Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

HELP idol searching like crazy! and boost hesitation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP idol searching like crazy! and boost hesitation

i have an 08 evo x gsr, when i accelerate hard, when the turbo starts to spool it sounds like a kazoo, very weird noise, it goes away once its fully spooled. i recently got an accessport and tuned the car with a stage 1 ots map from cobb, for a complety stock car like mine, it was good for the first day but when i was driving it tonight i would go in to boost and it would hesitate while spooling but once fully spooled it pulled hard with no problems. also the car is idol searching like crazy, sounds cammed, but its not, car is 100% stock besides the accessport and after tonight i put it back to stock tune, the car now pulls fine with no hesitation but it when spooling the turbo sounds like a kazoo at least i think its the turbo, i could be wrong, and its still idol searching like crazy! HELP HELP HELPPP
Old Mar 31, 2013, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check for a vacuume leak. Also there is a hose on the left side of the intake manifold make sure it is still connected. Zip tie it if it hasn't been done already.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by H Jensen
Check for a vacuume leak. Also there is a hose on the left side of the intake manifold make sure it is still connected. Zip tie it if it hasn't been done already.
thankyou so much man! i go look at the intake mani and that hose was popped off haha
Old Mar 31, 2013, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice!.. But did u mean idle?? Hehehehe
Old Mar 31, 2013, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by fabcas311
Nice!.. But did u mean idle?? Hehehehe
yeah im a bad speller, thanks man
Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:36 AM

One other thing is to make sure you have updated your fuel pump relay. You would not believe the difference it makes if its busted (sounds like a baby rattle). I believe the correct part number for the updated one is MR122409.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Wait, what? Gently shake a known/good relay. It should rattle too. Inside is a metal arm with a spring that makes/breaks contact... Usually when they fail it is in wiring of the electric coil that energizes and pulls the metal arm down - no rattle test would detect that failure.

If a realy did not rattle - i would suspect it...

Please correct me if i am wrong - i would not want people pulling relays and replacing all the 'rattlers'...
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:30 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by veronica
wait, what? Gently shake a known/good relay. It should rattle too. Inside is a metal arm with a spring that makes/breaks contact... Usually when they fail it is in wiring of the electric coil that energizes and pulls the metal arm down - no rattle test would detect that failure.

If a realy did not rattle - i would suspect it...

Please correct me if i am wrong - i would not want people pulling relays and replacing all the 'rattlers'...
i will fight you and that is no lie
Old Oct 18, 2015, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by GSREVOx
thankyou so much man! i go look at the intake mani and that hose was popped off haha
Hello, do you remember which hose was? I'm having a very similar problem after a cobb stage 1 reflash, my car has a lot of hesitation.