Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

leather vs cloth ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't really attest to the leather seats in the X but I can say from experience that I prefer to avoid leather seats in general. Due to several reasons, one being the temperature change in the summer and winter. Next due to wear and tear. I seem to see a lot more leather seats having to be re-upholstered vs the cloth seats, leather seats also tend to show wear a lot easier than cloth seats. Again, I don't have any experience with the X's leather, or Mitsu for that matter.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just found this car, has every option but nav. They also painted the fender vents and hood vents to WW (I was told they can get the black ones back if I dont like them)

The interior also has the upgraded aluminum shift knob and Ebrake handle. Feels A LOT nicer than stock and looks classier.

The interior on the 13 is not as bad as I remember on the X, the doors had leather on the panels, the center consol had a glossy black plastic and the dash would be changed out to the CF most likely anyways so I am not concerned with that.

Seats feel a bit tighter than my IX seats did. But I also put on around 45 more pounds since I had that car

[/url]
Old Mar 24, 2013, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
It's been a couple years since I sold my 9 and looking for a another daily driver. I am all but convinced the MR is the right car because my wife can drive it in an emergency if she needs to. .. my question is to current owners how is the wear and tear of the leather and do you slide regardless of how tight the seats fit ya?

Also the nav? How accurate is it and is it user friendly.
Just saw your other post about the nav and lease ..... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...uy-sunday.html)you mentioned a new baby (
I have a 2 month old baby that I know is possibly just as safe in an X (over my old 9) or even my 3 series.
.... so I guess this should be the main consideration ?

Leather's easy to clean and cloth simply ain't, whereas baby seats won't be sliding around anyhow. Wear & tear on leather is always going to be worse than clothm even assuming iroc-evo doesn't hv a fat ***
Originally Posted by iroc-evo
here are some pics I took this morning.... driver side: zoomed out a bit:

And I USE these bolsters lol
Enjoy the car, WW is the right color choice
Old Mar 24, 2013, 08:42 AM

nav

Just found this car, has every option but nav. They also painted the fender vents and hood vents to WW (I was told they can get the black ones back if I dont like them)

The interior also has the upgraded aluminum shift knob and Ebrake handle. Feels A LOT nicer than stock and looks classier.

The interior on the 13 is not as bad as I remember on the X, the doors had leather on the panels, the center consol had a glossy black plastic and the dash would be changed out to the CF most likely anyways so I am not concerned with that.

Seats feel a bit tighter than my IX seats did. But I also put on around 45 more pounds since I had that car

[/url]
Hi! You can add the Nav, it's an easy install. (Dealer will charge, but what the heck) I did - not for the Navigation, but the hard drive!! I store 40+ CD's in the car - my favs. Using music server. I also MUCH prefer the larger display for Sirius, with multiple fav lists and easy to see and choose. I don't use the Nav alot - but it's great when you are looking for a freeway onramp in an unfamiliar place. I found it fairly accurate. The real time traffic does work too. And finding a particular fast food place on a nearby offramp can really help save time looking.
Also, many don't know, but you can access a lot of the cars systems and settings through the Nav too. (alarm/climate controls/service record, etc) And, you can use the touch display to navigate your iPod/Nano/iPhone, etc.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Activ8
Just saw your other post about the nav and lease ..... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...uy-sunday.html)you mentioned a new baby ( .... so I guess this should be the main consideration ?

Leather's easy to clean and cloth simply ain't, whereas baby seats won't be sliding around anyhow. Wear & tear on leather is always going to be worse than clothm even assuming iroc-evo doesn't hv a fat ***

Enjoy the car, WW is the right color choice

Thanks for all the good info, leather is deff my choice without a doubt. For the cost of the car, at this point I cannot justify it with cloth.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iroc-evo
here are some pics I took this morning....

driver side:

]

like I said, I wipe them down with leather wipes every so often and I also watch how I get in and out. The outer bolster on the driver side has the most wear (obviously). And I USE these bolsters lol
How many miles on these seats??? They actually look to be holding up GREAT!
Old Mar 24, 2013, 06:39 PM

Lint...fuzz...dust...everything stick to cloth.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 06:40 PM

Leather is the way to go, except on those 110 degree days.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 09:02 PM

I love my leather seats and my navi! The navi is so much more than just navi also... plus imo looks way better than the standard radio dash...
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shza
i love my leather seats and my navi! The navi is so much more than just navi also... Plus imo looks way better than the standard radio dash...
+ 1000
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[/url]
lol I was just sitting in this car a few hours ago as mitsu changed my fluids
Old Mar 25, 2013, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ogrenator
lol I was just sitting in this car a few hours ago as mitsu changed my fluids
It looks REALLY nice in the showroom. The lights hit the WW like a big pizza pie thats amore'
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Leezon
I don't agree with that. I find the Nav finds everything I throw at it.
I guess I'm just not sure how to use the nav then. For instance, how the hell would I find the post office? I've tried typing in "post office," "usps," etc.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 04:07 PM

leather is awesome. i love it. i never move an inch when driving. dont have the nav though..
Old Apr 10, 2013, 05:06 AM

I have the leather and the navi. I would on everything with the seats, they seem to hold up well and really arent terrible in the summer or winter (heated seats help that). I rarely use the navi, but I think it looks much cleaner than the standard radio unit. Not sure if the standard radio does any of this but you can track your maintenance schedule and other data (nothing crazy but mpg or mph etc.) through the navi unit too. I am happy that I went with the leather and navi