Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

For those of you with ACD pump failures (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just opened our relocation kits last evening I'd been away for two weeks. They are quality and perfect even improved upon from their previous version...three day shipping from the UK was amazing. I'll be installing this week and will do the video with install and bleed process on top of the install video that has been made for us by autotorque for these specific kits. For those of you who have purchased the kits and don't have my cell pm me I will give it to you for assistance if you need it.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Just found out some interesting news. Apparently Mitsu is relocating the pump to the boot in the 2015 Evos. Wonder where they got this idea and why it took them so long?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 03:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by coryl
Just found out some interesting news. Apparently Mitsu is relocating the pump to the boot in the 2015 Evos. Wonder where they got this idea and why it took them so long?
Wow, interesting news. More justification for trading in my 2014, lol.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rashid.4v
Wow, interesting news. More justification for trading in my 2014, lol.
Odds of a recall for the pump? Or just get a 2015?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CaptainAsia
Odds of a recall for the pump? Or just get a 2015?

Ya seriously. That basically is mitsubishi admitting they put the pump in the wrong location. NEW PUMPS FOR ALL! (wishful thinking)
Old Sep 16, 2014, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

True you can trade up but you'll lose lots in the trade so maybe just relocate the pump unless the 2015 Evo is the car for you.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
^true.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 09:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChipperEvo
This is good info. Going to get some of this spray to see how it holds up this winter. Any information on how high of a temp this supports? Will it hold up on the exhaust piping or is that too hot?

I looked into this product but it arrived too late for me to use, and after a week they did finally get back to me. You can get single cans directly from their website for $15'ish. Everywhere else I looked wanted to sell them by the case.

Good afternoon,
What is the maximum surface temperature that this spray can withstand? I haven't ordered any yet, so I don't know if its actually printed on the can label or not.
Thank you

Greetings,
The 309-16, after application and cure, will withstand 500 F.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
^Also interested in the spray and more information. Or a place to purchase a relocation kit into the trunk?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 03:18 AM

I did the shield.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...d-install.html

I used 3M Rubberized coating instead of the Zinc because they took so long to get back to me about the temps.

If I lived further up north I'd probably do the relocation kit. I think Driven Fabrication is working on one.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

In order to get at the pump to spray it with a protective coating does the bumper have to come off or can a guy get at it without?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Psybin
I looked into this product but it arrived too late for me to use, and after a week they did finally get back to me. You can get single cans directly from their website for $15'ish. Everywhere else I looked wanted to sell them by the case.

Good afternoon,
What is the maximum surface temperature that this spray can withstand? I haven't ordered any yet, so I don't know if its actually printed on the can label or not.
Thank you

Greetings,
The 309-16, after application and cure, will withstand 500 F.
Thanks for the info! Yeah I think it's too late for me as well to get this stuff (actually forgot about this post I made LOL).

I will try the 3M rubber stuff as well.

Oh and great write up on the pump guard.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Thomar
In order to get at the pump to spray it with a protective coating does the bumper have to come off or can a guy get at it without?

Taking the bumper off would probably be best, I didn't think about doing that. I just unbolted the housing the pump sits in and pulled it out as far as I could without messing the lines up and sprayed it down.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 02:01 PM

New evo x Owner

Brand, spanking new EVO X owner here.

Yesterday, as I drove back from the one way plane ticket to OH, noticed the blinking TARMAC on the display panel. The EVO is a 2011 MR, less than 22k miles. I assure everyone the weather was not too hot nor too cold. Neither was the climate too wet or dry. Instead, the drive was perfect, coasting around 70 mph the entire time at a mild - near perfect - 70 degrees F.

Like most overly **** enthusiasts, I brought the newly acquired EVO to my local Mitsubishi dealership ASAP, meaning this AM. The blinking tarmac on the display panel did not appear on my drive to the local dealership. The mechanic also did not witness the blinking when he took the EVO around the lot. After the dianostic ports were connected the software did display code 161F. My research indicates to me - from post #198 - it's an indicator the pump WILL eventually take a complete dive; it's only a matter of time.
After absorbing the $116 diagnostic fee, I was told to bring the EVO back if/and when the blinking reoccurs.

Since the EVO will be used by both myself and my wife, she test drove it for the very fist time after I returned from the local dealership. Just my luck, she said, "why is the Tarmac word blinking?"

Gosh, any suggestions or something I've missed will be greatly appreciated it, thanks in advance.

v/r

Last edited by Howat; Sep 26, 2014 at 06:25 AM. Reason: add info
Old Sep 26, 2014, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Where did you buy it from, private or dealership and if dealership which one?
Also is there still warranty? I'm not sure what U.S. Warranty gives but it's 60,000kms or 3 years. You also have 30-90 days under lemon laws if you bought from a dealership is why I ask.
My guess is that the original owner saw the occasional tarmac flash and quickly got rid of the car knowing a big bill was coming soon. Can you change out of tarmac?

Quick Reply: For those of you with ACD pump failures (merged)