Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dualport BOV / ETS Intake

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dualport BOV / ETS Intake

I'm about to install the Turbosmart Dual Port BOV and the ETS Short Ram Intake.

I was just curious as to whether or not these two parts are safe to run on the stock tune. I know the ETS Intake is "said" to run fine on the stock tune but despite that I just want to make absolutely 100% certain that it is completely safe to run on the stock tune. The same goes for the TS Dual Port BOV, can't find much information on how safe it is to run on the stock tune.

Any input / feedback is very greatly appreciated,

Thank you for your time,

Tina
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the dualport runs fine with my K&N with no tune..but I cant say about the ETS/dualport combo from personal experience...either way make sure to finetune the bov once installed
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

You'll be fine. I bet you'll love that combo, both are quality parts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

How do these dual port BOV hold up to boost leaks? I had a GFB dual port before and it leaked under a smoke test.
Since GFB is a well known turbo car part company that works on making parts for AWD turbo cars for years I thought there parts would be perfect.
So how does Turbo Smart hold up I heard a lot of mix reviews about there products thats why I went GFB before?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get a tune especially since the ETS intake is a larger diameter than the OEM intake.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hackerrei
How do these dual port BOV hold up to boost leaks? I had a GFB dual port before and it leaked under a smoke test.
Since GFB is a well known turbo car part company that works on making parts for AWD turbo cars for years I thought there parts would be perfect.
So how does Turbo Smart hold up I heard a lot of mix reviews about there products thats why I went GFB before?

You had a GFB fail? I was totally holding out to buy the GFB Decepter because I've heard nothing but great stuff about GFB.

Turbosmart has a great reputation, and the vids I've heard of the dualport on the X sound fantastic. ...I had a friend selling his Turbosmart DP-BOV about 2 months ago too, but thought I would like the GFB more. Now I haz a sad. How was support for replacing it when you found it leaking?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Get Rad
Get a tune especially since the ETS intake is a larger diameter than the OEM intake.
This is not true. The ETS is safe for factory tune Evos.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

When Cobb smoke tested it the smoke was coming from the bottum half of the diafram and when I call them they said some thing about all BOV leak when there is no PSI on the vac line but the smoke was not coming out a the piston.
So as far as refund or replace none was offered sucked becouse I really liked it too it was the older stealth fx that the deceptor replaced.

But I would like to see how the changes they made to the deceptor hold up.

On GFB web site they have a tech section where they talk about this issue when leak testing there BOV.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I can see how it sounds like BS, because lets say you are cruising at vacuum, not boost, you would still have a leak that would be throwing off your tune

Well, I had a TurboXS BOV back in the day, and it was a total POS. I absolutely hated it.
When I had my STi I had a Worx and it eventually started leaking, but it came with the car so I'm not sure how old it was, I switched to an AgencyPower. It worked. I still feel AP parts are just knock-offs of companies like Turbosmart and Cobb, but it worked fine.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:45 AM

I just purchased a turbo smart BOV on mines getting ECU flashed saturday and few weeks maybe getting intake and exhaust will be tuning at that point.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whickedGSR
I just purchased a turbo smart BOV on mines getting ECU flashed saturday and few weeks maybe getting intake and exhaust will be tuning at that point.
Grats. Intake, test-pipe and cat-back exhaust and a tune make a HUGE difference in how the X drives. You'll love it.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Get Rad
ETS uses the stock MAF housing, hence why it is safe with the stock tune. If you want peak benefits then you do need a tune though.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the great answers! And as for fine tuning the BOV once it's installed how does one go about doing that?

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtina
Thanks for the great answers! And as for fine tuning the BOV once it's installed how does one go about doing that?

Thanks!
If it's adjustable, if you hear flutter, loosen the tension.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:44 PM

Okay I have the ETS Intake / TS Dual Port BOV....

I already have a mufflerless CBE (still have stock cat) installed....I'm really ultra super worried about running lean or over boosting and my car blowing up after installing the Intake/BOV....someone please help alleviate my fears .

Quick Reply: Dualport BOV / ETS Intake