Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

List of pros and cons!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
List of pros and cons!

I know there was just a post recently where someone asked people to list which year they recommend and why, I am more looking for a "list" of pros/cons of years, what they added/took away each year for the X's, or if this list already exists can someone give me the link? I have look everywhere and cant find anything.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...fferences.html
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah there was a really good thread about this a few weeks ago...but now its MIA...dude in that thread points that out as well
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:12 PM

2010 would be a good year to get if you are buying used. The 08 has that ugly orange display screen.... and the 11's and 12's are basically identicle to the 10.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
^^ not really. I would go for a 2011 if I had to do it all over.. There are many different things that Mitsu changed with the 2011+ models, albeit small changes..

Last edited by ugakirk; Sep 18, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:28 AM

i agree, 2011+ are great years for the evo. diff pins, timing chain and more power stock just to name a few.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:23 PM

SO basically everyone points away from 2008 and says 2010/2011, im looking to buy used but not very used at all, just cant afford to have the dealership rape me on price.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Love my 2011 GSR!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

^Holy crap, dude! You forgot to list your childhood huffy in your sig.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostin20
^Holy crap, dude! You forgot to list your childhood huffy in your sig.

But to answer the OP,

2008- had a horribly rich stock tune. Red taillights, and red LCD screen on the dash. It also had flat grey plastic on the A/C knobs. The diff pins were made with a softer metal than Mitsu should have used and some have had failures. The 2008s also came with aluminum valve covers. Only GSR and MR models available.

2009 - There was no USDM model of the X for this year. Although rumor has it that they had started development on the XI

2010- Mitsu upgraded the taillights to the Ralliart/black tails on the 2010+ models. Side skirts were changed to prevent the rock chips that occurred on the 08s without the Aero kit. They also changed the LCD screen to color and added chrome to the A/C controls. The Touring model became available for the MR- Full Leather, while the GSR "SE" model was released for it's one year run. The valve cover was changed from the aluminum one to a plastic valve cover. The leather on the steering wheel was changed. The stock tune was improved quite a bit from the 2008

2011- The timing chain began to be upgraded to the new one, and the diff pin issue was resolved. "FUSE" was introduced. The 2011+ spoiler was slightly altered, and the "high" spoiler was made standard. Since the spoiler was now standard, the SSS package was changed to the SS package and the SL package (sunroof and leather) was introduced to the GSR. One of the tubes on the coolant overflow bottle stopped coming on the car. The exhaust was redesigned to make it a little louder and to make more power. Mitsu got rid of the sensors on the door handles that unlock the car when using the Fast Key. Evos 2011+ with fast key, you have to use the button on the door. Again, the tune was improved.

2012- Tune was improved again, although there are some instances where the 2012's aren't making quite the power of previous models, although it is mostly rumors now since the 2012s have not been out as long. The "Piano Black" dash panels from the MRs were made standard on the GSRs. The Aero kit from Mitsu was changed- The side skirts no longer come with the Aero kit unless you order them separately. On the Evos without the SS package(HIDs and projectors), the DRLs were disabled. The door panels were made more "plush".

A simple search does you wonders

Last edited by xTiCkxMYxLaInTx; Sep 24, 2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by xTiCkxMYxLaInTx

But to answer the OP,

2008- had a horribly rich stock tune. Red taillights, and red LCD screen on the dash. It also had flat grey plastic on the A/C knobs. The diff pins were made with a softer metal than Mitsu should have used and some have had failures. The 2008s also came with aluminum valve covers. Only GSR and MR models available.

2009 - There was no USDM model of the X for this year. Although rumor has it that they had started development on the XI

2010- Mitsu upgraded the taillights to the Ralliart/black tails on the 2010+ models. Side skirts were changed to prevent the rock chips that occurred on the 08s without the Aero kit. They also changed the LCD screen to color and added chrome to the A/C controls. The Touring model became available for the MR- Full Leather, while the GSR "SE" model was released for it's one year run. The valve cover was changed from the aluminum one to a plastic valve cover. The leather on the steering wheel was changed. The stock tune was improved quite a bit from the 2008

2011- The timing chain began to be upgraded to the new one, and the diff pin issue was resolved. "FUSE" was introduced. The 2011+ spoiler was slightly altered, and the "high" spoiler was made standard. Since the spoiler was now standard, the SSS package was changed to the SS package and the SL package (sunroof and leather) was introduced to the GSR. One of the tubes on the coolant overflow bottle stopped coming on the car. The exhaust was redesigned to make it a little louder and to make more power. Mitsu got rid of the sensors on the door handles that unlock the car when using the Fast Key. Evos 2011+ with fast key, you have to use the button on the door. Again, the tune was improved.

2012- Tune was improved again, although there are some instances where the 2012's aren't making quite the power of previous models, although it is mostly rumors now since the 2012s have not been out as long. The "Piano Black" dash panels from the MRs were made standard on the GSRs. The Aero kit from Mitsu was changed- The side skirts no longer come with the Aero kit unless you order them separately. On the Evos without the SS package(HIDs and projectors), the DRLs were disabled. The door panels were made more "plush".

A simple search does you wonders
You are the man
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

I don't see how the DRLs are disabled mine come on when I turn on the car and I have a 2012 with SS.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EAGLE 5
I don't see how the DRLs are disabled mine come on when I turn on the car and I have a 2012 with SS.
I could be mistaken... I havent drove/seen a 2012 here so I was just going off some of the information I read. I was wrong.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EAGLE 5
You have the SS package. which has the upgraded lights. So you get the drl. If you had the cheaper lights you wouldnt have drl.

Can anybody shed light on what the aero package is? im wondering if i have it or not.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Do you mean for the 2012? Previous models give you the front lip, different skirts, and rear bumper add-ons.

Quick Reply: List of pros and cons!