Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

For those of you with ACD pump failures (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$1600 getting a new pump install at stealership.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
thats actually not a bad price from what i have seen others getting charged at the dealership
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mic Yang

Here in Canada it's now around $1900 for the Evo which includes install/bleed, and aprox $1800 for Ralliarts and this is the new price drop it used to be a lot higher for us.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

There were quite a few people who sent me pms last month about purchasing the relocation kit. I didn't get notification and didn't notice them on my little BB screen when I checked the site. I sent Chris a message that this is my fault so you guys can definitely get in on the group buy and I sent you the details. Chris hasn't sent me any message that he's not honoring the group buy price anymore so if there's others who want in, go for it but hurry before he changes things.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by coryl
Here in Canada it's now around $1900 for the Evo which includes install/bleed, and aprox $1800 for Ralliarts and this is the new price drop it used to be a lot higher for us.
Here in Edmonton people are reporting south side mitsubishi doing it for $1100.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thomar
Here in Edmonton people are reporting south side mitsubishi doing it for $1100.
Maybe they're just paying for the part or just the labor? I've heard of that here as well when the warranty is done but by less than a year. Maybe Mitsu Canada has agreed to help out more with their pump issues without advertising it outright?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

From what I heard, Mitsubishi dropped the price of the pump. Doesnt take too long to remove/install.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 03:55 AM

You can soon add my 2011 Ralliart Sportback to the list. At ~35,800 miles while on a trip I got the first indicator...the word tarmac blinking...taunting me. Got to the dealership about 400 miles later, just 200 miles out of the bumper to bumper warranty, and they said it's a stuck solenoid code / protection mode. Until it throws the code for a bad pump they can't try to replace it under warranty.

About 36,700 miles now and it's almost always blinking. It's easy to confirm now because it whines shortly after putting it in gear and the instant the whining stops the blinking starts. I hear it every morning when I back out of my parking spot and sit there engaged in a staring contest with my AWC light to see which one of us blinks first. I always win.

It's obvious that Indiana weather is the root cause. Hot humid horrible summers? Check. Freezing cold winters? Check. Pounds and pounds of road salt? Check. These pumps weren't designed for a climate where a nice sunny days turns to snow, and then rain, and then sunny again.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thomar
From what I heard, Mitsubishi dropped the price of the pump. Doesnt take too long to remove/install.

Yes Mitsu Canada did decrease the price of the pump but not for $1100 with install and bleed. The price I know from talking to the dealership here in Ontario is $1100 for just the Ralliart pump without taxes or install. I just flew back tonight from Edmonton and was going to stop into south side Mitsu while I was there and check things out but unfortunately didn't have time. I'd be interested to know their exact price if you have a moment to contact their service manager.

Last edited by coryl; Aug 22, 2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 03:25 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi all,
Put my name on the list :-(
I got the dash light to service the AWD system.
Also pulled the code for the ACD.

How much does a brand new one cost?
Thinking of buying a new one and make it bullet proof before i install it.

Any other options?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR
Hi all,
Put my name on the list :-(
I got the dash light to service the AWD system.
Also pulled the code for the ACD.

How much does a brand new one cost?
Thinking of buying a new one and make it bullet proof before i install it.

Any other options?

Many of us have bought the relocation kits which is the best solution IMO but there are other options. I made this post on another site...

Using the Dynaflux 309-16 is another very good option if not relocating and then used in combination with a pump guard which should give the product a much longer lifespan...I also think I will use this on the pump prior to my relocation to 100% protect it from any salt and moisture floating in the air. I did some research and then contacted Dynaflux and described our situation with pump location being underneath the car, electrical connections, etc, and here's the response below. I also checked the MSDS on this product and do not inhale this stuff. Use a NIOSH approved mask when applying the spray.

Greetings,
The 309-16 is designed to sacrificially corrode before any metal corrosion on the pump/motor. There is no problem with the electrical connections/areas. This product will repel corrosion caused by the road salt. A standard coat should last a couple of years.

Regards,

Mark Redmon
Dynaflux, Inc.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any pics of acd pump failure!?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by coryl
Many of us have bought the relocation kits which is the best solution IMO but there are other options. I made this post on another site...

Using the Dynaflux 309-16 is another very good option if not relocating and then used in combination with a pump guard which should give the product a much longer lifespan...I also think I will use this on the pump prior to my relocation to 100% protect it from any salt and moisture floating in the air. I did some research and then contacted Dynaflux and described our situation with pump location being underneath the car, electrical connections, etc, and here's the response below. I also checked the MSDS on this product and do not inhale this stuff. Use a NIOSH approved mask when applying the spray.

Greetings,
The 309-16 is designed to sacrificially corrode before any metal corrosion on the pump/motor. There is no problem with the electrical connections/areas. This product will repel corrosion caused by the road salt. A standard coat should last a couple of years.

Regards,

Mark Redmon
Dynaflux, Inc.
This is good info. Going to get some of this spray to see how it holds up this winter. Any information on how high of a temp this supports? Will it hold up on the exhaust piping or is that too hot?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ChipperEvo
This is good info. Going to get some of this spray to see how it holds up this winter. Any information on how high of a temp this supports? Will it hold up on the exhaust piping or is that too hot?

I sent Mark a mail with your question. I'll keep you posted.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mic Yang

I'd negotiate and question that U.S $ price since you're just slightly past warranty with a 2010. Dealerships in Canada are helping it appears (or maybe It's Mitsu Canada???) and many people are paying just labor costs for those cars just past warranty and I can't believe it would be any different in the U.S.
Don't let them take your money easily! Just saying!

Quick Reply: For those of you with ACD pump failures (merged)