Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Greddy Ti C Cat Back Installed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy Ti C Cat Back Installed

I ordered it direct from Greddy with overnight shipping (from CA to GA) and got a heck of a deal since it is now discontinued. It came well-packaged, undamaged, but with no instructions (like anyone needs them...). Included were a license plate frame, one silver sticker, 3" gasket for muffler-section joint, nuts, bolts, and lock washers for that connection, and an installed silencer. The silencer has three all stainless lock nuts spot welded to it, but as soon as you remove it, you realize there is no way to re-attach the Ti tip because there are no additional lock nuts provided. So, I had to order them (stainless, top lock -- no nylon insert) from Fastenal, and some longer bolts to accomodate the height of the new nuts. Three days later I'm ready for the install...

Install was a breeze, my car only has 3500 miles on it and no bolts were frozen; removing the rubber hangers was the worst part. Just a bit of dishwashing liquid (don't use WD40 -- it causes the rubber to decay) and I was able to slide them off. Although I did purchase a new gasket for the cat-midpipe connection, I opted to re-use the stock one; it simply fit better and was in perfect condition.

As for the cat and its heatshield, there were no issues. No bending, banging, or cutting to get the midpipe to fit. The exhaust does neck down for approximately 1/2" prior to the midpipe flange. That very short section's ID is exactly 2.75". As for the rest of the exhaust, it has a 3" ID. The muffler and resonator are all 3" ID, as well. Once installed, it's MILES from hitting anything under the car -- plenty of clearance so no bumping and banging around. It also has great ground clearance. It probably sits just an 1.25" lower than the stock exhaust and that portion is inline with rear tires so speedbumps shoud be no issue.

It weighs exactly 25.2lbs. The stock cat back system weighs 41.3lbs.

I did use a Torque Solutions rear triangular exhaust mount and the whole exhaust is pretty much rock solid. With all my weight pushing and pulling, it could barely get it move back and forth 1/2". I see absolutely no need to install any of the other Torque Solutions mounts. I did not notice any fitment issues with using only the one TS mount along with other stock rubber hangers. It *may* sit 1/8" closer to right edge of the bumper hole, but since its angled, it's just about impossible to determine. I still have at least a finger's width all the way around.

As for the sound, its deep and smooth at WOT and as quiet as stock cruising at 75mph. It does get quite a bit louder when you step on the gas. I could tell no power increase. I don't have any pics (its looks like everyone else's Ti C) or sound clips (can you really tell jack **** from a youtube vid??).

The End.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Here, I'll help you with a pic since I love mine so much The sound is perfect and doesn't drone with the aggressive GSR gearing. I love mine.

Old Oct 4, 2012, 11:04 AM

I have same exhaust sounds so sick WOT
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
discontinued?? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe just that vendor. MAP still has it listed on their site, and they still sell the GReddy Ti-C for the 8 and 9 and that bodystyle has been out of production for almost 6 years.

http://www.maperformance.com/greddy-...-10137906.html
Old Oct 4, 2012, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

I have the turboback and it sounds sex
Old Oct 5, 2012, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Discontinued?? I was planning on getting this or an ETS Quiet. Maybe I should jump on this if its really going away
Old Oct 5, 2012, 07:34 PM

Yes, the Ti C series is being discontinued, per Greddy. It is being replaced by the RS Series. The RS has a stainless tip, hollow exhaust hangers, and the "neck down" area is 2" long versus the 1/2" on the Ti C. Don't worry, there are tons of Ti Cs still available. I can't say what I paid, but if the price (without tax or shipping) starts with a number higher than 4, you got robbed.