the trigger. Resist that and find a setup that's slightly better than you currently want/ need so it can grow with you as your skill with the car improves.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 08:16 AM

I am partial to the KWs.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 07:04 AM

Ok so i pulled the trigger and went with the KW's and pretty sure i got a good deal on them for about 2250 delivered...was the cheapest i could find that were in stock and that was from a reputable company. My Injen Sp cold air intake+upper pipping kit as well as eibach anti roll kit came in yesterday! Looking forward to the eekend to install the cold air intake but gonna have the KW's and anti roll installed by a professional....
Old Aug 8, 2012, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Nicely done. You'll be happy.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 09:16 AM

So couldnt stand just having the injen box just sitting in my garage so i went ahead and put it in yesterday lol...after the install i reflashed my ecu with the cobb accessport to the Stage1+SF 93 v201. what a diff! i figured there would be a nice increase but dam i was pretty blown away by just how much i got. night and day diff in throttle response. the turbo has a sweet whine to it with a nice blow off woosh sound. the car just pulls like no other now. no other mods except this and the cobb reflash. not sure if im actually getting better fuel economy but according to my eco readout its reflecting better miles to the gallon so will just have to wait and see. the install took about 2.5 hours start to finish with a few interuptions aka my boxer pissed in the kitchen floor cause she was pissed i wouldnt let her hang out in the garage with me lol. first time ive ever installed this so kinda noob but im pretty mechanically inclined and the instructions that came with it were pretty decent. kit had all the screws and pieces but only gripe i have is they put the injen logo on the wrong side of one of the pipes. not a deal breaker but im kinda **** about stuff like that. was able to peal it off then scrape the 3m double stick tape off and reapplied new tape and stuck it back on the correct side after it was installed so no issues. i dont have experience with any other brands of air intakes but i can say that the one i got is the shizzz. my KW's v3 should be in next week so lookiing forward ot that. maybe by next weekend ill be sittin a few inches lower to the ground. aftrer that gonna let the smoke clear and check my funds. next will be exhuast. really diggin the tomei set up. gonna go single tip. only thing is it only comes with test pipe so willbe swappen it out with an ets high flow 200cell. anyone have xp with this? let me know...
Old Aug 9, 2012, 03:53 PM

you'll love the KWs! and the tomei isn't bad either as say this as one who got the same parts hehe
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

The boxer is a dog, right?

Quick Reply: KW's, Multi Pro R1's or Stance Pro Comp????