Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

"Ebay" Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is way OT, but, yes, I got the Pokemon reference. I am also fluent in Bakugan, Yu-Gi-Oh, and a few others, due to having a son. I was friends with Gary Gygax in the 80s and have tried to keep up.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
A lot of eBay exhausts are, meh.. As the OP said, they have that "Honda Sound" to them..

If you are fine with how crappy it could sound, the only things you need to worry about would be crappy fitment that leads to leaks or making it look dumb because the alignment is so far off, or the welds snapping..

I know you said its temporary, the usual problem is the middle section hangs really low and can can scrape on something..
Old Sep 5, 2012, 04:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
Plus, please note that the proper placement and sizing of a resonator can make a huge difference. The Agency Power Y-exhaust doesn't have one. This one does. It will probably drone like a pack of Tracker Jackers chasing down a Career, as my 12-year-old daughter would say, but it might not. Worth trying if it isn't your last $400.

[See, I might be almost 50, but I'm still hip.]

[Or do people not say 'hip' any more?]
As Huey Lewis once said... "It's hip to be square"

And I think the only hip us young people say is hip hop, and I think that is even starting to decrease and just be rap. Or rappers talking about wanting to see the ladies' hips swing
Old Sep 5, 2012, 04:41 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildcat Birdie
And I think the only hip us young people say is hip hop, and I think that is even starting to decrease and just be rap. Or rappers talking about wanting to see the ladies' hips swing
[OT] If I may, Hip Hop is the culture, the social and (at times) physical orientation, and Rap is the music that stems from the event. Of course, I'm another guy approaching 50, albeit, with a massive record collection. [/OT]
Old Sep 5, 2012, 04:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
[OT] If I may, Hip Hop is the culture, the social and (at times) physical orientation, and Rap is the music that stems from the event. Of course, I'm another guy approaching 50, albeit, with a massive record collection. [/OT]
That may be... but the kids these days don't know how to use words correctly, spell correctly, or have any semblance of grammar. So while I sit here at about half of your age, even I say, "Kids these days."
Old Sep 5, 2012, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wildcat Birdie
That may be... but the kids these days don't know how to use words correctly, spell correctly, or have any semblance of grammar. So while I sit here at about half of your age, even I say, "Kids these days."
That's because certain kids use the words "lol", "yolo", sawg", "omg" in everyday life. I'm only 21 but never say them when I'm physically talking to. Texting and interestm I'll say haha to convey laughter
Old Sep 5, 2012, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xTiCkxMYxLaInTx
That's because certain kids use the words "lol", "yolo", sawg", "omg" in everyday life. I'm only 21 but never say them when I'm physically talking to. Texting and interestm I'll say haha to convey laughter
Anybody who says yolo deserves to get knocked out. That is such a stupid thing. "You only live once." Yeah thanks, didn't know that already. I wonder how people who believe in reincarnation feel about that one. Yolo... so stupid. I see too many facebook posts of people doing something stupid and then putting #yolo after.

/rant. OK sorry about that. I am calm now. ****ing yolo... that is so ****ing dumb I can't handle it anymore. I just want to rampage.

/rant (That escalated quickly)

Note: I am really not that bad, just a bit of a joke.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

I didnt even know WTH yolo was lol but yea it is pretty stupid and annoying.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

[OT] Yolo is pretty much going out of style...but it's still very annoying. Yolo isn't an excuse to go act like an a**. Everyone says swag now. I always tell people that swag was invented in the 1960's by a bunch of gay people. It stood for secretely, we are gay. They would post pictures for events that said swag on it so people would know where gay orgies were going on.

Edit: Disclaimer: I have no problem with anyone being gay. What you do is what you do.

Last edited by xTiCkxMYxLaInTx; Sep 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by xTiCkxMYxLaInTx
I always tell people that swag was invented in the 1960's by a bunch of gay people.
So, the stuff we all get from you is a slightly warped history lesson based more on Wikipedia entries than having been there.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

a pipe is a pipe is a pipe. had my ebay'ish erz exhaust for about 70k miles now and not once did anybody say that my exhaust sounded honda like.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
So, the stuff we all get from you is a slightly warped history lesson based more on Wikipedia entries than having been there.
No, I made it up so that people would stop saying SWAG near me. It's annoying.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 01:33 AM

Ive run many of ebay exhausts without a problem, now ebay headers are a different story.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by imdrax
Ive run many of ebay exhausts without a problem, now ebay headers are a different story.
I would never get the headers -_-
Old Sep 7, 2012, 01:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...irt-cheap.html

Quick Reply: "Ebay" Exhaust