Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

cobb inlet + takeda intake

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cobb inlet + takeda intake

Hi was wondering if the Cobb inlet is longer then th stock one? I have one installed on my car already but I got my takeda intake shipped in.. but when I installed it nothing fits... in order for it to fit is have shove almost the entire pipe of the intake in filter... so I was wondering if the Cobb inlets a lil longer then the stock one..

And one more thing.. when I installed my intake and I start to boost the let off the gas there's a loud knock when the bov purges... is it normal? Or is it a failing bov? Thanks guys!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Kracka should chime in on this one.

He has the Cobb inlet + aFe intake which is the same as the takeda only with plastic tubing instead of metal and he got everything to fit. I believe he said he had to play with it but it fit and looks really good.

Not sure about your knock sound.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
AFE is actually black powdercoated metal, not plastic (contrary to what their website says). The only actual difference between the AFE and Takeda (besides logos and stickers) is polished vs. powdercoated.

There are a lot of areas for adjustment, but everything does fit together very nicely and combined with the Cobb or Perrin turbo inlets it's my favorite intake setup available. Loosen everything up (all clamps on both the turbo inlet and intake) and slightly rotate each individual piece until it all lines up perfectly. The knocking noise is your BOV hitting the factory strut bar, trim about a 1/2" off the BOV recirculation tube on the turbo inlet with a razor blade (it cuts very easily).
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:14 PM

I see.. cool thanks man! I mean I got it in but the polish tude all stuffed in the filter.. the reason I bought it was for the polished tube lol but I'll try adjusting things

By any chance do you have a pic of the set up? For reference?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Full size: http://www.dsmstyle.com/photopost/data/641/IMAG0497.jpg
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:38 AM

Nice thanks dude big help