Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Trade EVO X for a 350/370Z?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trade EVO X for a 350/370Z?

Hey people. Just looking for some insight from any of you who may have owned a 350/370Z.

I'm thinking of trading my Evo X for a 350/370Z Your input is much appreciated.

Power wise the cars are similar. The Evos awd system never ceases to amaze me... but there is something awesome about a well balanced rwd car.

Basically, I'm trying to decide if the 350/370Z will be as much fun to drive.... I would not be modifying it past basic bolt ons.

Thanks for any input.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:34 PM

I owned a 350z for 6 years. Overall it was a great car. Never left me stranded, was comfortable for DD duty, was downright gorgeous, got better gas mileage than the Evo, sounded better.

Would I trade the Evo back for it? Not a chance!

Would I buy another as a second car to have around? Definitely. 350z's can be had for very cheap in good condition. I would not trade the Evo for either one, but I do regret trading the Z in when I got the Evo and wish I had kept both instead.

The next upgrade from the Evo would have to be a Porsche, GTR, M car, AMG, or something along those lines. I would probably never trade it for anything other than those. I have been so close to pulling the trigger on a 996tt multiple times this year.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:52 PM

I owned a 350z for 6 years as well. I can't compare it to an evo X, but as far as my IX goes, it has a few pluses over my Mitsu.
The 350z interior has a nicer design, although it's not made of the best materials. Minus the seats, the interior on my IX is comparable to my old 95 Civic. Manual cable driven HVAC controls, non-led backlighting...

I think the Z wins in the looks dept too. Obviously the Z has a more traditional sports car shape, wide rear end which I miss.

In the end I would not go back. Performance is what a sports car is made of, and that category is what the Evo dominates the Z in. It's a ***** to make power on a 350z. Even with all the standard bolt ons minus headers, it wasn't that much faster. I ended up having to go nitrous to fill the void. I wouldn't mind having a Z to daily drive again. I miss it for sure.

If you're not all about having the fastest car or modding for big power and don't mind 2 seats, then go for it. Again, this is my opinion.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Theres a few threads about this and if I remember right, everyone said not to do it.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seen your post on the370z forums. Keep the Evo man. I had the 370z and after 8 months it didnt do anything for me and i sold it. I love the Evo, even with a blown engine, i love it more then the Z.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

I have both, 350z is a balanced car concerning weight. I have a lot of fun with the evo x, but when u wanna go sideways, 350z is the toy for u. Have enough torque to break loose the rear anytime u want.

I love both, but evo is my weapon of choice.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbofan
Power wise the cars are similar.
With both cars bone stock, the power might be similar, with the evo pulling the lead. A few bolt ons and a tune, the evo will smoke the Z.

I know someone who had a 350Z and he put a bunch of cash into performance mods, only to gain no power.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:37 AM
Evolving Member

I owned a 350z before getting the X MR. I really miss the awesome turning radius and sound that the Z had. The 350z has one of the best stock exhaust notes ever imo. It also looks great as well. Does it look better than the X in my opinion? It's a toss up, but I would pick the X in the looks department. The cabin of the Z was pretty decent, but no better than the one in an MR with all the trimmings. The X is just more of a driver's car (it's faster and it handles better), and it's more versatile too. Like everyone here says, after a tune, the X dusts the Z. The 370z on the other hand, definitely has a better interior than the X. If you weren't concerned with maximizing performance or having rear passengers, the choice between the X and the 370z would be a toss up imo.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbofan
Hey people. Just looking for some insight from any of you who may have owned a 350/370Z.

I'm thinking of trading my Evo X for a 350/370Z Your input is much appreciated.

Power wise the cars are similar. The Evos awd system never ceases to amaze me... but there is something awesome about a well balanced rwd car.

Basically, I'm trying to decide if the 350/370Z will be as much fun to drive.... I would not be modifying it past basic bolt ons.

Thanks for any input.
You must be smokin' some good ganja, if you're willing to trade the Almighty Evolution for some beauty queen.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
unless u want to be hellaflush keep the evo
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Laughing so hard that I forgot to attribute any usefull information to the thread.

But that alone should be enough to answer the question, lol.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:13 AM

Coming from experience here, I had a 370z for 3 years which I lightly modded. It gets amazing pull and good top end, fantastic handling, drop dead good looks and just a good all around fit and finish.

...And I traded mine in for a 2012 Evo MR on Monday night. Why? Well, the car was having a few annoying problems: multiple evap leaks, tranny was slipping bad, would straight up bog down/die in heavy rains(yes I tried everything from replacing filters, cleaning/buying new MAFs), and generally was not a practical car to take on trips.

I loved the time I had with my Z, and yes my Z was moderately faster than the Evo, but the Evo responds better to modding, cheaper to upgrade and generally seems to be more reliable. I'll be honest, I'll miss how quick and light it was and how it turned heads everywhere but overall I think I'm more pleased with the Evo and I wouldn't go back.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:26 AM

I had an 07' 350z. It turns heads anywhere you go. They are sexy!
But I wasn't a fan on how it handled. This is also a personal thing.
I have good friend that thought I was crazy. I sold it and will have a
Evo in a few weeks.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

350Z = Don't get it.. its a dog to mod , and if I remember it right its plagued with alignment issues.

370Z = better car , but to the eye of the beholder it might look great .. but honestly its ugly to me. Seems like the took the viper end of the late 90's and squared it lol.

btw who ever says that 350/370 makes you turn around and look at them? funny they are a dime and a dozen here in SFL its pretty much ignored.. While an Evo turns more heads and it has its pictures taken when on the road ( true story lol )

Interior , 370 beats it by a mile.. but the leather package interior + navi is not shabby at all on the evo.

Again those are my own opinions and I am going to add something constructive to the thread.

1) What are you going to be doing with this car? DD , have some fun at the track?
2) Do you care about gas milage?
3) Are you planning on modding?
4) Do you expect to drive more than 2 people in the car?
5) If you don't mod the car, what expections do you need met ?
6) Are you willing to loose your equity on your evo?
7) do you care about the resell value of your car?

Those are some basic questions you should be asking yourself.
Depending on the outcome you should make your decision.

In the end also think which car will make you happy and put a grin on your face whenever you drive it.

I for one would've trade my evo for anything right now.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by FastAttack
350Z = Don't get it.. its a dog to mod , and if I remember it right its plagued with alignment issues.

370Z = better car , but to the eye of the beholder it might look great .. but honestly its ugly to me. Seems like the took the viper end of the late 90's and squared it lol.

btw who ever says that 350/370 makes you turn around and look at them? funny they are a dime and a dozen here in SFL its pretty much ignored.. While an Evo turns more heads and it has its pictures taken when on the road ( true story lol )

Interior , 370 beats it by a mile.. but the leather package interior + navi is not shabby at all on the evo.

Again those are my own opinions and I am going to add something constructive to the thread.

1) What are you going to be doing with this car? DD , have some fun at the track?
2) Do you care about gas milage?
3) Are you planning on modding?
4) Do you expect to drive more than 2 people in the car?
5) If you don't mod the car, what expections do you need met ?
6) Are you willing to loose your equity on your evo?
7) do you care about the resell value of your car?

Those are some basic questions you should be asking yourself.
Depending on the outcome you should make your decision.

In the end also think which car will make you happy and put a grin on your face whenever you drive it.

I for one would've trade my evo for anything right now.
1. This would be a summer car only.
2. Gas mileage would be similar.
3. I would not go past basic bolt ons.
4. I'm buying a 4x4 truck for winter and to haul people/stuff with.
5. Not sure what you mean
6 +7. I realise it's a bad decision money wise... but I am willing to do it.

Last edited by Turbofan; Sep 27, 2012 at 11:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Trade EVO X for a 350/370Z?