Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

"Ebay" Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Ebay" Exhaust

I ordered a CBE off a site because I was curious to see how an "ebay": exhaust would work out. It features:
  • High Quality T-304 Stainless Steel with Mandrel Bend
  • 4" Burnt Tip Dual Muffler. Approximate 3" Inlet & Pipe
  • Direct Replacement of OE Stock Exhaust
  • All System Supplied with a Removable Silencer
  • CNC Machine Flanges with TIG and MIG Welded Construction
I'm curious to see how it will perform. The best part was it was only $319 shipped. I read somewhere that the only mods you should buy off ebay/amazon/etc is an exhaust. Just wondering what ya'll thought. Depending on this goes, I'd be looking to purchase a downpipe/test pipe (pm me if you wanna sell either)

Edit: Link to Exhaust

Last edited by xTiCkxMYxLaInTx; Sep 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks decent...idk about the last few lines in the description tho....no instructions included, talk to muffler shop if you have questions..and professional instalation required...makes it sounds like its gonna have to be hammered in to place...good luck man let us know how it goes!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

They always recommend professional installation.

However, for just a bit more you could have bought the invidia and its probably quite a bit better than this unit. I guess time will tell if the thing holds up. If the welds break and a muffler goes flying down the street, I guess you will have your answer
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ogrenator
Looks decent...idk about the last few lines in the description tho....no instructions included, talk to muffler shop if you have questions..and professional instalation required...makes it sounds like its gonna have to be hammered in to place...good luck man let us know how it goes!
My friend owns an exhaust shop. Installation shouldn't be much of an issue. Instructions are pretty straight forward as well.

Originally Posted by joeyhauser
They always recommend professional installation.

However, for just a bit more you could have bought the invidia and its probably quite a bit better than this unit. I guess time will tell if the thing holds up. If the welds break and a muffler goes flying down the street, I guess you will have your answer
Yeah every item reccomends the professional installation. Just companies protecting themselves. I saw the Invidia one as well, if this one doesnt work out, I'll try that next. I just want to see how these cheaper exhausts hold up compared to the $1000 systems on the market.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks like an Agency Power clone with a resonator. Unless said resonator is well-place and well-designed, it's almost definitely going to drone.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Looks like an Agency Power clone with a resonator. Unless said resonator is well-place and well-designed, it's almost definitely going to drone.
Thats the result of sound waves traveling through the air and vibration that is transferred through a vehicle's frame, body and components or parts I presume? ... I got some Sound-Proofing Materials I have been wanting to try out from a new vendor here
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:25 AM

I bought exhaust through this company for my old eclipse. Install wasnt bad the headers had to be redrilled. Exhaust was easy bolt on for the most part fitment was decent. Sound was pretty good although reminded me of a honda. With the resenator tip sounded like a motorcycle. Price to quality cant beat it. Ships fast looks great. There customer service is decent too.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xTiCkxMYxLaInTx
Thats the result of sound waves traveling through the air and vibration that is transferred through a vehicle's frame, body and components or parts I presume?
Given that the only alternative is that the sound waves teleport into the ear through the ether like a magic user in Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, yes, that's how you end up hearing the drone when sitting inside the car. But that isn't how the drone got started. The drone got started when the exhaust gasses suddenly dropped in speed when they reached the Y, where the effective cross-sectional area of the exhaust suddenly doubled. Moronic design. Only excuse is that the people selling these things have stock in Excedrin.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

lol iowa^^
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Lmao and iowa drops yet another knowledge bomb!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Given that the only alternative is that the sound waves teleport into the ear through the ether like a magic user in Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, yes, that's how you end up hearing the drone when sitting inside the car. But that isn't how the drone got started. The drone got started when the exhaust gasses suddenly dropped in speed when they reached the Y, where the effective cross-sectional area of the exhaust suddenly doubled. Moronic design. Only excuse is that the people selling these things have stock in Excedrin.
Well now I know. Damn magically abilities I have. I appreciate the support in this response. Gives me a whole new outlook as to how the exhaust drone works. I guess I'll trade in my dungeons and dragons cards for some pokemon cards and have jigglypuff sing you a lullaby.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ /thread
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Haha let me just make it clear that I'm doing this soley for the purpose of seeing how the exhaust will function. Then I can write up a review and pics so others can see as well since everyone asks about it
Old Sep 4, 2012, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Plus, please note that the proper placement and sizing of a resonator can make a huge difference. The Agency Power Y-exhaust doesn't have one. This one does. It will probably drone like a pack of Tracker Jackers chasing down a Career, as my 12-year-old daughter would say, but it might not. Worth trying if it isn't your last $400.

[See, I might be almost 50, but I'm still hip.]

[Or do people not say 'hip' any more?]
Old Sep 4, 2012, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the help Iowa... not sure if you got my pokemon reference now haha. I'll get some pictures and videos for ya'll as well. It's not my last $400 and by no means is this permanent...Just wanted to see. And you're always Hip in my book

Quick Reply: "Ebay" Exhaust