Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Where to get AYC/ACD Solenoids

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Where to get AYC/ACD Solenoids

Hey guys would anyone know where to buy used/new Solenoids for AYC/ACD Hydraulic Pump for EVO x? I am in need of 2x. Anyone have any leads or know of its whereabouts please let me know.

Thanks....
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

I'm looking for all three, so here's a bump.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Contact these guys: http://www.evoayc.co.uk/
Old Feb 28, 2013, 05:42 PM

Hey Guys,

I was able to find 2x solenoids from the following just in case you were wondering.

Ross Sport Ltd

Unit 1 Faraday BusinessPark

Littleport

Cambridgeshire

CB6 1PE

+44 (0) 1945 580066

Originally Posted by Iowa999
Contact these guys: http://www.evoayc.co.uk/
Old Mar 1, 2013, 06:48 PM

cool this helps i need to get new ones
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why do you guys need new ones??
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:22 AM

Since some of you disassembled your pumps, any of you has an electric motor for sale ?
Thank you.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:28 AM

Thumbs up Continual failure with AYC/ACD Pump

Hey guys,

Would any of you guys know or have had the same problem as I. I seem to have continual problems with the pump motor. I have replaced the motor 2 times now and they seem to fail constantly after a day or so. I'm beginning to think that there is a short in my electrical causing this. Now I've checked the relays there fine the only thing left are the ACD ECU, switches etc....

Anyone here or experience this problem? Let me know as even purchasing a new one I'm beginning to think i'll experience the same problem. I think I'm going to send the car to Mitsubishi to do a overall diagnostic check.

Originally Posted by adrianTNT
Since some of you disassembled your pumps, any of you has an electric motor for sale ?
Thank you.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by electrasol99
Hey guys,
Would any of you guys know or have had the same problem as I. I seem to have continual problems with the pump motor. I have replaced the motor 2 times now and they seem to fail constantly after a day or so. I'm beginning to think that there is a short in my electrical causing this. Now I've checked the relays there fine the only thing left are the ACD ECU, switches etc....

Anyone here or experience this problem? Let me know as even purchasing a new one I'm beginning to think i'll experience the same problem. I think I'm going to send the car to Mitsubishi to do a overall diagnostic check.
I think my problems are similar, motor started and errors were gone but only for a while, after 4-5 starts the errors were back and I didn't hear the motor start anymore.

- Are your motors repaired? If so, I think this is caused by an alignment issue when motor was put back together, if brushes are rotated at a different rotation from the magnets the motor can start in reverse or it can have lower power and eventually stops. Can this be the cause with yours too?

- Where did you get your motors from? If they are new I want one too
Old Apr 1, 2013, 05:04 PM

Thumbs up

This is interesting and I have had my motors replaced twice. 1 worked for a week the other for 1 day. Interesting your comments...... Both motors were used functional at one point.

I think my problems are similar, motor started and errors were gone but only for a while, after 4-5 starts the errors were back and I didn't hear the motor start anymore.

- Are your motors repaired? If so, I think this is caused by an alignment issue when motor was put back together, if brushes are rotated at a different rotation from the magnets the motor can start in reverse or it can have lower power and eventually stops. Can this be the cause with yours too?

- Where did you get your motors from? If they are new I want one too
Old Apr 1, 2013, 05:33 PM

How much do people pay for the solenoids ? Mine are good and I have a failed motor, maybe I would sell them and buy a new pump.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 08:30 PM

Thumbs up Ayc/acd pump motor failures

So guys, after taking the car to the dealer to get a diagnostic check it was broght to my attension the cause of 2x motors on ayc/acd pump was caused from my awc ecu. The awc ecu nneded to be flashed with a newer version. It seems the older version on the awc ecu was not shutting of the pump and guessing it over stressed the motor..

How much do people pay for the solenoids ? Mine are good and I have a failed motor, maybe I would sell them and buy a new pump.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 08:40 PM

Do you know what version you have now or what software date?

I asked local dealer several times about the AWC ecu flash but they don't know anything about it, I think they don't even know there is a separate computer for the AWC
Old Apr 5, 2013, 08:23 AM

Thumbs up

AdrianTNT,

If your dealer doesn't know about the AWC ECU then you dealing with a bunch of lost cases! Go to another dealer this is simply ridiculous. I can send you the diagram of the "AWC ECU" is situated under the steering wheel. I can find out the firmware version "from" and "to".

http://www.evoscan.com/manuals/EvoX/...0000300-90.pdf

Do you know what version you have now or what software date?

I asked local dealer several times about the AWC ecu flash but they don't know anything about it, I think they don't even know there is a separate computer for the AWC
Old Apr 5, 2013, 08:32 AM

The old/new version numbers would be nice. Thanks.

The old/new version numbers would be nice. Thanks.
That ^

Last edited by Iowa999; Apr 13, 2013 at 06:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Where to get AYC/ACD Solenoids